Do You Have What It Takes?

xcrunner4623

ATTENTION

THERE ARE TWO OPEN SPOTS LEFT!!!!!

We are proud to introduce the "League of Elites", a brainchild of TribeFan4Ever and xcrunner4623. This will be a fully functional IP 2 IP league. It may have been done before but never like this.

We need 8 more dedicated managers. By dedicated I mean will play when they are needed and will not back out of a game.

In this league, the manager will control two teams, one American League and one National League. In order to create fairness, a ranking system will be in effect.

It will be a 30 game season with newsletters sent out via e-mail, with stats, standings, and tid bits. If you are interested in joining, please reply in this thread with interest and dedication level.

To play you will need the Himachi IP program, MDs datafile, UR 8.0, and the MVP 06 mod. Thank you all. We hope to have a full league by the end of the day.

HERE IS OUR LIST OF MANAGERS/TEAMS SO FAR

xcrunner4623- Phillies/Red Sox

TribeFan4Ever- Cubs/Indians

Sandlot- Reds/Yankees

nightwing- Braves/Tigers

TxDodger73- Dodgers/Rangers

Immac- Nationals/Orioles

pistonj92- Cardinals/Devil Rays

makshim- Giants/A's

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need more owners. We figure 10 is a good number because it will be a close, tight-knit group. Plus if each owner controls two teams, we will have 20 teams in the league and set up interleague games also. Maybe a 20 game schedule instead of 30. Whoever is interested, post this please:

AIM:

Email:

AL Team of Choice:

NL Team of Choice:

Thanks and I look forward to the responses!

We are still ironing out the rules, but here are a few that we have down so far.

1.) Each player controls two teams (1 AL/ 1 NL)

2.) If a player selects a great AL team, they will get a bad NL team and visa versa

3.) Failure to play a game results in the forfeit of the next game

4.) The season is 20 games long with playoffs

5.) Each game will be played with:

[align=center]Hitter's Eye: OFF

Pitch Cursor: OFF

Strike Zone: OFF

Hot/Cold Zone: OFF[/align]

Interesting, I'm not sure I can play IP to IP due to some stupid firewall or something.

I downloaded and installed that program, but before I dedicate myself to this league I'd like to try a practice game with it

A) To see if it works

B) To see if it works well enough to play

Interesting, I'm not sure I can play IP to IP due to some stupid firewall or something.

I downloaded and installed that program, but before I dedicate myself to this league I'd like to try a practice game with it

A) To see if it works

This goes for you and anyone...I will help you set everything up so it will work if you want into the league. I will also play you to see if your set up works.

A) To see if it works

Did you test this out with XCRunner?

If so, how was it?

If not, lets play sometime today to try it out....

Somemore rules are:

1.) We think suicide squeezes are kinda lame with less than 2 outs since its almost a guaranteed run...

With two outs, have at it...

2.) No hitting and running everytime there is a man on. Pick your spots.

3.) Try and stay around the strike zone. It doesn't have to be down the middle all the time but high at the eyes or low in the dirt numerous times gets annoying. We want a fun league.

4.) If you charge the mound, that player can't play in the next two games.

5.) If a guy gets injured he misses two games.

Anything else you guys would like to see?

1.) We think suicide squeezes are kinda lame with less than 2 outs since its almost a guaranteed run...

3.) Try and stay around the strike zone. It doesn't have to be down the middle all the time but high at the eyes or low in the dirt numerous times gets annoying. We want a fun league.

Wasn't this the "League of Elite"?

I'm interested, I have expirence with IP to IP leagues. I know exactly what it takes for fair play.

How many games will be required per week? With 20-30 game seasons I would think 1-3 games per week would be plenty.

I've never played with the pitch cursor completely off. yikes.

AL Team of Choice: Rangers

NL Team of Choice: Dodgers

I'll need to signup for an AIM, I have MSN.

Thanks,

Tx

Archived