Players who are out for the 2008 season

SwinginSoriano

Roger Clemens is coming off of his 50 game steroid suspension on June 1st.

That IS a bit funny... BUT - it might actually make sense to put Clemens on the Yankees-DL for whatever-fake-injury for 60 days to start the season, b/c then he'd become part of the Yanks' roster at about the right time.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a judgement call I guess to put Clemens on for a certain amount of days, but all the injuries are pretty much from the beginning of May to the end of the season. That means if you want to make people miss April as well, add a month to all the injuries.

Is there a final list for injuries that were already "in effect" on opening day? The only questionable one I can think of is Chris Carpenter (STL), whom I *would* include on any set of opening-day, injury-accurate rosters (since he apparently was already hurt on opening day, even though he pitched, he hasn't made an appearance yet, and will be out 3 more months, making it a total of 4-month injury).

• 2 weeks later...

Brandon League update:

He's been getting his velocity back slowly in extended spring training and will likely will soon be assigned to one of the Jays minor league affiliates (probably by the end of next week). It could still take another month or so to get his velocity back, maybe two months so he probably won't be much use to the MLB team until maybe August or September.

You can add these guys to the Jays minor leaguers:

SP Eric Fowler

SP Billy Carnline

SS Jesus Gonzalez

I don't know what their injuries are but they haven't played a game this season and are still in extended spring training. All 3 are listed on the Dunedin roster.

LHP Eric Fowler (Jays High A) made his season debut for Dunedin tonight. I'm still not sure what his injury was but he missed 2 months.

Corrections for the guys on the list above:

TOR Blue Jays:

B.J. Ryan (TOR): Out for season (TJ Surgery)

Reed Johnson (TOR): Out until ASB (back surgery)

Greg Zaun (TOR): Out for two months (broken thumb)

B.J. Ryan (TOR): Out until ASB (forearm?) -- get rid of this

Brandon League (TOR): OUT UNTIL JULY (Lateral muscle)

Davis Romero (TOR) out for season (torn labrum)

Ryan Patterson (TOR) FIVE WEEKS(broken arm)

Eric Fowler (TOR): Two months (?)

SP Billy Carnline: Two months+ (?)

SS Jesus Gonzalez: Two months+ (?)

Chris Denorfia (CIN): Out for season (TJ surgery)

Denorfia doesn't play for them he was traded to Oakland A's

Good catch, I was just thinking about how the Reds unloaded him this morning. :lol:

I'll updated the list and add the following.

Joel Zumaya (DET): Out for season (Dislocated middle finger)

Leyland said it himself.

Archived