There is a way . . .

There is a way . . .

I've seen countless people retire from this site because they lost, broke, cracked, scratched, damaged, or were missing files for their personal copies of MVP Baseball 2005.

In the last 24 hours after speaking with some friends and downloading a couple programs I was able to backup my personal copies I bought and paid for of MVP Baseball 2005 and play the the game without the CDs' even in the drive at all. I played a couple regular games, a season game, and an owner mode game and simulated a season. The game played flawlessly without any errors. I should also mention I played with the 07' MOD installed as well. Still Worked PERFECT!

I would love to share with everyone how to do this and the two programs they need to get it done. They are legal programs because one is issued as freeware, and the other is $29. Also I see no harm in backing up and being able to play the game still while preserving your MVP Baseball 2005 CDs'.

However I don't want to be banned from the site because of posting the directions on this method. So if a site admin could e-mail me or contact me and give me permission to post the information on how to do this, I would gladly put them up so everyone can get back to doing what they love to do here. Playing MVP Baseball, "while not having to worry about preservation of your CDs' and or what could happen to them.

Thanks!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have bought and paid for the CD's, then it is perfectly legal for you to back up your own belongings, and to use (play) them however you wish, including digital images of the discs. Thus, it is completely within the rules of this site to talk about your methods. There are many methods for doing this - but it never hurts to hear about how various people are doing it.

So go right ahead.

There may be other programs that do what the $29 dollar program does but I'm unsure. So anyways here it is.

P.S.

I'm not claiming my way to be new or anything, just that I can attest to the fact that it works for me.

Play any CD or Program Software or Game without the disc in the drive

(( We'll use MVP Baseball 2005 in this example ))

Here is what you need and how to do it . . .

TOOLS

EA Sports MVP Baseball 2005 Disc 1 & Disc 2 - Your copies

DAEMON TOOLS - Virtual DAEMON Manager Version 4.09 - Freeware

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.p...ategory&catid=5

Alcohol 120% - $29.00

http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

Directions on how to do this are to follow...

Making it work

1. ) First download/install MVP Baseball 2005 onto your computer.

- side note* Just a reminder that the intention here is to help

preserve CDs' for folks who worry about losing, scratching, or

breaking software they have PURCHASED AND OWN!

Should you decide to download illegal software, or pirate versions

of software and or games off a bit torrent, or limewire, or warez

then when you get busted by the cops or recieve a virus the fault

is yours to bare. Good Luck!!! & BUY YOUR OWN SOFTWARE!!!

Don't be a fool and pirate everything!!! :)

2.) Now that you've installed MVP Baseball 2005. It's time to install

the other tools you'll need. Make sure you've installed the following -

DAEMON TOOLS - Virtual DAEMON Manager Version 4.09 &

Alcohol 120%

3.) If you read through any of the help files on Alcohol 120% you may or may not

already have an idea of what you need to do. Here is how simple it is.

3.a ) - Once you've installed DAEMON TOOLS - Virtual DAEMON Manager Version 4.09,

if you done this correctly then once you launch the program from the desktop, or

from Start Menu > All Programs > DAEMON TOOLS, ... Then you should see a

red and white lightning looking icon in your toolbar.

3.b ) - Now open your start menu,

and select " MY COMPUTER ". Now with your MY COMPUTER file open you can

see where your normal drives are located under HARD DISK DRIVES.

My Regular hard drive is Local Disk (C:)

If you right click on the DAEMON TOOLS red and white lightning icon you can go

to 'Virtual CD/DVD ROM and then down to "set number of devices"

You'll only need to set the number to 1 for MVP Baseball 2005 but

some software requires more then one drive and or more then one CD to

be loaded in drives when you use it, in those cases pick the number of drives

you'll need for the software or games your running . . . you have the option of

setting 1, 2, 3 or 4 drives.

3. c ) - Now that you have selected your number of drives look back on your "MY COMPUTER"

page and under Devices with Removable storage you'll see that you now

mysteriously have 1, 2, 3 or 4 new drives. Mine came up as Drive (I:), (J:), (K:), and (L:)

... These are your Virtual drives.

4.) Now that you have learned about where your virtual drives are and how to get to them using the

DAEMON TOOLS - Virtual DAEMON Manager Version 4.09, it's time to make copies of your

software (( MVP Baseball 2005 in this example )) so open up your "Alcohol 120% program"

5.) Now that your in your Alcohol 120% program, On the lefthand side select -"Image Making Wizard"

The image making wizard will pop up and auto detect your MVP Baseball 2005 CD 2 in your

CD Drive. You'll only need to use the CD in which the program requires the CD to be in the drive

to make your .iso image. In this case, we need MVP Baseball 2005 CD 2 because that is the CD

you would normally keep in your drive while playing the game.

