Team & Player Chants

Hory

I think I've figured out how to change and re-assign player & team chants

Not particularly revolutionary, but it should be a nice addition for MVP 94 & other total conversion mods

To change a team chant open chanthdr.big with a hex editor

Near the beginning is the list of team chants

92 60 01 00 is Anaheim

92 60 1E 00 is Philadelphia

So if you wanted to have "Let's go angels" be chanted when the Phillies are playing (I don't know why you'd want to, but just for example)

You'd change "01 00" to "1E 00" (Phillies being team #30 30=001E in hex)

If I can figure out how to add chants (rather than just replace), For something like Total Classics, this could mean team chants for many of the 90 teams in the 'minor league' levels

In the case of MVP 94, this means the Expos will get a chant replacing the Diamondbacks (Washington have no team chant at all in MVP 05, the expos chant is taken from MVP 04)

Extracting and Importing sound files in chantdat.big is done using "extractor"

Player Chants are listed in chanthdr.big starting with 90 60 04 00 (Bobby Abreu) up to 90 60 74 08 (Billy Williams)

So to give Abreu's "Let's go bobby" change to Bobby Bonilla change "04 00" to "5E 00"

In MVP 94, by replacing chants with extractor I am adding the "Let's go Barry" chant for Bonds & Larkin from MVP 03 (replacing player chants for guys like Ichiro that aren't in MVP 94)

So far I can only replace a chant with an already existing chant, perhaps there are chants from other EA games that could be used, I'll have a look into FIFA 06/07 to see if there's anything that could be used (like Jose)

So maybe an updated chant file could be included in MVP 07 to give some of the newer players some chants.

Here is a list of current player chants already in-game that we have to work with (listed by the name that is chanted)

bobby

garret

bagwell

carlos beltran

berkman

boone

boone

cruz

carlos

drew

edmonds

rafael

giles

junior

vladdy

helton

torii

derek jeter

andruw

chipper

carlos

derrek

Doo (lo Duca)

javy

lowell

edgar

trot

magglio

manny

A-Rod

pudge

rolen

reggie

gary

gary

sweeney

??? (Tejada)

hurt

thome

vernon

preston

aubrey

albert

ichiro

giles

louie

richie

yogi

lou

carew

reggie

kaline

harmon

willie

morgan

pee wee

willie

billy

barry (from MVP 03)

larry (a taunt, so not a strictly a chant)

Yea, there's a few other chants at the start of the file

"Beat the Backs" "Beat LA" "MVP" "Over-rated" "Larry" & the Braves tomahawk chant.

I haven't figured out how to re-assign those yet.

As for Barry Bonds his chant was removed in MVP 04 when he was replaced with "Jon Dowd"

How about 'Lets Go Yankees' in Fenway Park. rofl

Or Oriole Park if you want to be realistic... :depress:

Nice find Hory, I didn't know Tejada had a chant... My guess it would be Miggy. Too bad they can't put the O-R-I-O-L-E-S chant in there, or the bugle. That's one thing that was great about the HH series.

Thanks, Is there a way to put his in?

Yes, that what this topic is about :)

I've added his chant into MVP 94, There's no reason it couldn't also be done for MVP 07 at some point

Nice find Hory, I didn't know Tejada had a chant... My guess it would be Miggy. Too bad they can't put the O-R-I-O-L-E-S chant in there, or the bugle. That's one thing that was great about the HH series.

I can't for the life of me figure out what the Tejada chant is meant to be,

it sounds like "thump-thump-thump thump thump thump Raaah!"

But now that you mention it, High Heat actually might be a good source for some other chants, I'll try and find my copy of it, and see if there's anything that might be of use.

I think I've figured out how to change and re-assign player & team chants

Not particularly revolutionary, but it should be a nice addition for MVP 94 & other total conversion mods

To change a team chant open chanthdr.big with a hex editor

Near the beginning is the list of team chants

92 60 01 00 is Anaheim

92 60 1E 00 is Philadelphia

So if you wanted to have "Let's go angels" be chanted when the Phillies are playing (I don't know why you'd want to, but just for example)

You'd change "01 00" to "1E 00" (Phillies being team #30 30=001E in hex)

If I can figure out how to add chants (rather than just replace), For something like Total Classics, this could mean team chants for many of the 90 teams in the 'minor league' levels

