Austin’s MVP06 Text Overhaul

MagicHands8686

You people who have started using this: is it hard to get used to? Like if you want to do something, do you know what to click on or is it trial and error?

BTW, to the creator, my hat goes off to you. The "call to bullpen", what a great idea. Good job. Really.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I'd hope that it would be hard to get used to. It would basically make it seem like a new game. When you get a new game, it is tough to get used to the new menus and stuff.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I noticed was when you record an out the popup now say "OUTS" instead of "OUT". I didnt know if it was a typo or if you did it on purpose.

Otherwise, I love it. Its a great mod that adds some much needed freshness to the text.

Great Job!!! :yeah:

That would be a typo. I'll fix it in the next release.

Thank you for pointing it outs.

im missing the IGENG.LOC File..ive tried and downloaded a couple of times sorry for the hassle does anyone have a specific link or something?...

sorry for being such a pain.

You should be able to just use the installer.

But here’s another link.

http://www.mysharefile.com/d/4916977/11615...l_Beta_v0.6.rar

Something I just noticed: I replaced both the .loc files and my Dynasties don't show up in game, so that's something for people to think about when downloading this mod. They work fine when I replace the .locs with the originals.

Same here.

Readme wrote:

Before installing this mod you should know it will make MVP Baseball look for deferent files when trying to load your previous saves. To fix this find your options save file (My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005) which should look like this “MVPOptions_Options.sav†and rename it to “MVPOptions_Settings.sav†you will also need to change any Dynasty saves to “_Franchise.savâ€, any owner mode saves to “_G.M. Mode.sav†and any Roster saves to "_Edit Roster.sav".

If you ever want to uninstall this mod remember to change the names back.

Readme wrote:

Before installing this mod you should know it will make MVP Baseball look for deferent files when trying to load your previous saves. To fix this find your options save file (My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005) which should look like this “MVPOptions_Options.sav†and rename it to “MVPOptions_Settings.sav†you will also need to change any Dynasty saves to “_Franchise.savâ€, any owner mode saves to “_G.M. Mode.sav†and any Roster saves to "_Edit Roster.sav".

If you ever want to uninstall this mod remember to change the names back.

Thanks for the help boricuapapi.

Here is also something i noticed

untitleddd0.jpg

i think u wrote the same thing twice lol. Great mod tho. i love it

Thanks, I’ll have it fixed for the next release.

So my scouting report would be:

This guy is a bum. This guy is a loser. This guy is a bum. This guy is a loser.

I don’t know, personally I think your scouting report would read more like this.

This guy is a legend. This guys mods are an inspiration. This guy is a legend. This guys mods are an inspiration.

On the screen where the batting lineups are before the game, the phrase "bat control" covers up a digit of the players contact rating.

I’ve fixed this problem and I will be uploading a new version soon with this and all the other problems so far listed fixed.

The new version will also have a couple of minor changes (i.e. Mound Consultation is now Mound Meeting).

I will release the new version once I find out why it's repeating scouting reports.

I just released version 0.7 with all the problems so far found fixed, including the scouting report repeating issue. I also changed a couple of little things like “Mound Consultation†to “Mound Meetingâ€.

In other news, I have a friend that owns a bunch of EA games so I should have a ton of fonts to play around with in a few days.

I just released version 0.7 with all the problems so far found fixed, including the scouting report repeating issue. I also changed a couple of little things like “Mound Consultation†to “Mound Meetingâ€.

In other news, I have a friend that owns a bunch of EA games so I should have a ton of fonts to play around with in a few days.

Hi, is there any way that i can change the player music tipe( for example change dance for R&B)????

Actually KG I think he means change the text in game to say R&B instead of Dance. And yes Dwillisster I can change that for the next release.

Although I don't really know a lot about R&B, I'm pretty sure it is not the same as dance. I think he was just using that as an example.

That wouldn't make a difference as Totte and I continue to use 'Dance' in MVPedit.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I’m not sure what that has to do with changing the text in-game. I believe what Dwillisster was wanting me to do was change the text in the player create/edit menu when selecting the Batter Ditty Type.

Edit:

Although I don't really know a lot about R&B, I'm pretty sure it is not the same as dance. I think he was just using that as an example.

I had assumed he was using it as an example as well. I was just letting him know that 1. I could do it and 2. I just couldn’t do it until the next release, obviously.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I’m not sure what that has to do with changing the text in-game. I believe what Dwillisster was wanting me to do was change the text in the player create/edit menu when selecting the Batter Ditty Type.

Yes!!! I want to change the text of batter ditty type .for example: Dance for R&b...

It would still be dance music to many people. Only a TC should change the ditty genres, yet again it is only my opinion.

I get what you’re saying now and I completely agree with you.

Edit:

I know Soriano.. I just want the change for me only ( not for everybody), he can make the change and send me the file... ?

Give me a couple minutes and I'll have a link up for you.

Archived