1. 1.

• Houston Astros
    • Chicago Cubs
    • Philadelphia Phillies
    • New York Mets

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see you finally pull out a win after your Opening Day win. Gotta watch out for those strikeouts though, lol.

You're not kidding. After I upped the difficulty level, the opponents pitchers paint the corners tremendously well. I'm lucky to get one pitch that I can drive.

It's frustrating, but I should get better the more I play. At this point, I'll take a win anyway I can get it. ;)

Hey JR are you playing on MVP right now? You mentioned that you upped your difficulty.

BTW, that Sportcenter background is a thing of beauty. That was really well done.

Yeah, I thought I would try it out. I seem to get more realistic results playing All-Star, but I thought I would try MVP for awhile. I'll see how it goes.

I swiped the background and the top left SC logo off the net, but added the text at the bottom and some lighting.

I haven't messed with brushes too much yet, that's next on my list.

Yeah, I thought I would try it out. I seem to get more realistic results playing All-Star, but I thought I would try MVP for awhile. I'll see how it goes.

Same for me too. I have tried both All-star and MVP and I seem to get realistic results with All-star mode than I do with MVP mode.

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Cubs Batting[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Cubs Pitching[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Brewers Batting[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Brewers Pitching[/align]

[align=center][/align]

Hey JR, the sportscenter background for the standings update look good but I kind of liked the Wrigley Field background better.

I also like the newspaper article. That is pretty neat. Also, DeRosa seems to really be struggling. Just wanted to know what other options do you have at second?

Hey JR, the sportscenter background for the standings update look good but I kind of liked the Wrigley Field background better.

I also like the newspaper article. That is pretty neat. Also, DeRosa seems to really be struggling. Just wanted to know what other options do you have at second?

Thanks for the input, redsox. *You're right about DeRosa, he's practically been non existent at the plate, but I was going to wait until the series at home with Houston was over. If he doesn't show some life, I've got Ronny Cedeno ready to give it a shot at second. There's no way he could be any worse right now.

*- the games are already played, and obviously I know the outcome. Just trying to avoid a spoiler if anyone is reading along.

Gotcha. BTW are you planning on benching DeRosa if he doesn't "show some life" or are you going to send him down to maybe get hot?

Not sure, I would have to look down in AAA and see if anyone is really tearing it up right now. I'm definately going to scout my options.

Speaking of which, Soriano needs to heat up too, that would be a waste.

If DeRosa doesn't pick it up, I can't wait to see how Cedeno does, he's one of my favourite players on the cubs, (Which happen to be my NL team ;) )

I'm counting on the Houston series to be sort of a 'measuring point' for certain guys on the roster. Aramis and Lee are absolutely killing the ball, Izturis is a great contact hitter, so their places in the lineup are pretty secure.

If this series is a flop, I'll definately shake down the roster.

Instead of the Box Score Extractor (Line Score), I've come up with a new Board Overlay (QuikLine) I'll be using from now on. I may try to mess around with new Board Layouts for Team Hitting and Pitching.

Feel free to add any ideas.

[align=center][/align]

Maybe you could show notable hitters and pitchers in the game? Not necessarily the whole thing.

Every day you make my dynasty look worse and worse lol. I'm loving the work you put into this.

EDIT: 5,000th post. Woot.

Archived