Anyone see these "Next Gen" graphics for mlb 07 the show?

Well, 2K7 for the PS3 looks as good if not better than the 360. Saying the PS3 sucks because of a crappy game is as stupid as saying the 360 sucks because of that atrocious 2K6 on the 360 last year.

I love the MVP mods but MVP is really starting to look dated compared to the newer games on the 360 and the PS3.

Well...you don't need to be here. LOOKS and PLAYS are two entirely different concepts. Which do you prefer? It's running on a 4 year old engine so that is to be expected. If we could update the animations I am confident that the true basebaLL fan would still be playing MVP. Either way a dynasty in MVP has SO much more to offer.

Well...you don't need to be here. LOOKS and PLAYS are two entirely different concepts. Which do you prefer? It's running on a 4 year old engine so that is to be expected. If we could update the animations I am confident that the true basebaLL fan would still be playing MVP. Either way a dynasty in MVP has SO much more to offer.

Who in the hell are you, you condescending twit? 2K7 LOOKS and PLAYS just as good as MVP. I don't even know why you posted this because you agreed with me...the game does look dated. And what are you implying when you say true baseball fan? I'll be in Detroit for the Tigers' home opener and then the next night to see the Brewers and Dodgers at Miller Park. Is that true enough for you?

I think this game will play better than the 2k game. (based on history). Also, I don't think it looks bad at all. Not as highly detailed as 2k7, but again, I would sacrafice the detail in graphics for detail in capturing the game of baseball.

I think this game will play better than the 2k game. (based on history). Also, I don't think it looks bad at all. Not as highly detailed as 2k7, but again, I would sacrafice the detail in graphics for detail in capturing the game of baseball.

Agree. I played The Show on the PS2 and it played a pretty good game of baseball. The graphics in the PS3 are not bad considering this is the first year for the game on the hardware. If it's got good gameplay and a decent stat engine, it should be a solid 1st-year title.

I picked up The Show for PS2 yesterday.

Im loving the "Road To The Show" mode, especially using a pitcher. Great and different way to play. The rest of the game Im not sold on yet. Making rosters is nearly impossible.

It also sucks that you cant configure controls to your liking.

the older 2k games were far and away better than mvp, well triple play era atleast, 2k2 and 3 were outstanding, I wish I could afford a 360 or ps3 to play the new one, or atleast have them come out on pc....mvp07 is the best i've ever played so far

Sucks that 07 the show is broken, and so is 2K7, I wonder who they hire to beta test their games... :protest:

The only problem I see with the screenshots from IGN is that they compress it so much the quality is atrocious, go to Operation Sports for screenshots, as they are straight off the press. Anyway, MLB 07 on the PS3 is going to look pretty good, even if it's an HD port of MLB 07 on PS2.

Archived