The Official MVP 2005 Wishlist Thread

Trues

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Fix player progression and retirements at the end of the season (way too many)

-Lefty glitch

-Three team trades with the ability to include "points" (I wish actual money but the Players Association won't allow money in video games) and more than just three players from one team at a time.

-More in-depth create-a-player with more options for appearances, more attributes such as clutch (Derek Jeter's ability to get hits in important situations and Mariano Rivera's ability to shut down offenses to close out games or avoid allowing any runs, etc.); more player stances (way too many generics used in comparison to actual player stances), pitching styles, ability to see a projections of the kind of statistical numbers a player would be expected to achieve so you don't have to simulate, test, simulate, test, to get a CAP that wasn't included in the game (Cory Lidle, Damian Miller) to produce as the real player does.

-Fully editable fake players (that includes heights, weights)

-Presentation and dynasty more like Madden (scroll through roster like Madden, offseason, relocation, additions to stadium, rebuild, etc., Winter Meetings where major deals and signings occur, ability to select User Only trades where you can keep rosters up to date during your dynasty by making every trade yourself)

-Create-a-draftee during the amateur draft or edit player names before the draft begins

-Create-A-Team feature (which apparently is in the game; but rather than saving them as separate files and cluttering your memory card, put in a saved teams file that can be deleted while playing the game); if you create a team and another has to be created to keep balance, be allowed to create the team yourself because in ASB, the computer would create a second team with really bad combinations - Washington (D.C.) Iguanas or something; also do it like NCAA and Madden have it (type in your location, team name, etc.) instead of preselected team names with preloaded colors

-Historic Teams preloaded (easily edited if you go to baseball-almanac.com; only like the created team feature, save all teams into one Historic Roster file like NCAA does in 2005)

-USA Team?

-World Cup (which has been in the works for sometime now and could possibly happen, if so, players would need an option in general information for place of birth)

-More uniform options (home, away, alternates, batting practice, spring training and historical)

-More equipment options (batting gloves, shoes, etc.)

-Suspensions (by team or league)

-Hire and fire coaches (manager, hitting, pitching, bench; I love this feature in Madden - several years after players retire they can apply for coaching positions - Randy Johnson mentoring your young pitchers or Derek Jeter as your hitting coach?)

-Option for different TV presentation styles or different announcers to simulate different broadcasts (Krukow and Kuiper, who suck anyhow, do not do any other team's games than the Giants)

-All-Star Game features (Home Run Derby based on current season - option to decline invites, All-Star selections based on current season - players unable to play due to injury and replacements, players wear their actual team jersey or atleast hat/helmet - I understand this might cause loading problems but I loved how Madden had Pro Bowls with players wearing their team's helmet)

-Rework pitching somehow so a user player walks a little bit more often. I loved the idea of the pitching meter because it gives the chance that you might miss and walk somebody but make it a bit easier to allow walks)

-Realtime scoreboards (I believe the screen shots confirm this but during dynasty, I'd like to see real working scoreboards across the country)

-Power rankings (how well do you stack up against other teams?)

-Rule 5 Draft

-Compensation picks (if you lose a player to another team via free agency, you are alloted a compensation pick during the Amateur Draft)

-Create-A-Coach (like in NCAA where you could name your coach and edit to see if you can break any coaching records)

-Records (single-season, all-time) - I loved this in ASB and missed it a lot in MVP (include records since the inception of MLB and not baseball in general; records set in the 1800s are impossible to break - 500 innings in a season, etc.)

-Stats (breakdown of yearly stats, do it like Madden does, and include any awards the person has won and include awards they have won in years prior to the game's release)

That's all I can think of right now.

wont take much to make me a happy gamer, here is what i would like to see when i install mvp05:

more stadium specifics, ie make the apple in shea react the way its supposed to, not going 20 feet in the air on a pole, water at sbc, and pleas take out the fireworks after a homerun is hit, if u need something to do after a homer, add an airhorn or siren or something, no team has a fireworks show after every single homerun. All im asking is that they just clean up the stadium specific details a bit from last year.

more stadium detail, add seat colors, ie at shea the entire field level seating is orange and it adds alot to the feel of the stadium when its there. i remember inside pitch on xbowx had the orange seating and it was incredible. felt like i was actually there.

