Source Code for MVP baseball

UncleMo

I wonder if I led a campaign to raise the $ to get a deal worked out where I bought the source code from EA, I wonder, what we could actually do with the game.

I wonder if they'd even sell it.

If we had the source code, what could we do differently?

for about 50 million maybe

they were offered 5 million for M.U.L.E (a 23 year old game) source code a few years ago and said no way in hell

Thanks. Didn't know that.

Some of the answers above are really surprising. Shows they don't know what they are talking about. Plus the spam-I was expecting that.

for about 50 million maybe

they were offered 5 million for M.U.L.E (a 23 year old game) source code a few years ago and said no way in hell

W.T.F???

That was one of the greatest games of all time, but $5 million??

It was only an 8-bit game anyway....

Dr Jones at OS, maybe?

Good luck, I PMed the guy a year ago and have yet to hear back from him. I think he's still under the NDA, meaning EA can make his life a living hell if he leaked the code.

Ah he's actually working for another company and any more info he would disclose would be a conflict of interest.

http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulleti...88&postcount=12

Here's the problem: MLB. Without any rights to use players likeness, team names and logos, stadiums and etc..even if MVPMods never saw a red cent for the game or any of the add-ons, MLB would try to lock us up in litigation for long enough to bleed whatever money any of us had ran out.

Best bet is for someone to crack something like the code for new animations or something like that and then go from there. Of course, that'll never happen...but it seems more likely than this.

Good idea though, Mo.

Archived