The Official MVP 2005 Wishlist Thread

Trues

This may sound dumb, but:

How about a windup chooser and a stretch chooser for pitchers deliveries.

i was kind of upset they didn't have mussina's bend down with runners on base. but that doesn't sound bad since they have all those new creators in nba live 2005. i can't wait for that. :mrgreen:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a few:

1. Be able to edit stats of created players (i.e. Barry Bonds' homeruns, etc.)

2. Pitching Coach Visits

3. A face editor like in TW 2005.

4. More In-Depth Rosters (i.e. September Call-ups)

5. Jerry Remy and Don Orsillo as announcers.

6. Maybe some unique swing/ batting stance editor.

7. When a team is not playing well or out of the playoffs, etc., the fan attendence should be low. Like in Montreal there are the same size crowds as like Yankee Stadium

Here are a few:

1. Be able to edit stats of created players (i.e. Barry Bonds' homeruns, etc.)

2. Pitching Coach Visits

3. A face editor like in TW 2005.

4. More In-Depth Rosters (i.e. September Call-ups)

5. Jerry Remy and Don Orsillo as announcers.

6. Maybe some unique swing/ batting stance editor.

7. When a team is not playing well or out of the playoffs, etc., the fan attendence should be low. Like in Montreal there are the same size crowds as like Yankee Stadium

are #5 the Red Sox announcers? if so, it's not happening. lol.

two items I would really enjoy

1. playing with ALL fictional players (I do this with OOTP)

2. "manage only" style like High Heat where as a pop up menu would allow me to instruct the player to bunt (steal, hit and run, etc.)and then allow HIS abilities to decide the out come and not MY timing :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

How about:

-If EA puts a temperature option in the game, how about in cooler temps, if the pitcher gets on base, you get an option to put a jacket on the pitcher like they do in MLB but would decrease the pitchers speed but add to the pitchers stamina.

-And on the subject of temperatures and jackets, how about in hotter temps the manager wears a normal uniform.

-Fix the Fenway/Pro player centerfield corner.

-DH could be a selectable primary position but you would have to put a fielding position. I'm tired of seeing Edgar Martinez/Frank Thomas play first

-More Hr robbing, especially at parks where it's easy to rob them (Busch, Fenway,Metrodome.

-When player hits walkoff hit/Hr, whole team goes to celebrate. It pissed me off when the Reds beat the Red Sox in the WS the fielders celebrated but the people on the bench just sat there :(

-Managers Ejected in beanball wars

-Too many diving plays

-More options for catcher helmet/gear designs (Expos road/home seperare gear, i think the Rays do that too, also Brandon Inge's catcher helmet)

-Players wearing sunglasses during sunny days

-Balls getting stuck in the Ivy at Wrigley

I would like to see a few new things:

1) Real Time Weather. Have the game link up to a weather site like weather.com and if it's not raining 1 minute and the next minute it starts raining you should see it. If it starts raining you should have a menu with two options that asks if you would like to close the roof (if the stadium has a retractable roof) or if it doesn't to ask if you would like to go into a rain delay and have videos and stuff playing during the rain delay until the rain passes over, if the Rain Delay goes for too long the game would automatically be postponed and a double header has too be played if it's in Dynasty(you can have an option of turning Real Time Weather On or Off in the Options Menu so if it's Raining before th game even starts you can turn it off and play while it's raining in that city the game is being played in or if you don't wanna play with Real Time Weather ever). And the Second Option would be to continue playing at the risk of players on both teams to be injured on wet grass and making the game all muddy and stuff.

2) Better Crowd Graphics

3) To display the Stadium Attendance at the end of the game.

4) Much improved Commentary. Every time you hit a HR they say almost the same thing everytime (especially with Solo Blasts). Maybe perhaps downloadable Commentary Updates where you can update what the Commentators say.

5) A Playoff Mode (so that you don't have to play Dynasty just for the playoffs) where you can choose from 2 choices. 1) Go straight into a Full Playoff (Division Series, League Championship Series, World Series) or 2) Skip the Whole Playoff Thing and go straight into the World Series. I want this because in exhibition you can't keep track of the Series Lead and in the 2 Ken Griffey Jr.'s Games for the N64 it had a World Series Mode.

