The Official MVP 2005 Wishlist Thread

Trues

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. When the mound is charged, show an actual fight. OR have you fight!!! [if it's in the game, it's in the game, right?]

2. Entirely redone menus [keyboard control]

3. Alternate stadiums for each team

4. Collisions in the outfield, bases, and at home more frequently.

5. WAY better commentary.

There's more, but its either been mentioned already or I can't think of it right now.

Peace

1. When the mound is charged, show an actual fight. OR have you fight!!! [if it's in the game, it's in the game, right?]

Unfortunately I don't think we will ever see this as the MLBPA refueses to admit that fights do break out in baesball. I guess they don't want it to be shown in a game.... unlike hockey of course which fighting is a BIG part of the game.

It's about the same as asking for the names of minor league players to be in the game.... unless the MLBPA changes their agreement, EA can do nothing to get those 2 things in the game :(

P.S. This is my first, and probably last personal attack on you, the rest is solely in the direction of the New York Yankees who I, as well as America not including Half the State of NY, despise for various reasons. NOT cause they win, but because they symbolize everything that is wrong with baseball (greedy players, buying championships, no salary cap, steroids, etc...) If you take this issues personally, then maybe you should take a hard look at the team you root for and re-evaluate...

...oh, oooops

Greedy players? Like who? And compared to everyone else in baseball who ISNT greedy? STFU.

Buying championships? Who did the yankees buy in 1998? 1999? The core players for hte Yankees are almost all home grown. Rivera, Jeter, Posada, Williams, Soriano(when he was a Yank). They had Clemens and then Giambi. This offseason they pick up Sheffield. TRADED for Brown. TRADED for Javier Vazquez. Dont give me this crap about buying players. Where is your shitfit about Boston? Or Baltimore? What about St Louis buying Scott Rolen? Your full of crap.

Nobody bitched when Texas gave Arod an astronomical amount of cash. Texas had a huge payroll, Baltimore has a pretty big one. Boston has a massive payroll but because they dont win, nobody bothers those teams. Your not very smart are you?

Steroids? Bonds. Camineti. etc. Yet you claim the Yankees are on steroids? The only player who MIGHT have been on them is out for most of the season. (Have you noticed that you keep losing these arguments?)

WHO DO YOU ROOT FOR? Some team that has been slaughtered by the Yankees year after year? Im so very sorry for the fact that your team cant manage itself and doesnt know how to run a dynasty. Do you like Clevland? The team that dumped some of its best pitchers and its all star first baseman? Dude, you need to relax and realize the facts. Your wrong and wont ever be right.

P.S. Are you a democrat? Because you seem like the kind of person to blindly follow propoganda

Jeff Weaver couldn't handle the spotlight, neither could Contreras, if you brought them back now, they'd be doing the same as they were in their years with the yankees, not everyone can take in all the new york pressure, some can, like weaver, contreras, and apparently Vazquez can't either.

here's my list:

Completely Improved Minors: For example, i want all the players with correct names, pictures and ratings, also correct unis and stadiums.

International Rosters: There's a new mod out with world cup teams, but i'd like it if EA would do it...Iowa Cubs jerseys just don't look that great on Team USA

Graphics Card Fixes: My graphics card doesn't work to well with the game.

I know there are mods to fix some of these...but downloading on a 56k takes for ever (at 2.65 kB/Sec)...oh finally Sammy Sosa's picture...can you say atrocious?

Micro Management: Using pitchers as pinch runners (e.g. Mike Hampton) or pinch hitters (e.g. Brooks Kieschnick)

Less diving plays

The bent stance has got to go

Box Scores like High Heat had, which shown defensive replacements (the current ones do not show defensive replacements), Pinch hitters w/ the _____ for _____ thing at the bottom

EA needs to stop basing callups/send downs on ratings, sometimes you will see a rookie getting bombed all the time while the person that should be in his place his doing great in AAA

More realistic retiring, no 21 year old top prospects retiring because of lack of skills or personal reasons

No sellout crowds every game ( that average attendance stat when you choose a stadium in exhibition is there for a reason)

Fatigue setting for fielders

Newer pitching deliveries

like Akinori Otsuka,LaTroy Hawkins, Paul Byrd, etc.

WIND!!!!!!

Game highlights that you can choose to view at the end of the game (ala High Heat 2003)

pitchers sitting on the benches in bullpen

New Faces that should be included:

Carlos Zambrano

Michael Barrett

Julio Lugo

Wily Mo Pena

Khalil Greene

Bobby Crosby

Johnny Estrada

Toby Hall

Lew Ford

Johan Santana

Glendon Rusch

Kyle Farnsworth

David Newhan

Rich Harden

Jayson Werth

Jason Bay

Miguel Cabrera

I know a lot of these things were probably already mentioned but I'm not gonna read all of those thigns people posted..

-40 man rosters (I know a lot of people posted this)

-better options menu where you can get rid of annoying things such as swing replays, disable play replays on crappy singles/fielding players

-when you're pitching you should see a behind the pitcher view

-more faces

-better trade interface where you can do 3/4 team trades

-dynasty mode with A-ball players

-better/more frequent roster updates thru EA Sports

-real players in minor leagues

-I like the idea someone already posted of more of a franchise mode than a dynasty mode where you can get sponsorship/improve the stadium, etc.

-axe that stupid CPU optimize roster

-axe the display with power numbers vs lefty/righty when the batter first comes up in a dynasty, just show the stats

-show more detail in the stats during the game not just (0-1).. show the batting average, homers, RBI totals

-make the announcers talk more about performance/history of players.. (i.e. if the a player is struggling have the announcers talk about that, or if a player is making his major league debut: talk about it)

-better music, it's all rock music.. use more popular music

-use better celebrations by fans when their team wins/homers.. i.e. signature things unique to stadiums.. such as the train at Minute Maid Park

-make announcers talk about the distance of homers

-when someone gets an outfield assist on a double play for example.. don't have the announcers talk about a standard 4-6-3 double play

-on deck/in the hole players

-base coaches

-more realistic looking players

-less predictable AI for CPU

-axe the display with power numbers vs lefty/righty when the batter first comes up in a dynasty, just show the stats

dude, all due respect, you're nuts. this is a necessary item. how do you pitch? this is one of the most useful reminders in the game.

-show more detail in the stats during the game not just (0-1).. show the batting average, homers, RBI totals

i agree with this. muchly.

well for my players it's useless when I'm in a dynasty.. who needs to look at it

oh, you are talking about your own players... i can see your point. however, for the opposing players, it's a huge help to me to see their contact, power, and speed numbers at least the first time up, which is an option in the game. especially as the dynasty gets older and you have players you never heard of before.

i'd be loathe to see that feature go. maybe i'm a crazy dumb person though ;)

Archived