JoeRudi26

Who Will Win The NL Wild Card?  

73 members have voted

1. 1.

• Houston Astros
    • Chicago Cubs
    • Philadelphia Phillies
    • New York Mets

Wow, that looks amazing. After years of playing console baseball games and then having the freedom that the PC gives you, I'm still kind of leary about committing to the console.

But son of a.. This looks awesome.

Yeah, I agree.. but that game does so much right when it comes to baseball. I went over to my friends house and played it on his HD TV and was just blown away. As with all game though, slider tweaks are required for baseball guys like us. :)

I'm afraid if I do break down and get a PS3 this summer and that game, I will lose interest in my MVP dynasty. So maybe I better hold off. :hic:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've definately got our money's worth out of MVP, but if I can get my hands on something that looks like that and is totally flexible (sliders), that would be fantastic.

I'll definately have to give it a look.

It's got a ton of sliders to mess with. As with every game, its got some flaws in its AI (what game doesn't), but nothing major that I have seen or read about from the guys over at Operation Sports.

When it comes to the stadiums, uniforms, faces, etc... Some are dead on, others the baseball purists like the guys here at MVP mods would catch in a minute, but it's nothing that is a game killer.

That is the one thing that keeps MVP on my HDD, the level of dedication that they guys here have when it comes to accurate rosters, faces, and stadiums.

But, the console baseball games are getting better and more customizable every year. I could easily see myself playing that game well into the winter. It also has a career mode where you make your own player and try to make it to the big leagues. That mode is so awesome in itself.

Here a some more links for ya:

Operation Sports: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57

IGN Review: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/856/856121p1.html

RTTS (Career Mode) and other vids: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5991.html

*Just some stuff to read/see until Opening Day. Go Cubbies. :wtg:

Chr*st, you ever thought about a sales position? Wait..are you covertly working for Operation Sports? Traveling the internet highway racking up sales trophies? :D

Just kidding, M, I think the 70 degrees and the sun got to me yesterday. But you definately make it sound appealing, and some new baseball gaming blood is more than welcome.

There's no doubt the reason I'm still playing MVP is directly linked to this site. What these guys have done, and continue to do is nothing short of incredible. Even for big companies, breathing life into something that should have been dead long ago is no easy task. I've always commended them, and I always will.

Thanks for the links, like I said, I'm so ready to 'smell the grass' it's driving me crazy. I've always got my eyes open when it comes to baseball games, so there's no doubt I'll be checking them out.

..while we're at it, and since Opening Day is less than 4 weeks away, and since I decided to take the Cubs into the 08 Season, I started putting a presentation together. I'm not sure to what extent I'll be doing things this year, I found some things left over from last year and decided to improvise.

For the lineup cards, I thought about using this format. If anyone has any suggestions at all, color scheme, information, format, whatever, feel free to give your input.

Chr*st, you ever thought about a sales position? Wait..are you covertly working for Operation Sports? Traveling the internet highway racking up sales trophies? :D

Just kidding, M, I think the 70 degrees and the sun got to me yesterday. But you definately make it sound appealing, and some new baseball gaming blood is more than welcome.

There's no doubt the reason I'm still playing MVP is directly linked to this site. What these guys have done, and continue to do is nothing short of incredible. Even for big companies, breathing life into something that should have been dead long ago is no easy task. I've always commended them, and I always will.

Thanks for the links, like I said, I'm so ready to 'smell the grass' it's driving me crazy. I've always got my eyes open when it comes to baseball games, so there's no doubt I'll be checking them out.

No salesman for me. :lmao:

It continues to amaze me as well what the MVP mods crew do every year with '05. Just think if they were able to actually crack the game and get in under the hood. Heck some of the modders here should be working for the game companies.

Like you, I turned off console games a few years back and luckily found this site. The Show however really caught my eye, even when it was on Playstation 2. It just played a good game of baseball. This year's version has really got me thinking hard about a PS3 this year (Tax Return.. where are ya.. :mrgreen: )

I just wanted to let you know where console baseball games are at right now... they have come a long way. The guys over at OS even do rosters for them now.

