The Official Super Bowl XLI Thread

ChicagoCubs720

Who's Your Pick?  

32 members have voted

1. 1.

• Bears
    • Colts

countdown-sb.gif

I'll admit, I was a little scared about the Saints, but I am very confident about the Bears chances against the Colts. Peyton Manning is one of the smartest QBs in the league, but put pressure on him, and it will be a long day for the Colts. He's not a very good scrambler and the Bear's D should swallow him up. On the other side of the ball, Rex Grossman has shown the ability to step it up in the playoffs, and the below-average Colts D should help him out immensely.

What do you think?

I like the Colts and here's why.

1. Bob Sanders completely changes the way the Colts' D plays. He is their Urlacher.

2. I'll take Peyton all day against the Bears' pass D.

3. It's only a matter of time before Rex Grossman plays like the terrible QB he is. At one point in the season he had more turnovers by himself than like 7 other teams.

4. Adam Vinatieri

Peyton hasn't been playing all that well, so the Bears might come up with a couple interceptions in the game. Indy proved that they were a terrible run defense during the regular season, but have done a total 180 when it comes to stopping the run in the playoffs.

I think it'll be close, but Peyton will win the big one, 24-21.

Colts by 10 or more, easily. Peyton Manning could sleep walk through this game and win it by a mile.

Everyone is going crazy about the Bears Defense....are you serious?

Did anyone else but me see Peyton's clutch throw to Fletcher where he had to avoid 2 defenders in the pocket and throw it on the money to him with just over 2 minutes left in the game? To say he can't scramble and throw is ridiculous. He did it against the Chiefs, he did is against the Ravens, he did it against the Patriots, and he will do it against the Bears.

The Bears defense has played like crap the last 5 or 6 weeks. Granted they manhandled the Saints, but the weather played a HUGE factore in that game. You can't tell me it didn't.

The Bears will be forced to pass it at some point during the game. Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson have played great as of late, but the Saints showed you what happens when you take away the run game and make Grossman throw the ball. They came back and almost took the lead on them, and if they had a corner worth anything they would have not allowed the TD on that drive where they picked on Fred Thomas.

The Colts offense is just way too good to be shut down by the Bears.

Remember 2 weeks ago against the Ravens? They handled that defense (which is better than Chicago's) and granted they didn't score a TD they managed 5 field goals.

They also stopped the Ravens offense (which is better than Chicago's) and only allowed 6 points to them.

The Bears will be lucky if the game isn't out of hand by halftime.

Do you seriously think that the Peyton Manning is going to allow his team to be denied after he waited soooooooooo long to get here?

My prediction: Colts 35, Bears 6

charmingbearssign.jpg

I hate both teams. On the one hand, in four years of living there, I literally never once met a person who was pleasant or outgoing. On the other, I think Indiana is the worst place I've ever been in my life.

There is no winner here.

I hope the Colts win because after all the criticism Peyton has faced i think he deserves it more.

No team deserves it more than the other team.

My pick is daaaaaaaaaaaaaa Colts, 30-17. I don't think Peyton's gonna come this far just to be let down.

Are you kidding me? That sign is WILDLY innapropriate.

co-signed.....

it's tasteless, and classless.

why don't we just make fun of september 11th as well huh? why didn't people just hang up signs in detroit saying "Tigers, finishing what osama started" when they played the Yankees?

maybe that's not the best example, but either way it's classless.

co-signed.....

it's tasteless, and classless.

why don't we just make fun of september 11th as well huh? why didn't people just hang up signs in detroit saying "Tigers, finishing what osama started" when they played the Yankees?

maybe that's not the best example, but either way it's classless.

oh christ - comparing katrina to 9/11? come on - not even the same ballpark. not even the same goddamn sport. if you think i'm an ***, say that - but don't compare terrorists killing thousands to people building houses in a bowl next the the ocean, then having to run away when the bowl fills up.

no, it's kind of the same.

you're saying it's ok to make fun of a tragedy that happened that affected tons of people. 9/11 did the same. It was a tragedy that affects tons of people.

but to hit a little closer to home for you...

how about:

(Insert team name here), cleaning up what Hurricane Andrew left behind....