In the case of MVP 94, this means the Expos will get a chant replacing the Diamondbacks (Washington have no team chant at all in MVP 05, the expos chant is taken from MVP 04)

Extracting and Importing sound files in chantdat.big is done using "extractor"

Player Chants are listed in chanthdr.big starting with 90 60 04 00 (Bobby Abreu) up to 90 60 74 08 (Billy Williams)

So to give Abreu's "Let's go bobby" change to Bobby Bonilla change "04 00" to "5E 00"

In MVP 94, by replacing chants with extractor I am adding the "Let's go Barry" chant for Bonds & Larkin from MVP 03 (replacing player chants for guys like Ichiro that aren't in MVP 94)

So far I can only replace a chant with an already existing chant, perhaps there are chants from other EA games that could be used, I'll have a look into FIFA 06/07 to see if there's anything that could be used (like Jose)

So maybe an updated chant file could be included in MVP 07 to give some of the newer players some chants.

Here is a list of current player chants already in-game that we have to work with (listed by the name that is chanted)

bobby

garret

bagwell

carlos beltran

berkman

boone

boone

cruz

carlos

drew

edmonds

rafael

giles

junior

vladdy

helton

torii

derek jeter

andruw

chipper

carlos

derrek

Doo (lo Duca)

javy

lowell

edgar

trot

magglio

manny

A-Rod

pudge

rolen

reggie

gary

gary

sweeney

??? (Tejada)

hurt

thome

vernon

preston

aubrey

albert

ichiro

giles

louie

richie

yogi

lou

carew

reggie

kaline

harmon

willie

morgan

pee wee

willie

billy

barry (from MVP 03)

larry (a taunt, so not a strictly a chant)

I'm not a hex editor so some of the stuff mentioned above, which is important, I can not do. As a matter of fact, a lot of people don't know hex editing and thus can not do this great stuff you're talking about.

I think it is great you've found out how to reassign these. THAT is great news, and I'm assuming with tywiggins importer exporter, we may be able to assign chants to rookies we draft someday in the future, or maybe to players in our minor leagues when we call them up or something like that.

I'd like to hear discussions going that way even though I know you're first priority is for the 1994 mod.

You've mentioned the extractor and I've tried that program. There isn't a read me file that walks the user through importation from what I remember. So that program is hit or miss. It would cause grey hair just figuring out.

You said "perhaps there are chants from other EA games that could be used". I'm thinking "Hello! I've made some myself that weren't used for the 06 mod. I've made new ones for a list of players (Jeter, Andruw, Bagwell, Chipper, and even for the heckle "LAAAAAAAA-RYYYYYYYY". I could swear that I've sent some to you or krawhitham or both. :stick: :whistle: :yernuts: :smile: :hand: :?: :smile:

Had to insert those emoticons. I may still have an endless supply of crap on my PC that I'm waiting to delete that relate to chants, heckles, and crowd ambiences in which I'd love to rid myself of once and for all and would love for them to be in the game, hex edited, perfected and the users to be wowed (for the sake of their enjoyment, not my big head). Just FYI.

There's no way to make people jeer "LAAAAA RYYYYYY" at every stadium, is there?

How do you determine a players ID

I think it is great you've found out how to reassign these. THAT is great news, and I'm assuming with tywiggins importer exporter, we may be able to assign chants to rookies we draft someday in the future, or maybe to players in our minor leagues when we call them up or something like that.

Yes, that's possible, as long as the player has a portrait id it should be possible to assign them a chant

You've mentioned the extractor and I've tried that program. There isn't a read me file that walks the user through importation from what I remember.

Extractor isn't the most user friendly program but I have it figured out now, it also integrates itself into Windows Explorer which causes explorer to crash when selecting a large number of files, which then requires a registry edit to fix, so not a program I would recommend as such, but it can reposition audio files within a .big file so it is very useful.

You said "perhaps there are chants from other EA games that could be used". I'm thinking "Hello! I've made some myself that weren't used for the 06 mod. I've made new ones for a list of players (Jeter, Andruw, Bagwell, Chipper, and even for the heckle "LAAAAAAAA-RYYYYYYYY". I could swear that I've sent some to you or krawhitham or both. :stick: :whistle: :yernuts: :smile: :hand: :?: :smile:

Ye4a, I was really meaning 'new' chants for other players that don't already have one, like a 'Jose' chant for Reyes which has been requested dozens of times

There's no way to make people jeer "LAAAAA RYYYYYY" at every stadium, is there?

