Tiger Stadium

Pirate

Here is a Tiger I di real quick that can be used in the 1994 mod or just for fun... I'll release it in a little bit here. It will replace Comerica but you can change the file name and have it replace the Classic Tiger Stadium.

I added the Jumbotron and all the ads... as well as a modern crowd.

tigerday.jpg

tigernite.jpg

Awesome, thanks again.

It'll be great to finally have a day and a night version in the game.

Technically this is a pre-1994 version as 1993 was the last year of cigarette advertising in major league ballparks, but I'm just being a ****. :)

Pirate - Once again, great job! Your latest work is very much appreciated by those of us who are classic gamers (and season modders). I don't know if you have plans for others, but here are some suggestions of others that would be great to have:

New ones:

Comiskey Park

Exhibition Stadium

Fulton County Stadium

Kingdome

Updates to existing classics (mainly ads):

Veteran's Stadium (ads and night version)

Metropolitan Stadium

Qualcomm Stadium (ads and day verison)

Riverfront Stadium (Cinergy Park is currently included)

Would Metropolitan be a good base for Exhibition Stadium?

Nothing is a really good base for Exhibition. You would have to massively extend it out towards center field, and remove the upper deck of the infield, and also combine the left field stands and the main grandstand, but it wouldn't be too terrible. The main pain in the *** would be making that roof, but I guess it could be done.

I recently (think) I found the work I'd done to make Mile High from a thousand years ago, so I'll load that up and see how far I got with it. Pirate, do you still have what I'd sent to you back then? That was 2 computer crashes ago for me.

You sure about the cigarette ad because I have photos from 1995 with a marlboro ad

Actually yea I'm completely wrong, the ban was only in the minor leagues from 1993. Though most major league teams stopped tobacco advertising in their ballparks around the same time. Obviously not the Tigers though :)

I'll try and get motivated in the next couple of days to start work on the Kingdome. I already have a plan drawn out on what I'm going to do:

http://mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=2288.../start=165.html

Don't let me discourage you, but coming from someone who's been there, you probably don't want to try what you're thinking about. One, any time you are pushing stands out from where they should be, it ends up being a nightmare for both the crowds and making everything line up. Two, Removing the luxury boxes below the upper deck will be a pain and a half, and probably won't be noticed by 95% of the people playing it.

Kingdome will be a decent challenge in and of itself, but you have some things working for you. One, the blind-your-eyes outfield walls are so distinctive, it will take much of the focus away from the inaccuracies. Two, everyone hates the Kingdome, so it's not like they've memorized its details like Ebbets or Fenway.

Good luck, use the side-by-side part of clem's website for some general help.

Actually, after all of my hemming and hawing about Astrodome being the best bet, I think you may be better served with the Metrodome. Clem's side-by-side utility isn't quite as useful for Kingdome, since it doesn't follow his new standard of all the home plates matching up, and center field facing upwards, but it's still useful.

If you use Metrodome, there's one big change that would be required, which would naturally bring up some other issues. Instead of dealing with moving the crowds all around in the outfield of the Astrodome, I would suggest replacing the baggie with a section of seating that stretches from the right field corner (connecting with the seating there, if possible), all the way to center to connect with the upper part of the seats there.

As you can see here: http://www.baseballpilgrimages.com/american/metrodome.jpg, you should probably connect the new seating section with the second large indentation of seats in center. This will give you the requisite height, the space beyond the left field corner, and the correct angle for everything involved. Then you just use another set of vertices as a tarp as the batter's eye, and you're golden.

Now, because of our friends at EA, there's the large drop-down baseball card curtains in the upper deck of the Metrodome, and I don't believe there's anything modeled behind them. Probably not a big deal, but it is an annoyance.

The main issue is actually having the crowd visible where the baggy used to be. I would suggest replacing alphablend.o with a crowd.o file from a stadium with crowds almost exactly in that spot, and you may be able to get them visible. Then the rest of it is just slagging through oedit, making everything fit.

If you want to get superduper perfect about everything, remove four or five sections of upper deck in left-field, and replace it with the Kingdome scoreboard. Shouldn't be too bad, just grab one of the unused aisleways of what you removed, and attach it to the now-open space behind the seating on each side. And I suppose you could also take out about 5-6 rows in left field to raise the wall height there, but no one will really notice.

Yeah, go with the Metrodome, forget everything I've said on the topic to this point.

Archived