• Philadelphia Phillies
    • New York Mets

Name: Zac Neal

Height: 6'3''

Weight: 220 lbs

Bat: Right

Throw: Right

Uniform Number: 44 if you're generous

Position: I hate riding the bench ;) (I'm kidding)

*Optional*: Facial hair: Matt Clement Goatee | Skin color: light | Hair color: Brown

Team: Springfield, IL (I'm a Cubs fan, but I guess I can deal with being a Redbird, and playing in the city I live 8 miles from ;) )

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just wondering if not enough ppl sign up will you just make random players

I was hoping I'd get enough people from the site, I'd rather do it that way rather than make "some" real and "some" fictonal players.

So far, it's not looking good. If I don't have enough people by the end of January, I'll probably just start a completely different dynasty by the time opening day rolls around.

hey what about if you don't get enough people for all 30 teams, u create as many fictitious teams u have enough players for and add them to MVP08?

just a thought...if that were the case, i could and would be interested in banging out some personal cyberfaces. And lastly, will the two "leagues" play with or without the DH rule?

Name: Chris Baker

Height: 5'11''

Weight: 205 lbs

Bat: Switch (much better from the right side, but can bat both)

Uniform Number: 22 or 72

Position: C

*Optional*: if we can provide a CF then i'll provide one...if not then lamb chops, and a soul patch. Brown hair

Team: Vancouver

First time poster, long-time viewer. I loved your last last dynasty, and am really looking forward to this one. Anyway, if you need another player:

Name: Eric Bonin

Height: 6'0

Weight: 150

Bats: Right

Hair Color/Facial Hair/Skin Color: Brown/None/Tan

Team: Jefferson City Copperheads

My guy's gonna suck, but whatever :smile:

First time poster, long-time viewer. I loved your last last dynasty, and am really looking forward to this one. Anyway, if you need another player:

Name: Eric Bonin

Height: 6'0

Weight: 150

Bats: Right

Hair Color/Facial Hair/Skin Color: Brown/None/Tan

Team: Jefferson City Copperheads

My guy's gonna suck, but whatever :smile:

I need all the players I can get so I can hopefully get this thing airborne. I won't penalize the low posters too bad, at least enough to stay competitive in the bigs.

Anyway, thanks a ton ebonin. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly to say, the idea of the Global Dynasty League isn't going to develop. As much as I wanted it to, I simply don't have the time to do everything exactly the way I wanted, let alone trying to get enough people on board.

I had originally started this idea about a month ago, hoping I would have enough time to get everything into place by opening day. It just won't happen.

So after realizing this, I've narrowed it down to a few ideas that would allow me the time that I would need to present a comprehensive and entertaining dynasty for the 2008 season, and get everything in place to follow the spring/summer schedule.

I won't be posting results everyday, it was a tremendous job last year just trying to keep up, but I will post enough that the dynasty can be followed seamlessly.

I've narrowed it down to these 3 choices:

1. *Closing The Bronx, The End of an Era* - A 2008 modern New York Yankees dynasty, done in the same form as my Cub's dynasty last year. Realistic rosters, schedule, stats, and so on. I haven't done a ton of research yet, but I'm assuming this will be the last year the Yankees play in their traditional stadium and the idea of representing this season came to mind.

2. *'61* - An exciting Yankee season that ended with Maris and Mantle gunning for Babe's HR record, done in a retro style black and white format. Realistic (as possible) rosters throughout the season, schedule, stats, etc.

3. *Defending Wrigley - A Dynasty Begins* - Continuing from where I left off last year with the Chicago Cubs. Updated rosters, realistic rosters, stats, etc.

As I said, the updates will more than likely be weekly or bi weekly, with games played along with the real schedule. This would give me more time present a decent storyline and presentation. Something that would have a more in depth entertainment value.

Again, I regret not being able to follow through with the Global League, there just simply isn't enough time.

If I could, I'd like to keep this thread open for a couple of more weeks, and if anyone wants to chime in on what dynasty they would like to see presented, I'll base my decision off of that and open a new thread in the Dynasty Forum. I want to get started on my presentation material by at least the end of January.

My preference would be for you to go ahead with a 2008 Yankees dynasty. Continuing your Cubs dynasty wouldn't be bad either.

I wouldn't mind you doing a classics dynasty at all but when I was playing the 67 season, and I seem to have hit a road block. I am able to control my team in regards to the minors but the computer seems to call up players from AAA/AA and it just completely messes up the rosters. You have guys like Matt Derksen (fake Hanley Ramirez) playing along side Carl Yastrzemski.

Any dynasty you choose, its one again going to re-define the way dynasties are presented on here. Good luck Jay.

My preference would be for you to go ahead with a 2008 Yankees dynasty. Continuing your Cubs dynasty wouldn't be bad either.

I wouldn't mind you doing a classics dynasty at all but when I was playing the 67 season, and I seem to have hit a road block. I am able to control my team in regards to the minors but the computer seems to call up players from AAA/AA and it just completely messes up the rosters. You have guys like Matt Derksen (fake Hanley Ramirez) playing along side Carl Yastrzemski.

Any dynasty you choose, its one again going to re-define the way dynasties are presented on here. Good luck Jay.

That's one of the problems I figured I would run in to at some point in the season. I prefer to play with realistic rosters, and trying to keep up with a classic season might prove to be impossible. I really don't know as I haven't tried yet.

I'd love to be able to, but trying to keep things realistic might be pointless.

A classic Playoffs or World Series might be more feesable.

Archived