Or

(Instert team name here), cleaning up what that big *** earthquake in '89 left behind

either way, it's still classless to make fun of something like that. You obviously weren't affected even 1 bit by Katrina or you wouldn't see the humor in it.

Let's not hijack this thread guys.

I'm not going to jinx by saying the colts have it in the bag, but there are several factors that the Colts can take advantage of to win this game.

1. Whys is the Bears defense so good? ...Because they execute the Cover 2 to perfection.

Who invented the cover 2? ...None other than Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy. He knows the weaknesses of the defensive system and you can guarantee he is going to capitalize on it.

2. Joseph Addai and Dominic Rhodes.

They way to beat the bears defense is moving the chains 4-5 yards at a time. With the Colts keeping their backs fresh, you will see many first downs being made on 2nd and 3rd down.

3. Peyton Manning

Easily the best QB of his generation. If he can get a couple rings in his career he is a first-ballot hall-of-famer if not already and he will go down as the greatest quarterback to play the game. If he can make some quick passes in the flats and execute some good pass plays to the TE, watch the Colts move the ball upfield drive after drive

4. Bob Sanders

He is, like someone said earlier, the Brian Urlacher of the Colts, granted he is definately not as good as Urlacher, he isn't even the best player on the Colts defense, but he is a team leader, and inspires work ethic in his players. Look how he turned around the Colts defense in the post-season.

5. South Florida

With the game being played in a warm climate, the Colts definately have the advantage. Although, if rain/humidity prevails, things just might get out of hand.

By know means do the Colts have this in the bag, but with some key decisions they do have the advantage.

i have two different families of relatives that were displaced for 3 and 8 months respectively after katrina - sure, it took them awhile to get over the shock; but we trade jabs all the time, one of which is me telling them they are retarded for living in a bowl by the ocean. if they haven't told me to go F myself yet, then i have no remorse about thinking that sign is funny.

apparently, we just have different philosophies and senses of humor. no one is "right" - we can just end it there.

EDIT:

i'm with fred - this thread isn't the place for any of this. i should have kept it to myself.

i have two different families of relatives that were displaced for 3 and 8 months respectively after katrina - sure, it took them awhile to get over the shock; but we trade jabs all the time, one of which is me telling them they are retarded for living in a bowl by the ocean. if they haven't told me to go F myself yet, then i have no remorse about thinking that sign is funny.

apparently, we just have different philosophies and senses of humor. no one is "right" - we can just end it there.

EDIT:

i'm with fred - this thread isn't the place for any of this. i should have kept it to myself.

good idea, we'll agree to disagree....

oh christ - comparing katrina to 9/11? come on - not even the same ballpark. not even the same goddamn sport. if you think i'm an ****, say that - but don't compare terrorists killing thousands to people building houses in a bowl next the the ocean, then having to run away when the bowl fills up.

So you're blaming the victims of Katrina? That's low, even for someone on this site. Unbelievable.

All of the elderly who couldn't leave deserved it? What about those on dialysis?

And 1800+ died in Katrina, but apparently that doesn't classify as a disaster because it didn't cross 3,000. Do you think 9/11 was more important than the Tsunamis in Southeast Asia?

I see more and more unbelievable things posted here every day. Astonishing.

So you're blaming the victims of Katrina? That's low, even for someone on this site. Unbelievable.

All of the elderly who couldn't leave deserved it? What about those on dialysis?

And 1800+ died in Katrina, but apparently that doesn't classify as a disaster because it didn't cross 3,000. Do you think 9/11 was more important than the Tsunamis in Southeast Asia?

I see more and more unbelievable things posted here every day. Astonishing.

you're jumping on me? you're the dumbshit that posted the picture - more than likely just to start a debate since you have such a hard on for them.

Archived