1. 1.

• Houston Astros
    • Chicago Cubs
    • Philadelphia Phillies
    • New York Mets

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like the Cubs may run away with this thing.

I played a game with kg's new roster update last night, I was curious as to how Fukodome would perform.

He went 2-3 (2 singles) with a walk and a strikeout. Strange thing is, he has a speed rating of 5. Anyone else notice this? Am I seeing this wrong?

• 1 month later...

This is a part of a story ESPN printed on their page yesterday. Apparently, Piniella was considering putting Marquis in the pen.

Marquis had suggested he fits best as a starter -- with the Cubs or any other team -- and threatened to play elsewhere, prompting a bit of a tirade from Piniella.

"Well, if that's the case, he can go somewhere else. How's that?" Piniella said.

Ultimately they made up, but you gotta love it. Vintage Lou. :)

This is a part of a story ESPN printed on their page yesterday. Apparently, Piniella was considering putting Marquis in the pen.

Marquis had suggested he fits best as a starter -- with the Cubs or any other team -- and threatened to play elsewhere, prompting a bit of a tirade from Piniella.

"Well, if that's the case, he can go somewhere else. How's that?" Piniella said.

Ultimately they made up, but you gotta love it. Vintage Lou. :)

Yeah, I read this last night. Gotta love Sweet Lou. :lmao:

Geesh, anyone else ready for baseball yet? :D

Can't wait myself. Man, I've narrowed my dynasty teams down to 2: The ChiSox or the Giants. Which do you think would be more interesting do?

Hey JR, have you seen the PS3 version of MLB 08 The Show? Man, this game on HD is just too sweet. Here's a link to a complete game with the Cubbies at Cincy. The video does not do the graphics any JUSTICE though, but you will be able to get a full sense of the game.

http://www.vimeo.com/747654

Can't wait myself. Man, I've narrowed my dynasty teams down to 2: The ChiSox or the Giants. Which do you think would be more interesting do?

You know, M, I haven't seen too many White Sox dynasties on here, at least compared to the Giant's ones. So in that respect, I think the idea of doing a Sox dynasty would be refreshing.

On the other hand...

Life without Bonds in SF? That could be fun too.

If it was me, I'd probably do the SF dynasty.

You know, M, I haven't seen too many White Sox dynasties on here, at least compared to the Giant's ones. So in that respect, I think the idea of doing a Sox dynasty would be refreshing.

On the other hand...

Life without Dowd in SF? That could be fun too.

If it was me, I'd probably do the SF dynasty.

Yeah, I"m leaning toward the Giants. Will be a fun challenge I think. Must bring in the era of "small-ball" for sure. :D

They have good pitching though. Hey check my previous post, for a link I gave you.

Archived