Tune up the gameplay and include a tune file nala high heat. Lets not beat a dead horse here EA, you know we mod the game, you know us modding the game only makes u more money, so make it a bit easier for us. rearrange the .bigs, etc so that it doesnt take 3 weeks to make shea look like its real life counterpart, etc, also make tuning the game beyond sliders more managable.

I would also like to see a variety of grass patterns. give us the option to change grass patterns every month or 2 weeks or whatnot during a season. mlb2005 had this option. also, i found it very hard to keep a dynasty going in last years game because it seemed as though i would play a month and I would end up playing with a different mets team then what was in real life because of the inability to upload rosters afetr a dynast has started.

I think it is reasonable to think that all the stuff i mentioned could easily be added in 6 months, and ill be in heaven if just those little things are fixed. nbothing new really, just a few added options and some refining of some things and im good 2 go.

I dont ask for much

- Better replays / Less check swing replays

- Optimized graphics - less graphic lag (xbox)

- Maybe some captions for mound visits (what the hell are they saying?)

- Better homerun derby

- Addional Fielding/Camera views

- Batter statistics against pitcher during at bat

- Better bullpen scenes

I could go on and on. EA should just make me a beta tester :)

-more in-depth stats, like RISP, team totals, holds, etc.

-bring back the records (plus more) that were in 2003. why this wasn't in 2004 is beyond me.

-40 man roster

-better trade options, like allowing you to accept or cancel a trade even if you proposed it, to be able to negotiate et al. also, more teams involved and more than 3 players

-more executive stuff: amateur draft (at least), winter meetings, press conferences

-the ability to view boxscores throughout the whole season for any team in any league.

-an export function for stats (probably unlikely as consoles are the big market)

-real home run derby and screw the pitcher showdown

-hall of fame: current members and future inductions

-all-star game for minors

-base coaches/pitching coach in pen

-hot/cold zone editor

-ability to turn on/off 'tipped' pitches

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been said or not, but it needs a portrait system that adjusts the plaers uniform in their photo depending on what team they play for.

Like what ESPN has, a stock photo with graphics of all teams.

It would make pictures a hell of alot better.

I want the ability to search for players, not just created players.

Sometimes I like to know where particular are, and I don't want to have to look through all 90 rosters.

It's called MVPEdit and it's in the d/l section.

I want to have more detail in the trade talks. If I make an offer to a team, I want to know how close we are to a deal. Something like... Telling me want the team is looking for a SP, RP, IF, OF, $$$ etc. AI should make counter offers. Offer up different option A,B, or C. That way we can deside how much we are willing to give up in a trade. Also have a NTC icon next to a player that can or will not be traded. (No Trade Clause).

MVP 2004 was great with the addition of awards like the Relief Man and Silver Slugger, but I'd personally like to see LCS MVPs added. Also, the WS MVP should be awarded based ONLY on Series performance, not, as it appears to be right now, overall playoff performance.

I want to have more detail in the trade talks. If I make an offer to a team, I want to know how close we are to a deal. Something like... Telling me want the team is looking for a SP, RP, IF, OF, $$$ etc. AI should make counter offers. Offer up different option A,B, or C. That way we can deside how much we are willing to give up in a trade. Also have a NTC icon next to a player that can or will not be traded. (No Trade Clause).

I like that as well. I think they're should be real free agent signing races between teams, like in Madden '05, where it says, that a particular team as offered more money or better terms. The only problem here, now all the free agents, the really interesting ones, have signed long term contracts, and it wouldn't really affect the game for the coming season, not sure who's a free agent of caliber in the next 2 seasons. But in general trades and free agency should be more involving. The stats is another thing, that NEEDS improvement, I also like the stat system they use for Madden. Right now, they literally just disappear. :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

Just to add to all the stuff people have mentioned already and I don't know if this is one of those already talked about, but in future baseball games, it would be cool if players could wear jewelry on the field - earrings, necklaces (I guess that's all the options you could have, just variations). It would just add to the realism of each player.

Archived