That might be possible, if I can figure out it's section of the chanthdr file

Thanks for the info and clearing up what you meant re: new ones.

SS, I have never heard chants for those guys in my explorations of the chant files so that is why I felt that way. I may have missed them though. Plus I'm not the brightest one.

damn, I just figured out how to make team audio files without extractor, not I have to learn this

damn you hory

you mean extract and import or make audio files.

anyway, the more you two learn the more I'm going to try www.krawhory.com and see if it redirects me to this site.

I've never played High Heat, so I don't know if they have the Royals' correct chant or not. In MVP, it's wrong. They have "Let's go Royals, let's go", where it should be "Let's go Royals (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)". Is that something that would be fixable, or would it require creating a new soundfile?

And as for complete accuracy, there would need to be a "BOOOO!" whenever Berroa comes up to bat :D

damn, I just figured out how to make team audio files without extractor, not I have to learn this

damn you hory

Team audio without extractor?

extractor's the only program I know of that lets you adjust the offsets, otherwise if you use wumchan or the nhl 05 importer you have to shorten and compress the individual audio files down enough so they fit in an existing 'slot' within the team audio .dat file.

I've never played High Heat, so I don't know if they have the Royals' correct chant or not. In MVP, it's wrong. They have "Let's go Royals, let's go", where it should be "Let's go Royals (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)". Is that something that would be fixable, or would it require creating a new soundfile?

And as for complete accuracy, there would need to be a "BOOOO!" whenever Berroa comes up to bat :D

It would be possible to create a new chant for the Royals, especially if there is another team already in the gamewith the "(clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)" chant, they could be grafted together fairly easily

and making a "BOOOO!" chant for Berroa would be pretty simple to do too, I was actually thinking of replacing A-Rod's chant with that to have a realistic Yankee Stadium effect.

Team audio without extractor?

extractor's the only program I know of that lets you adjust the offsets, otherwise if you use wumchan or the nhl 05 importer you have to shorten and compress the individual audio files down enough so they fit in an existing 'slot' within the team audio .dat file.

It would be possible to create a new chant for the Royals, especially if there is another team already in the gamewith the "(clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)" chant, they could be grafted together fairly easily

and making a "BOOOO!" chant for Berroa would be pretty simple to do too, I was actually thinking of replacing A-Rod's chant with that to have a realistic Yankee Stadium effect.

Royals, should be doable, as I've made some that were clap and boom boom, boom boom boom altogether.

I use SX and a hex editor

add "00"s to each audio file (at EOF) to make it a multiple of 256

copy /b *.dat newaudiofile.dat

put the header at the end of the main audio file (add "00" to the front of it to make it 256 bytes)

space (whatever is needed to = 256) & "48 72 49 6e" & HDR & "48 72 53 7a 00 00 00 54"

You also need to hex edit the offsets in the header, and file size

94a4 header

0f00* team ID

0210* # of announcements ( 02 always the same 10 = # of announcements in HEX)

0000 place holder

df01* file size (Convert to little endian, multiply by 256, add 256 = file size)

0000 place holder

0000 offset 1st audio file aways 0000*

Each audio announcement contains two value sets, 1st offset(above) 2nd type *

0700 Unknown but always the same

0000 Unknown but always the same

BFAF Unknown but always the same

0000 Unknown but always the same

Lines with * is stuff you have to edit, I'm been playing with a program that will make the hdr for you based on audio files. But I'm a couple days away from a release

Ah, so pretty much the same principle as creating player pbp, etc. announcements. That's great news, and if you were able to do that, it would instantly be a must-download for me.

Royals, should be doable, as I've made some that were clap and boom boom, boom boom boom altogether.

Unfortunately, the Royals don't exactly command enough attendance for a boom boom, boom boom boom :lol:

Lines with * is stuff you have to edit, I'm been playing with a program that will make the hdr for you based on audio files. But I'm a couple days away from a release

Cool, looking forward to it,

I still have about 25 minor league team audios to make for MVP 94 so that might save me some time

Ah, so pretty much the same principle as creating player pbp, etc. announcements. That's great news, and if you were able to do that, it would instantly be a must-download for me.

Yea, same principle as player announcements & pbp, however unlike player pbp I haven't been able to add new chant slots yet, just replace existing ones

Archived