Who Will Win The NL Wild Card?  

73 members have voted

1. 1.

• Houston Astros
    • Chicago Cubs
    • Philadelphia Phillies
    • New York Mets

[align=center][/align]

BEYOND THE IVY is actually a 2001 Documentary Film that explores the people and the neighborhood that surround one of baseball's most famous and traditional ballparks. From the Waveland Avenue rooftops to the bleachers, and to the very field that Ernie Banks and Billy Williams honed their Hall of Fame skills. I stumbled across this film one day, and decided it's meaning was one which could be interperated in more ways than one. I had been thinking about doing a Cubs Dynasty for a long time, and this name was more than fitting.

For the first time in my life, and many, MANY baseball games throughout, I've always played my seasons with the A's. Year in, and year out. But as a kid growing up in Indiana, the Cubs were always on TV in the summer, and it was always easy for me to follow them through the season.

So this year, I've decided to play a season with the Cubs. I play all my games manually, and I try to keep my rosters as accurate as possible. I make the real life trades, but obviously I can't control real life injuries, so I'm left to try and do what I can with what I have. I wouldn't have it any other way.

This Dynasty is a culmination of countless hours in Photoshop, of which I still have TONS to learn, and alot of hours simply playing the game. My main interest (other than the game itself) is creating pre and post game overlays, all of which I've made (and named) on my own, but still have the flare of an ESPN style format. So as you can imagine, when True's puts out a new overlay, I'm probably the first one downloading it.

I had originally planned to start this dynasty on Opening Day, but somehow I managed to get ahead of schedule, so I decided to go ahead and start posting.

So here it is, I hope you have as much fun following it as I have had creating it.

[align=center]Difficulty - All-Star

Fielding - Manual

Batting View - 5 Other Angle

Fielding View - True's Ariel 5

Strikezone - Off

Hot/Cold Zones - Off

Pitch Cursor - On

Hitters Eye - Off

Rosters - UR8.1 Standard

Sliders - Pared's, Hoops27, Mine

Datafile - Trues, Mine

Unis - KC's Total MLB Uniform Pack v1.17

Stadiums - Big O, Pirate, Others

Overlays and Field Graphics - Trues

Spungo's Gloves

raindelay7's Universal Grass Changer

Cyberfaces - Jogar and Others

*Thanks to all, and to all I missed*[/align]

[align=center]*2007 Chicago Cub 25 Man Roster[/align]

[align=center]Starting Rotation[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Starters[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Long Relief[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Middle Relief[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Set Up[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Closer[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Catchers[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Infielders[/align]

[align=center]

[/align]

[align=center]Outfielders[/align]

[align=center][/align]

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lou Piniella - After pitching lights out during spring training, and the fact that he's healthy for now, there was no doubt in my mind Kerry (Wood) earned his spot in the rotation. With him and Mark both healthy, we're actually in pretty good shape to start the season.

We're expecting to rotate Cliff (Floyd) and Alfonso out in left, with Felix getting some time in the outfield too, and we'll definately be keeping our eye on Pagan if we can't get things panned out. It's hard to keep a bat like his (Floyd) out of the lineup.

After spring training I think we've made the right decisions, but we won't hesitate to bring some guys up if we're not getting the job done.

[align=center]Game 1 Results

[/align]

[align=center]Cubs Batting[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Cubs Pitching[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Reds Batting[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Reds Pitching[/align]

[align=center][/align]

This is truly amazing man. There is no limit to what you can do with Photoshop huh? Unbeliable. The highlight board is truly amazing. My god this is amazing.

Oh and by the way, I think I will be following this dynasty.

Thanks for all the comments (and compliments) guys. Like I said, this has been a 'work in progress' for a few months now, and I'm already about a month ahead of schedule, so hopefully this helps me to sustain the Dynasty throughout the season.

I'm almost to May in my schedule, and it's starting to get pretty interesting with Sweet Lou at the helm.

Thanks again, and hopefully you all will enjoy it.

You were not joking when you said you have really been working on a new design/layout for a dynasty for sometime. This is just unbelievably great.

JR, if you have some more ideas that you are NOT going to be using for your dynasty could you maybe provide me with that info :smile: . Whatever ideas I have now doesn't even compare to what you have done with this.

I gotta tell you, you have pretty much turned the dynasty forums into a one man show :cool: . Great job man . Keep these pre-game/post-game reports coming. They are wonderful.

wow all this in photoshop?

All in Photoshop, but like I said, I'm nowhere near where I want to be. I see room for tons of improvement.

The statistical part of the game (to me) is the most important, and definately the most difficult when planning multiple layouts that are to coincide with it's respective game.

*time of game

*date

*accurate stats, and so on

I haven't been able to get the SavReader going yet, but again I've not had alot of time to mess with it.

When I do, I'll incorporate it into the Dynasty.

You were not joking when you said you have really been working on a new design/layout for a dynasty for sometime. This is just unbelievably great.

JR, if you have some more ideas that you are NOT going to be using for your dynasty could you maybe provide me with that info :smile: . Whatever ideas I have now doesn't even compare to what you have done with this.

I gotta tell you, you have pretty much turned the dynasty forums into a one man show :cool: . Great job man . Keep these pre-game/post-game reports coming. They are wonderful.

I'm seriously not trying to 'outdo' anyone, or turn this into a one man show redsox. When I was a kid, (and before baseball video games) I would spends hours upon hours with colored pencils, pretty much doing the same thing I do now. It's the game of baseball that inspires me, not necessarily all the artwork. Although the more I learn, the more fun I have with it.

And by any means if you can take some of my ideas and incorporate them into your own, feel free to do so. Your Dynasty is rolling along, please keep it going.

I'm still following.

I'm seriously not trying to 'outdo' anyone, or turn this into a one man show redsox. When I was a kid, (and before baseball video games) I would spends hours upon hours with colored pencils, pretty much doing the same thing I do now. It's the game of baseball that inspires me, not necessarily all the artwork. Although the more I learn, the more fun I have with it.

And by any means if you can take some of my ideas and incorporate them into your own, feel free to do so. Your Dynasty is rolling along, please keep it going.

I'm still following.

JR, I am sorry about the comment I made. I just meant for it be a joke and nothing more :smile: . I just wanted to express how great this dynasty looks that all. Once again, great job. Take care.

JR, I am sorry about the comment I made. I just meant for it be a joke and nothing more :smile: . I just wanted to express how great this dynasty looks that all. Once again, great job. Take care.

No need to apolgize, redsox. I didn't take it that way. I just wanted everyone to know that I enjoy reading the other Dynasties too.

Always have.

Archived