6) Have the ability to send the Manager to the Umpire to argue a play worth arguing. If you can Charge the Mound you should be allowed to Argue with the Umpire. If you keep Arguing to the Umpire on the same play over and over he has the option of tossing you and suspending you too just like they can do to a player

And since the Manager is arguing the play. If the Umpire made a wrong call he can talk with the other Umpires and they all decide the call. If EA can put "Challenge Play" into Madden NFL 2005 why not for MVP Baseball? (except for Umpires looking into cameras for the replays that's not allowed, yet).

7) Allow you to choose whether you want the "Water Hits Count Meter" in SBC Park to go up whenever a ball is hit into McCovey Cove. I personally would love to see the current "Water Hits Count" from SBC Park and then see it go up everytime Barry Bonds or anyother player hits the ball into McCovey Cove. They can program it so that whenever the ball goes over *Insert Distance* and it's hit into the part where the water is the Count Meter goes up. That shouldn't be too hard to do.

8- EA Should do Roster Updates all the way up to the day after the Regular Season ends. That means if the season ends October 3 the next day should be the final Roster Update from EA and not Mid July like they did with this game.

9) Have full compatability with Nvidia and ATI video cards. I have an nvidia video card and it's frustrating when i can't Alt-Tab or else the game crashes. If there are some cards from each manufacturer that don't work at all with the game that is understandable, what is not understandable is that any nvidia card will cause the game to crash after hitting the windows key or Alt-Tab (that is rediculous).

10) EA should Update Stadiums with new banners and stuff that are added throughout the season. A good example of this was with Pro Player Stadium. EA Placed the 2003 World Champions Banner onto the Left Center Scoreboard with of course not knowing exactly where the banner was actually placed on Opening Day and what it looked like. EA should update these things that make the stadium look as current as possible. I mean come on EA made Anthony13 have to redo the entire Pro Player Stadium to look exactly like it did on the Last Day of the Season. Not to mention he's not even done with finishing it and it was only the Day Version the Night Version hasn't even been made yet. I'm sure they can get lots of guys in there just for Stadium Updates and that would really make us happy that the game is as current as it can be.

My List:

Ideas for MVP Baseball 2005:

Stadium Creator/Editor.

Expansion Franchise, like ASB...

Be able to move a franchise as a GM/Owner.

Comlpete player stats.

All baseball records.

GM MODE

Pick-up game, like in ASB

Original Home-Run Derby

Batting Practice

Fielding Practice

ALL Batting Practice, throwback, alternate, and older uniforms for every team, including unis for past locations of teams(like Philadelphia A's unis for the Oakland A's), and uniforms for teams that changed completely(like the St. Louis Browns).

More options for Create-a-Player:

-Many different elbow pads,

-Branded bats(at least 40 choices)

-Undershirt type(as in, longsleeve, short sleeve, UnderArmour, baggy),

-Shirt type(Tight, Normal, Baggy)

-Pants(High-sock, high-sock & baggy, normal, wide, baggy),

-Be able to make a batting stance(feet position, hands, stand, etc.)

-A "Bat Speed" slider for Batting.

-A "Ball Transfer" slider for Fielding.

EVERY Hall of Fame Player.

Negro League Teams, Stadiums and Players.

MORE STADIUMS:

DoubleDay Field

League Park

Cleveland Municipal Stadium

Sick's Stadium

South End Grounds

HillTop Park

Braves Field

Eclipse Park

Meuhlebach Field

Navin Field(Early Tiger Stadium - Completely different)

Rickwood Field

Terrapin Park

KingDome

Three Rivers Stadium

Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium

Arlington Stadium

Baker Bowl

Candlestick Park

Colt Stadium

Tokyo Dome(Japan)

Foro Sol Stadium(Mexico)

Estadio Monterrey(Mexico)

(OLD) Comiskey Park

Ebbets Field

Exhibition Stadium

Qualcomm Stadium(Jack Murphy Stadium)

Nagoya Dome(Japan)

Fukuoka Dome(Japan)

Yokohama Stadium(Japan)

Green Stadium(Japan)

Seibu Lions Stadium(Japan)

Bennett Park

Jarry Park

Memorial Stadium

Memorial Coliseum

Metropolitan Stadium

Mile High Stadium

Milwaukee County Stadium

Riverfront Stadium/Cinergy Field

Municipal Stadium(Kansas City)

ORIGINAL Oakland Coliseum

Yankee Stadium 1 (1923-1936)