6.) See on The Image making Wizard where it shows CD/DVD device this should be your real device

where you put CDs' into to play games or run software. mine is Device (I:) on my computer. Now

down below under where it says - " Session, Track, Mode, Address, and Link " I can see that

Alcohol 120% Image Making Wizard has detected my CD ROM and that it's 667.3 MB. So I will

place a check on skip reading errors (because I'm not playing the game, I'm burning an image of it)

if it's not already checked and leave everything else blank.

6.a ) - Now I will click Next > and a few seconds later under image location I will choose to place the

MVP Baseball 2005 CD 2 .iso image I making in my " MY DOCUMENTS FOLDER", You can

put yours wherever you want but just remember where you placed it.

6.b ) - Also under Image Name, I can see the image is called " MVP2005_CD 2 " This is good, that's

what it should be.

6.c ) - Under Image Format I am going to select " STANDARD ISO Image Format {*.iso}

6.d ) - Now that all my setting are right, I am going to hit start and the IMAGE Making Wizard will

now create a file for me that I saved in MY DOCUMENTS called MVP2005_CD2.iso

This process took about ten minutes on my computer but may differ on your PC based on

speed, ram, processing, memory, storage, etc., etc. . . .

7. ) Now that the file is done I am going to close the Alcohol 120% program.

7.a ) - Now go to your folder you saved the .iso file in and make sure you have the

DAEMON TOOLS - Virtual DAEMON Manager Version 4.09 open in the system tray.

Select a virtual drive device and click on "Mount Image".

Now select the MVP2005_CD from your "MY DOCUMENTS or whereever you saved it

and it should start the game with the .iso image and run on that virtual drive.

CONGRATUALTIONS!!!

Your playing on a virtual drive with your own CD.

I realize these directions are long, but I tried to be specific as possible to help everyone out.

If your smart like me, you'll read through this, download the software, get your image made,

and be ready to play in about a half an hour.

REMEMBER, IF YOU CHOOSE TO PIRATE ANY OF THIS SOFTWARE, IT'S ON YOU

IF YOU GET A VIRUS, OR GET RAIDED BY THE PIGS!!!

BUY THE SOFTWARE YOU USE!

PEACE!

If anyone else utilizes the tools I'd love to hear about how it worked for you. I personally had a smooth sail on the deal myself. I hope this will help some people out who have scratched CDs' or don't want scratched CDs'.

If you have a scratched CD but still get this program to work for you and then run without the CD and no probs, I really want to hear about it. That would be awesome and no more worries.

Just hope this helps out some peeps. I know I'm about to get to backing up a bunch of my stuff now so I can preserve my software CDs'.

GOOD LUCK!

No Prob Mark B.

Also a little side note*

I chose to not install the Save Now client-side software application. This is just something they do with there freeware over at the DAEMON site for advertising. Just make sure as you install the DAEMON Tools you uncheck the box for the SAVE NOW and DAEMON Tools searchbar unless you want them. I personally didn't. and if you've ever downloaded Kazaa or something similar then you know what SAVE NOW is already. Just a pop up advertisement deal. But if you uncheck the option to leave it out of your install you should have no worries.

Also I used AVG and Avira Anti-virus - virus protection programs, to scan the downloads for DAEMON and for Alcohol 120% and found no hidden back doors, spyware, or trojans with these programs. So they should be cool. I've downloaded stuff from the DAEMON site for other purposes and never had trouble but you should always use something to protect your PC.

• 2 weeks later...

i used it.....made copies of both cds.....

used those copies to install the game no problem.....now when i try to run the game with the CD2 copy, it hangs on the Roger Clemens screen....any ideas?

Im glad I got MVP when I did and just knowing I got the best baseball game that money can buy was well worth it. Because I knew this was a great game and once I knew it was mod-able it made it a well investment in my book. Thanks modders for making MVP the best!

another thing I like about Daemon tools - if you have a mini-disc image, you can load it and won't need to use the CDs. 4 virtual DVD/CD-ROM is better than 2 real ones any day

i agree. i've used CloneCd to do mine and backed them up on 4 different hard drives for insurance purposes. but whenever i wanna install, i can use the image files directly, otherwise just use the mini-disc image to play. saves you a little space.

I have bought and paid for the game twice (not to mention all the triple plays etc.) due to a scratched disc but I have used a crack to play the game every since I scratched the first copy... Just makes sence... Never ever had a problem with 05... 06 or 07 mods... I see where they say it won't run with a crack but it does...

Archived