Balanced Schedule Request.

pgd44

Hi all. I have a request and am not sure if it could be done. I thought I would ask the modders. How about a schedule where all mlb teams play one another in a home and away series. I once had setup such a season in High Heat 2004, and found if fun playing in all the ballparks in baseball. Is there any chance of doing this in MVP 2005?

If someone could do it, or direct me to a solition it would be greatly appreciated.

Just an idea....

Thanks for all you have done to keep MVP alive !!!!

PGD44

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could change the schedule your self.

Things you would need:

EA Graph (extract files from schedule.big)

some sort of a compress utility - I think there are some in the download section

Steps

Open EA Graph and open up schedule.big

Click once on mlb162_1.dat, go to file, then extract.

When it asks if you want to decompress it, say yes

All you would then have to do is right click on the file that you just extracted and open it using notepad.

Make the necessary changes that you need and save it.

Compress the file using one of the software in downloads section. Then open up EA Graph then open the schedule.big file.

Go to Tools -> import wizard -> hit next -> click add and add the file that you just modified. Thats it you are done.

Since I haven't done this, I am not sure as to what three different mlb_162 files mean. I think they correspond to a particular year in your dynasty. Maybe some else can shed some light on this.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention. Make sure you back the files BEFORE you start to edit them. IF for some reason something goes wrong you can always revert back to something that was working for you.

Thanks for the info. I will take a shot at it and post a schedule if I have any luck with creating one. If anyone else tries this and has success please feel free to share your methods. Hopefully, this won't be a difficult project.

Thank You for your directions,

PGD44

Hi all. I have a request and am not sure if it could be done. I thought I would ask the modders. How about a schedule where all mlb teams play one another in a home and away series. I once had setup such a season in High Heat 2004, and found if fun playing in all the ballparks in baseball. Is there any chance of doing this in MVP 2005?

If someone could do it, or direct me to a solition it would be greatly appreciated.

Just an idea....

Thanks for all you have done to keep MVP alive !!!!

PGD44

Wait...the schedules right know don't have all the teams playing at every single ballpark?

well, if you divide it up, any team could have 5 games with each of the other 29, and that would make up 145 games, leaving 17 games.

So you could do a schedule of 3 home & 3 away games vs 17 teams and do 3 home & 2 away (or 2 home & 3 away) vs the remaining 12 other teams. At least I think.

You would just need to group the teams for their 2 3-game series.

Another consideration would be to play 2 home and 2 away versus all teams in the other league. Then weight a bit heavier for your league, then a little heavier for your divison. For example: you are the Royals, american League Central.

2 home and 2 away vs each NL team, total - 64 games (16 NL teams)

3 home and 3 away games, vs each AL East and each AL west team, 5 teams in east, 4 teams in west, total 9 team x 3 home, and 3 away = 54 games. Combined with 64 in NL, total stands at 118 games. 162 game sched. minus the 118=44 games reamaining to divide between the 4 remaining teams in the AL central, for 11 games versus each. Play 2 teams 5 games at home and 4 games away, play the other 2 teams 4 games at home, and 5 games away.

Of course, since there is a weird divison between AL and NL, 14 teams as opposed to 16 teams, it will be difficult to get this kind of a sked worked out all the way around. However, could it be done, I think this would be a terriffically fun sked.

What I was doing for my schedule was kind of the same. From June 3, 2005 till the All-star break. There will be one game series with each AL and NL team like the Red Sox would play the NL teams once on the road and once at hom during the time period. All other games would be vs AL. I also added interleague weekends. Two weekends during June would be for rivals. The rivals would face eachother a total of 6 time during the year. The only thing I am figuring out is making sure every teams schedule has the same number of games and making sure every plays eachother in the division the same number of times.

Hi,

I started messing with it, but it seems to be a really time consuming project manually editing the schedule. Is it possible to make a balanced schedule generator? That would be fantastic if you could do it. Going through game by game doesn't seem to be the answer.

Thanks,

PGD44

I think I'll take on this mod...although I still haven't decided how I will split the games...and I don't know much about the MLB schedule...so I don't know how much rest time (in days) teams usually have...and all that stuff...

So if anybody could provide some information, as well as information on how to split up the 162 games per team, I would appreciate it.

For example,

1. How many days rest does a team usually get? (Like how do I space out the games?)

2. How would I know what playing times to put? (Just randomly generate?)

Another consideration would be to play 2 home and 2 away versus all teams in the other league. Then weight a bit heavier for your league, then a little heavier for your divison. For example: you are the Royals, american League Central.

2 home and 2 away vs each NL team, total - 64 games (16 NL teams)

3 home and 3 away games, vs each AL East and each AL west team, 5 teams in east, 4 teams in west, total 9 team x 3 home, and 3 away = 54 games. Combined with 64 in NL, total stands at 118 games. 162 game sched. minus the 118=44 games reamaining to divide between the 4 remaining teams in the AL central, for 11 games versus each. Play 2 teams 5 games at home and 4 games away, play the other 2 teams 4 games at home, and 5 games away.

Of course, since there is a weird divison between AL and NL, 14 teams as opposed to 16 teams, it will be difficult to get this kind of a sked worked out all the way around. However, could it be done, I think this would be a terriffically fun sked.

This seems like a good idea. Can a schedule generator be created to do something like this?

Thanks,

PGD44

This seems like a good idea. Can a schedule generator be created to do something like this?

Thanks,

PGD44

I'll work on it, but...

Could anybody provide some information, as well as information on how to split up the 162 games per team? I would appreciate it.

For example,

1. How many days rest does a team usually get? (Like how do I space out the games?)

2. How would I know what playing times (like 7:30 pm, or 1:30 pm...or would u not care about it...like should i just make every single game at 7:30 or something?) to put? (Or randomly select from several times? (Like randomly select from 7:30, 1:30, 8:30?

But home games have to have an away team too...so are you saying that they all play at 7:05?

Would anybody mind if I made all the games at 7:05? Or would you like some variation?

Maybe play all games @ 7:05pm, then have afternoon games on weekends. Teams seem to have a couple of off days per month, at least that is what I remember from my last season of MVP.

PGD44

you should do 7:05 for most games... then on sundays at 1:05 w/ a few saturdays in there too

i know in philly... they have the "business person special" where they have a weekday game at 1:05 during the week and i think they do it once or twice a month normally on tuesday or thursday

good luck w/ the generator... looking forward to it

you should do 7:05 for most games... then on sundays at 1:05 w/ a few saturdays in there too

i know in philly... they have the "business person special" where they have a weekday game at 1:05 during the week and i think they do it once or twice a month normally on tuesday or thursday

good luck w/ the generator... looking forward to it

Don't get too excited...

I'm still not sure where my ability to program will take me yet...I'm definitely not as good as Ty or kraw, or ppl like them.

Archived