1. 1.

• Houston Astros
    • Chicago Cubs
    • Philadelphia Phillies
    • New York Mets

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the new Highlight/Quickline combo board.

Hey thanks, Maestro23. I actually thought about putting the QuikLine board on the top. I'm still not sure, but I think it might look better like that.

Soon, hopefully the boards will be combined in 2's or 3's, making for a quicker and easier presentation.

I gotta get stat boards worked in now.

that lineup card is freakin awesome.

and i like the combined highlight board and quikline.

Thanks kjb23. The lineup card turned out a little better than I expected. Kind of plain, but it serves it's actual purpose. I'm slowly getting a 'system' with the boards, they'll progress eventually.

Thanks for the comments guys. Always appreciated.

Ouch, tough loss, JR. Defeats in extra innings hurt the most.

btw, it seems like DeRosa's time is up, right?

Yeah, that was a heartbreaker. I held them as long as I could, Dempster came in and just got bombed. He gave up at least 4 or 5 hits in a row, then the salami to Jason Lane.

As far as DeRosa, his defense has been fantastic, he just can't buy a hit to save his life.

Cedeno gets the nod. I'm pulling Barrett and Floyd too. I'm gonna try and platoon Pie and Murton in left and see what happens. Floyd has some major pop, he just can't get on base. What a waste.

The lineup card is simple yet appealing. Great job on that JR. It looks simple enough yet there is a lot of details that go into making that.

Soriano is struggling for you as well. Are you planning on maybe having in bat at no:3 or no:4 instead of leading-off?

The lineup card is simple yet appealing. Great job on that JR. It looks simple enough yet there is a lot of details that go into making that.

Soriano is struggling for you as well. Are you planning on maybe having in bat at no:3 or no:4 instead of leading-off?

Great point. I'm not sure what to do with him. I guess I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt in hopes that he will come around. He's actually one of my favorite players in the game these days.

Moving him down the lineup is an excellent idea. Thanks for the input and more than likely, look for him to be batting in the 7th or 8th spot, at least until he gets something going.

Loving the dynasty. For the Soriano idea, I would move him to bat fifth, right behind Lee. 7th or 8th is too far down for Soriano to produce, so if you move him right behind Lee, he could rack up some RBIs while still trying to get on base.

I agree. Here's the new lineup:

SS - Cesar Izturis .378 (previous 8th)

LF - Felix Pie .000 (previous none)

1B - Derrek Lee .286 (previous 3rd)

3B - Aramis Ramirez .289 (previous 4th)

CF - Alfonso Soriano .175 (previous 1st)

C - Henry Blanco .000 (previous none)

RF - Jacque Jones .156 (previous 6th)

2B - Ronny Cedeno .000 (previous none)

Pitcher

Moving Izturis (.395 OBP) up to the leadoff spot should give Lee and Ramirez something to work with on the base paths. I'm giving up Soriano's speed (93, Izturis 81) but it doesn't matter much if he can't get on base.

I'm going to keep this lineup through both the Cincinnati and San Diego series (@Chi), barring injury, and see how things shake up.

It may take until the All-Star break to have a solid lineup that can score runs, but I've got to try something before I get buried in the Central and can't get out.

;)

That lineup may perform better than your previous one. I see that you are giving Cedeno the chance to play. Have you sent DeRosa down or has he been benched?

I've just benched him for now. Cedeno looked a little weak in the few exhibition games I played with him, so I have my doubts on how he's going to work out in the long run. DeRosa is tough, and I have a feeling he'll come out of it sooner or later.

Archived