PS3 or Wii?

Sandlot

PS3 or Wii?  

24 members have voted

1. 1.

• Playstation 3
    • Nintendo Wii

The Wii is interesting and affordable but apart from Mario and Zelda I dont see many other games worth playing. Resident Evil will be on the 360 and PS3 and there are many other top notch games that will not be on the Wii. (MG4, GOW, etc.) I will probably get a PS3 when the first price drop occurs. That wont be til next holiday season (hopefully)

neither, I'm sticking with my 360. but if I were getting one I'd would def be the wii. #1 its way way way cheaper. #2 most of the "exclusive" ps3 games are now backing out and making a 360 version as well (assasins creed for instance) #3 the wii is actually doing something original and interesting. and the whole weird controller thing isn't really an issue since they will be selling an adapter type thing that makes it look more like the current controllers. #4 who doesn't love to play mario?

I have an army of people lined up to wait in line to PS3s, eBay here I come. Pre order coupons are going for $2,000, and a pre order coupon by no means guarantees you a PS3. There will be less PS3 this season than there was 360s last season

I've already taken this route. But I'm putting the PS3 up once I get the preorder because I think it will sell for more once people realize that they can't buy the PS3 in stores.

Can't stand both.

Wii has great first party games but there is the chance that third party games will only port over as opposed to just creating the game for the Wii.

Sony PS3. What's so "innovative"? I mean most of their concepts and ideas are taken from everyone else. Nintendo innovates and other companies swagger jack or they copy the concept and repackage it as their own, which is why they did not announce the controller for the Wii as soon as people thought they would b/c in an interview they said that other companies would then try to emulate their ideas.

Once the Wiimote came out to the public and people were like WTF it looks like a TV remote, and they found out you can play great games on it because you can control what you can do by moving the controller back/forth sideways up and down etc, BAM Sony pulls out the SIXAXIS remote with *gasp* same concept of functions as a Wiimote, with the tradition of the Dual Shock!

as a person who's much more interested in game play than graphics (not that they hurt or anything), wii seems like the way to go. zelda has the potential to be amazing, not to mention countless games that can be awesome with the wiimote and nunchuck. and besides, even if the new technology is a bust, they still have a quality controller to back it up.

PS3. The controller for the Wii would drive me nuts and the PS3/360 have a much better game base (IMO).

Either way, I won't be getting the PS3 until the new Grand Theft Auto comes out next year. Maybe not even then.

You know they are making an alternate controller for the Wii right? From what I've seen it looks a lot like the SNES controller with analog sticks.

Most likely I would buy the PS3 but I agree with you though, right now I could care less about the PS3 release. They haven't announced any games that are making me want it all that much. I would like to see a new GTA and I would like to see what 2K7 has to offer before I make my decision. I also want to see what Namco does with the next Tekken, whether or not it will be online. The only way I would buy a PS3 right now is if I could get a great deal on one. I would like to look into the whole modding thing with it too since I have never had a modded system.

need another reason to get a Wii instead of a PS3? That friggin' commercial for the ps3 with the baby smiling and crying, and then the ps3 floating is just way to friggin' creepy. it's the stuff that nightmares are made of....

it's ranks up there in creepyness with the Sprite sublymonal advertising.....

Edit: just in case you haven't had the displeasure of seeing it yet, here's a link...

creepy ps3 commercial

Archived