Austin’s MVP06 Text Overhaul

MagicHands8686

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the screen where the batting lineups are before the game, the phrase "bat control" covers up a digit of the players contact rating. How can i fix it?

That’s strange. I fixed that in the most recent release and in the one I made for you.

Is this what you’re talking about? If not could you post a pic of the problem?

auqm0.jpg

Yeah, since Bat Control doesn't fit, I think you should just leave it at contact. I don't really like that it just says bat. But, it's your choice...
i agree too. it's really great that you're re-doing everything, however, some things were fine as they where. for example, there's no real reason to change contact to bat control - that as fine. however, when you get to things like scouting reports and such, that's something to be fixed.

Did you mod stuff that pops up, like say when you get a notification that some one wants to trade with you or when you get your manager ejected for arguing calls or plunking batters?

No. For the most part I just left that stuff alone.

By the way just so everyone knows I’m under a lot more stress then normal and I’m being stretched very thin right now so I’m going to have to put the Fonts update for this mod on hold for two weeks. I’m defiantly still going to be doing it I just won’t have any free time to do it over the next couple weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this mod difficult to do? I may do something myself like this. I'm thinking of draft reports that say "In high school he once hit a player with his fastball and knocked him unconscious for several days". Over the top stuff like that for rookies that you draft.

I was also thinking about changing the text that pops up like "The A's are seriously interested in making a deal with your team. Please return our calls so we can make something happen." Or, "R. Alomar was suspended 21 days for spitting at the umpire...again".

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if you were interested in replacing the names of the batting stances and pitching windups from not as good/retired players to up and coming stars names.

Example: Change the name of the J. Seo windup to be Wang instead considering Wang is much better then Seo.

Example 2: Change the name of the L. Walker batting stance to either Crawford or Mauer.

Opinions?

I was wondering if you were interested in replacing the names of the batting stances and pitching windups from not as good/retired players to up and coming stars names.

Example: Change the name of the J. Seo windup to be Wang instead considering Wang is much better then Seo.

Example 2: Change the name of the L. Walker batting stance to either Crawford or Mauer.

Opinions?

Things shouldn't change for the sake of being changed. The last thing I'd want to do is change around all my config files and reference sheet just to give 'new names' to the same old stances and windups. Sure Bret Boone could be retired but that stance was made for Bret Boone. Just let it keep the name it was intended to be called.

Things shouldn't change for the sake of being changed. The last thing I'd want to do is change around all my config files and reference sheet just to give 'new names' to the same old stances and windups. Sure Bret Boone could be retired but that stance was made for Bret Boone. Just let it keep the name it was intended to be called.

Co-signed bro :wtg:

Archived