Man, I love talking baseball. We had nice weather here yesterday as well, really got my baseball itch going. And today... it's been raining a day long. :D

..while we're at it, and since Opening Day is less than 4 weeks away, and since I decided to take the Cubs into the 08 Season, I started putting a presentation together. I'm not sure to what extent I'll be doing things this year, I found some things left over from last year and decided to improvise.

For the lineup cards, I thought about using this format. If anyone has any suggestions at all, color scheme, information, format, whatever, feel free to give your input.

24e2hdk.jpg

Nice JR, nice. Hey where did you get those circular logos from?

Second note, do you think I could call upon your uber PS skills, and get you to make a San Fran banner for me to put on my Dynasty page? I don't know what I'm calling the dynasty yet though, maybe: "The LAB - Life After Barry... A 2008 San Francisco Dynasty". 8)

I just wanted to let you know where console baseball games are at right now... they have come a long way. The guys over at OS even do rosters for them now.

Man, I love talking baseball. We had nice weather here yesterday as well, really got my baseball itch going. And today... it's been raining a day long. :D

I appreciate it, and I can gaurentee if I find that console games have sustained some replay power, I'll be all over it. Unlike that mailman with those speedy tax returns. Like he cares, right? :| ..bastards..

But same here, beautiful yesterday, rain all day today, but I cannot imagine what those guys went through up north and out east. Wow, just wow. We had a total of about 3 inches of snow all year, a little bit of ice, and just some plain cold weather. And that's about it.

But yesterday opened that door, I saw a glimpse of baseball becoming a reality real soon. I can't wait to get rosters fine tuned and get on the "virtual" diamond. :)

Nice JR, nice. Hey where did you get those circular logos from?

Second note, do you think I could call upon your uber PS skills, and get you to make a San Fran banner for me to put on my Dynasty page? I don't know what I'm calling the dynasty yet though, maybe: "The LAB - Life After John... A 2008 San Francisco Dynasty". 8)

I've actually got those logos saved, I don't have the page, but I could zip them and mail them if you want, just need your addy.

Sure man, I could do you a banner. Give me a couple of days. :)

I've actually got those logos saved, I don't have the page, but I could zip them and mail them if you want, just need your addy.

Sure man, I could do you a banner. Give me a couple of days. :)

Cool man. Thanks on both fronts. Check your PM for my addy.

*Man, 2 weeks ago we were hit with that ice storm. We lost power here for 4 days. Trees falling everywhere, knocked down power lines, sewers backed up, etc... It was not a fun time. They are still going around picking up fallen branches and stuff.

24e2hdk.jpg

Looks great JR! Nice to see that you will defend the crown, BTW will you play spring training games?

Yeah, I can't help it, I've got to continue with this team and see how they respond this year. I feel like I have to keep 'reading the book', if you know what I mean.

Not sure about Spring Training games yet, I'll play a few exhibition games, but I doubt I post anything. I might just take the time to work up some presentations. I still haven't figured out exactly what I want to do with this year's club.

BTW, your dynasty is downright fantastic. I know I haven't posted much there, but Indiana basketball keeps me extremely busy during the winter. With Opening Day upon us, I'll be around much more often now.

**NOTE** if anyone reading this could post me a cool baseball card graphic, I'd appreciate it. I really have no idea where to start looking.

Thanks in advance

Great minds think alike JR, I'm thinking about doing some cards as well. Here's a few links:

http://www.allposters.com/-st/Baseball-Posters_c298_.htm

Topps: http://www.topps.com/product/PRDRLS.ASPX?sportsid=0&l=n

Baseball cardshop: http://baseballcardshop.net/basteamset.html

+

Thanks for all the info, Maestro. If or when you come up with a name for your dynasty, give me a shout either here or through the PM's. :)

Archived