Balanced Schedule Request.

pgd44

But that is what the tag is for, you group the teams in a manner so that way you can arrange it for how many times each team plays another. Then with a simple if statement, you can do that.

I've already tried assigning a number to each team...I've assigned 30 numbers to 30 teams, and I've tried several methods (including yours), and they just don't work out in the end...

...you won't realize how difficult this is until you actually try it...

In the beginning, I was thinking like you were thinking, but then it just didn't work.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I've coded things very similar to this before, but I won't tell you how to do it. Look, you've got a beta coming soon, I'll shut my yap and just wait for it. Good luck with the release.

But the problem with the beta is that it'll be only either 116 games or 145 games...and I still haven't grouped the games together for 2-game or 3-game series yet. When I have time again, I'll do that.

this morning, I thought of an algorithm I could use, although I have to write it ou in code, and btw, does anybody know why my games crashes when I used my 145-game schedule? (attached in last post)

As mentioned earlier in this thread, you cannot have more the 162 games or less then 162 games, or the game will crash...

PS, Why don't you generate 145 games and write in 17 games?

As mentioned earlier in this thread, you cannot have more the 162 games or less then 162 games, or the game will crash...

PS, Why don't you generate 145 games and write in 17 games?

No, the game crashes if there is more than 162 games, not less...right?

In the download section, there's even two downloads for 100-game and 50-game schedules...

And I can't just generate 145 of the games, because I'll have to redo all of them to match the proper amount of games anyway...

...This time, I hope my newly found algorithm will work, although I'm not sure if I can code it correctly.

I won't have much time this week to work on it...I have midterms, and I need to study (and I have full days (not half-days) on mid-terms week!!!!)

Did you even look at the original or Hory's? If you did then you woulda noticed the difference in your's and his right away. It's the way the file ends.

Later, I tried adding what Hory has at the end, and it didn't change anything (btw, if I open it up in Notepad, I get commas, not boxes)

And also, the schedule doesn't crash until I get to August...and also, even though I didn't specify a game on 10/1, in the game, in 10/1, there's a game...does it have to do with the mlb162_2.dat and mlb162_3.dat files?

And BigRog, I just checked the mlb schedule...all star game is only 7/10. Teams don't play on 7/9 and 7/11

obviously you dont understand this whole schedule thing or you wouldn't have asked so many questions. Maybe you should (as i have said before) talk to Hory via pm and have him give you help seeing as he has done the past two schedule updates

Archived