Dodger Stadium

plunger021

Her my hi res pic of the week. Added the 3d crowd/seats behind homeplate and new foul territory. It took awhile but hard part is through lol. Everything else after this is gravy train. I'm hoping to get it out by this homestand.

ds3.jpg

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alyssa, Vin, Tommy....oh yeah baby! Hot stuff Rolie!!

Are you going to use the Field Changer grass?

thanks, not totally sure yet about the grass. I tried the field changer thing it looked cool but I want add more detail but keep those optimizations because it does run a lot smoother. With so much 3d crowd added I really have to watch out for stuttering. I want to to change grass patterns to match the correct mow alignments and maybe add a little more depth to grass and make it look less 2 dimensional. I think I could do that in Zmod.

cc720, I was was successful adding a ton more 3dcrowd. Here's a pic. I'm putting in the walls today. It took me awhile but it's definitely worth it.

I think the original had something like 500 3dfans I added about 1000 more. I changed the crowd to have DXT3 transparency but I think I'm gonna back to DXT1 format for smooother play.

ds4.jpg

Just finished remodeling the walls. The LCD in outfield will be semi animated or rotated ads. Working on bullpen/dugouts next. Its starting to take real shape now. I doubt it'll be out this homestand but definitely by the next one.

Really wish I had the patience to sit and perfect a park like this. It's an incredible achievement.

yeah me too. I after got use to zmod and its quirks its moving along really fast. Sean o , I dunno if you tried Zmod yet but it is a godsend. I don't have to worry about finding any polys or anything. I just make a new object from scratch. zmod has a snaping ability and copy/mirror functions to do the work for you. The UV mapping is so much easier. Everything snaps and you use "exact transform" in place of "vertex properties" in Oedit.

The 3d crowd is gonna take a long time no matter what but other then that everything moving along fine once I got the hang of all the quirks.

DODGER FANS REJOICE!!!!!

Dude you would be a Dodger legend if you were able to put the guy in the Panama hat with the radar gun somewhere in there, Mike Brito is his name...

Yup I got a special place for him you will see.

Hey rolie, with all your improvements, do you think this stadium is going to kill our systems and be unplayable?

A lot of stuff has been optimized. Like the crappy grass I had before and the huge wall texture has been cut in half. The 3dcrowd is the biggest clog. I'm going to release a full capacity version and a 2/3 capacity version and maybe a smaller one for those less fortunate. But of course I'm gonna need you guys to test it still.

Anyways gotta get back work and stop foolishly arguing with fools lol.

I really should make the switch to zmod, since obviously oedit was never the perfect solution. Creating polygons must be incredible, since I am really sick of harvesting them from random places.

I'll look through the archives, see if I can figure out how to make it happen.

I really should make the switch to zmod, since obviously oedit was never the perfect solution. Creating polygons must be incredible, since I am really sick of harvesting them from random places.

I'll look through the archives, see if I can figure out how to make it happen.

That would be awesome. you won't regret it. There's so much you can do now. Lemme know if you need help because it took me a long while to figure it out.

This sounds great. By the way, that Astros guy you were arguing with is dumb to think that his favorite players like Bagwell (In my top 5 favorites of all time also) never touched any performance enhancing drugs. especially since one of his teammates was one of the guys who started all this controversy, Caminiti. It's also funny to think that Bagwell's career took a crap when a drug policy was put into place. Everyone's after Bonds, but we all need to accept the fact that I bet nearly 80% of players did something, especially since there was no testing.

Has anyone noticed that the baseball at Dodger stadium is gray in the home half of each inning to the extent that you almost cant see it when it is pitched and hit? has anyone else noticed this? I'm at a loss.

??? you mean the hitters eye? i thought i did notice weird things with the ball. Do you notice a weird sound bug when you restart a game? I restart a game and the ambient game noise gets muted.

rolie, I think my PC is up to the task with the most demanding Dodger Stadium you can churn out, I would be glad to help you.

cool man, thanks

I wish you could make a mod where the real life Dodgers don't get shutout 3 games in a row...this is insane.

Yeah you now what. Im gonna bleed this season out. I can't blame Colettiti for losing his two new starting pitchings. I think it's the right move in not trading away our young studs just to make playoffs. I think he has a long term plan to have a winning Dodger team for long time. Im gonna trust his intuition this year. Last year we made great moves but still didn't win a game in the playoffs. Maybe it'll take season for Broxton and Bills to learn how to pitch with the pressure on. Maybe it'll awhile for our young hitters to learn how to to hit off speed pitches. Have I conceded the season? I'm halfway there to be honest. Is our future bright? Yes without doubt. I see our team now as either being way too young or way too old. It would be a great surprise if we made the playoffs. I don't care about just making the playoffs. Having Detriot's patience seams to be a trend right now. Colettii you got one year damnit! lol.

Make some lineup changes. Move Loney to the 3 spot, Kent to 5,Eithier to 4.

Make rotation, Penny, Lowe, Billingsley, Houlton, Stults; Long men, Hendrickson, Tomko; Middle, Proctor, Broxton, Beimel, Seanez, Hernandez; closer, Saito. That's it. Theres no one really in the minors to bring up to make a contribution and the dl is like a mash unit.

Archived