Yankee Stadium 2 (1937-1973 <=Classic Yankee Stadium)

Robert F. Kennedy Stadium

Veterans Stadium

Olympic Stadium

Chiba Marine Stadium(Japan)

Hanshin Keshien Ballpark(Japan)

Fujiidera Ballpark(Japan)

Jingu Stadium(Japan)

Hiroshima Stadium(Japan)

Seals Stadium

Wrigley Field(LOS ANGELES)

Huntington Avenue Grounds

South Side Park

Owen Bush Stadium

Exposition Park

Palace of the Fans

Washington Park

West Side Grounds

A.L. Park

Columbia Park

Lloyd St. Grounds

Oriole Park(Orioles/Yankees; 1901-1902)

Robison Field

Osaka Dome(Japan)

Riverview Stadium

Sydney Olympic Baseball Arena

Athens Olympic Baseball Arena

The Field of Dreams

THE REAL Hiram Bithorn Stadium (ASTROTURF)

ALL SPRING TRAINING STADIUMS

All MLB, AAA, AA, A, Arizona League, Dominican Summer League, Mexican League, Venezuelan Summer League, Dominican League, Puerto Rican League, Venezuelan League Stadiums, Spring Training, and Japanese League Stadiums.

FUTURE Stadiums:

Future Marlins

Future Marlins(prop. 2)

Yankees (Yankee Stadium 2)

Future Mets

Red Sox (Fenway Park 2)

Twins Ballpark

Future Athletics

Cardinals Field

Future Expos/Senators

FANTASY STADIUMS:

Fantasy MLB, AAA, AA, A, Arizona League, Dominican Summer League, Mexican League, Venezuelan Summer League, Dominican League, Puerto Rican League, Venezuelan League, and Spring Training Stadiums - at least 10 of each.

Pick-Up Game Stadiums(like ASB) - Like a schoolyard, playground, cornfield, etc.

Pick-Up Games

XBOX LiVE!

PS2 BroadBand

PC Online

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:

BETTER GRAPHICS!!!!!!!!!!!

BETTER GAMEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!

NO MORE GLITCHES!!!!!!!!!!

BETTER PHYSICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BETTER PLAYER MODELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BETTER PRESENTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly do you guys think they could cram all that stuff into a disc made for PS2 or Xbox? Remember, they use about 6 months to produce a game...

Honestly for me, if they can tweak the gameplay just a tad and add all the bells and whistles later, I'd be happy.

honestly i would like to see the good ol homerun derby put back...and some different kinds of weather...i never played a game on any gaming console with snow or rain...retractable roofs that work...see where the ball lands when it goes out of the stadium...actually see a full brawl...fans catch bats or balls...pitchers actually getting injured by line drives...better BIG play controls...yeah and better gameplay...thats about it...

One of the things they have to fix in dynasty mode is the general snottiness of free agents/potential free agents. A player who's been sitting at home for a month after the season starts should not be "angrily" doing anything - he should be begging for a one-year deal that keeps him in the game.

A dynasty for more then one player, weather changes, Single A baseball. Learning new player positions, with ratings. So you can't just move a player to a position where he plays like an all start even if if he never played it. More equpiment, more uniforms, hiring a coaching staff like madden would be cool. Realistic money system like madden got, lol heck just follow Madden's offseason lol

My big issues is the Dynasty mode lacking mulitplayer

I think everyone else covered pretty much everything. But how about if the catcher actually throws the ball back to the pitcher after the pitch. Might slow the game down a bit, but I don't watch baseball, or play MVP because it's fast. Baseball should be slow, that's one of the things that make it great.

I would like to see them fix the sim mode. I tend to sim from time to time in dynasty mode and i've noticed that there are few pinch hitters for relief pitchers. I just ran about 20+ simulated games and about 85% of the time the relief pitchers batted for themselves. Now tell me how often does a relief pitcher actually bat for themself in the major leagues? I don't sim for very long for the fact that my bench winds up not hardly doing anything. the sim mode also doesn't like to put in defensive replacements. Just my little sore spot on the game.

well mccarver is a former Card, so he loves them, but for some reason he totally trashes on the yankees every game. it's downright annoying.

thats because he was an announcer for the mets on WWOR 9 in New York, and on FOX sports net NY for the mets...

Archived