MVP 1988 screenshot thread

tebjr

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

tebjr do you need any help on this project? I be glad to help any way I can.

How are you with ratings? I have soem of the minor league roster finished, I just need to go back and fix the ratings for each player.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes and no... I'm an old ball player so I can pretty much tell you who's going to be good with what and work from there. Also, isn't there a ratings generator thing that I could use? Plus, since it's something we can look back on now after the fact and see who did or didn't rise through the ranks and into the Pros we could use that to make sure our stats/predictions were correct.

I'd love to help and would gladly do so in any way that you needed. I'm also pretty good with graphics (logos, ect) but not so much with actually modding stuff in the game... rather, I could produce something you could use for a menu... I know it's totally off the subject but I made this logo that a local resturante uses and subsequently puts on all their promotional materials.

aces-logo-black.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been flipping through this Basebal Encyclopedia and started thinking back to just how awesome the 1988 season was.

First off, I was about 11-12 years old... just about the time I really got into baseball. The 1987 Topps set was one of the best in history (The rebirth of the 'woodies') and I had collected the entire thing by opening packs and trading with people!

I just can't wait to get my hands on this mod, tebjr! Think about it: 1988 was the year Canseco started the 40-40 club. McGuire hit 32 HR's in his second full season (I'm guessing this is presteroid). Darryl Strawberry was just hitting his stride and led the NL with 39HRs (Most of these guys today hit that by the All Star break). The Pittsburgh Pirate outfield was three guys named Bonds, Bonilla & Van Slyke (who's range factor in the game should be about 350... I swear that guy could call off a catcher on a pop fly behind the plate). Andres Galarraga was coming into his own in Montreal (.302, 29,92). The cubs had guys like Grace, Sandberg, Dunston, Dawson and Palmeiro. Ozzie Smith was still doing flips. Mike Schmidt was at the twilight of his carreer. San Fran had the sweet swing of Will Clark (.282, 29, 109). In Boston Wade Boggs hit .366. The Brewers had both Paul Molitor and Robin Yount. Fred McGriff hit 34 bombs for the Blue Jays. The Yankees were aweful but still had Mattingly, Randolph, Pagliarulo (Pags), Winfield, Tommy John and Dave Raghetti (Rags). Clevland boasted a pair of young sluggers in Joe Carter and Corey Snider, as well as a young Julio Franco. Baltimore had 3 future HOFers on it's roster in Ripkin, Murray and Fred Lynn and still managed to lose 107 games. Out west Oakland was busy destroying everyone while Minnesota boasted some of the best talent in the league (Hrbek, Gaettie, Puckett). Kansas City actually mattered with George Brett, Danny Tartabull and Bo Jackson in the line up and Bret Saberhagan and 20 game winner Mark Gubicza. And Texas had a couple of rising stars in Ruben Sierra and Pete Incaviglia. Plus, we had Pete Rose still playing, Mike Greenwall fooling everyone into thinking he was the next great Boston left fielder and Frank Viola winning 24 games.

I just can't wait for this mod! I mean, which team do you play with? Do you try and get the Pirates over the hump? Or do you play with the Royals and salivate at the awesome player that Bo Jackson could have become? Do you play with the Red Sox and try and keep Clemens in a Boston uniform for his entire career? The possibilities are endless!

Thank you in advance tebjr!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been flipping through this Basebal Encyclopedia and started thinking back to just how awesome the 1988 season was.

First off, I was about 11-12 years old... just about the time I really got into baseball. The 1987 Topps set was one of the best in history (The rebirth of the 'woodies') and I had collected the entire thing by opening packs and trading with people!

I just can't wait to get my hands on this mod, tebjr! Think about it: 1988 was the year Canseco started the 40-40 club. McGuire hit 32 HR's in his second full season (I'm guessing this is presteroid). Darryl Strawberry was just hitting his stride and led the NL with 39HRs (Most of these guys today hit that by the All Star break). The Pittsburgh Pirate outfield was three guys named Bonds, Bonilla & Van Slyke (who's range factor in the game should be about 350... I swear that guy could call off a catcher on a pop fly behind the plate). Andres Galarraga was coming into his own in Montreal (.302, 29,92). The cubs had guys like Grace, Sandberg, Dunston, Dawson and Palmeiro. Ozzie Smith was still doing flips. Mike Schmidt was at the twilight of his carreer. San Fran had the sweet swing of Will Clark (.282, 29, 109). In Boston Wade Boggs hit .366. The Brewers had both Paul Molitor and Robin Yount. Fred McGriff hit 34 bombs for the Blue Jays. The Yankees were aweful but still had Mattingly, Randolph, Pagliarulo (Pags), Winfield, Tommy John and Dave Raghetti (Rags). Clevland boasted a pair of young sluggers in Joe Carter and Corey Snider, as well as a young Julio Franco. Baltimore had 3 future HOFers on it's roster in Ripkin, Murray and Fred Lynn and still managed to lose 107 games. Out west Oakland was busy destroying everyone while Minnesota boasted some of the best talent in the league (Hrbek, Gaettie, Puckett). Kansas City actually mattered with George Brett, Danny Tartabull and Bo Jackson in the line up and Bret Saberhagan and 20 game winner Mark Gubicza. And Texas had a couple of rising stars in Ruben Sierra and Pete Incaviglia. Plus, we had Pete Rose still playing, Mike Greenwall fooling everyone into thinking he was the next great Boston left fielder and Frank Viola winning 24 games.

I just can't wait for this mod! I mean, which team do you play with? Do you try and get the Pirates over the hump? Or do you play with the Royals and salivate at the awesome player that Bo Jackson could have become? Do you play with the Red Sox and try and keep Clemens in a Boston uniform for his entire career? The possibilities are endless!

Thank you in advance tebjr!

Word up, I cant wait for this mod. I cant wait to strike out with Corey Snyder....LOL

Archived