The Official MVP 2005 Wishlist Thread

Trues

if u ask me the first thing they have to do is fix the thing with lefty batters its horrable. also in the minors make real players and if its to hard to do just get rid of them all and all and take that space to work on some of the more serious problems in the game. also make a real HR derby. wtf was that distance thing. get rid of pitcher showdown. o yea put the HR derby if u make it in the season like a real all star game. get some new announcers and some new lines. get the catcher to throw th eball back to the pitcher. create a team uniform stadium(do i need to explain) and 1 more thing u should be able to hire and fire urte manager u really think some1 like for example the former mets manger Art howe is gona live for a 120 years cmon be realistic.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see the inclusion an option called "official score keeper overide" so that you could change the ruling of a play. A lot of fielder's choice's are ruled as hits and some great diving attempts are called errors, not to mention the operator error on some grounders really should be called errors. I realize some clowns would throw 100 consectutive no hitters but it would add more realism to the game IMO.

(I came back just to do this)

1. Get rid of the error with the graphics on Intel Graphic Cards, you don't know how annoying having to play with the color white intensely highlighted was.

2. Minor League stadiums, AAA at least.

3. Managers that make a difference, having Joe Torre or Bobby Cox as a manager is alot better then having, say, Joe Shlablotnik (that was the most obscure pop culture reference I've ever done). So you should be able to have to fire, hire, and negeotiate with your managers. So, let's say that your AAA Manager (who would either be computer generated or Player created) just won the AAA title. But your manager in the majors was barely able to make .400, much less 500. You'd be able to promote your AAA manager. And you'd be able to fire your manager. Same thing would go with base coaches.

4. Mascots (Cause you can't have Philly without the Phanatic)

5. More classic player teams! In addition to the 2 in 2004. They're should be a team of players from the 80s and 90s (Cal Ripken Jr., Mark Mcgwire, Tony Gwynn, Mike Schmidt, Pete Rose... okay, maybe not Pete Rose...).

6. Okay, by 2010 there will be 2 new stadiums in the league, the new Busch Stadium and whatever stadium the Washington team builds. So I propose that these 2 stadiums be included, and, in dynasty mode, if your doing the Cards or the Nats, you move to them after a certain year.

7. Be able to argue with the ump.

8. Create-A stadium, but, by the way, this would have to be more like building a house in The Sims then the way you build a stadium in, say, Madden.

9. Have Barry Bonds be the cover guy, why? A. Paying Barry up would allow you to use him in the game. And B. He's the best player since Willie Mays, he screams "be put on a video game".

10. Have a Hall of Fame function, so as players retire they enter the hall of fame.

11. Expansion mode

12. There should be a option in Dynasty mode that makes you the Owner of the team, so you can't get fired.

13. Have attendence be a factor, if your teams not good on the field, then less people will come. But if you get better, then.....

14. Be able to do promotions in Dynasty Mode. Attendance sagging? BOBBLEHEAD NIGHT! Or even better, have promotions that are unique to the area. Like in Minnesota, you can have a Homer Hankie promotion. Or in Baltimore, it's free crab cakes. Or in Tampa Bay, it's senior citizens night....

15. Record books. Declare that so-and-so has just broken the record for most HRs in a season (of course, unless if Bonds is put in, they'd just say "And he's just broken the single season HR record, formerly set by you know who."

16. Have a talk radio show in between days, hosted by...... I have no idea.

17. Newspapers in addition to E-mails. The National Paper: I have no idea. The local paper: What the local paper of the team you are is.

18. WEATHER.

19. HOME RUN DERBY.

20. DUring the All-star game, have each player wear their team's jerseys.

21. Every team (with a few exceptions, like Tampa Bay) should have a "classic" stadium. So for example, You'd have Tiger Stadium for the Tigers, Ebbets field for the Dodgers, etc. etc.

22. Relocation mode, if you want to, you could relocate your team to any AAA city where you'd either use that city's AAA stadium OR would build a create-a-stadium. You could also move to Montreal (Olympic Stadium), San Juan (Hiram Bithorn, which would be kept in the game for the sole purpose of possible relocations) or Tokyo (Tokyo Dome, which would be placed in the game for the annual "Opening Day in Tokyo" game).

How'd they be able to stuff all this stuff in? Simple, it'd be 2 discs (at least!) for PC. And it'd be 2 or so discs for the Big 3 Consoles. For consoles, one disc would have everything needed to play Dynasty Mode, while the other disc would have everything needed for everything else.

More soon maybe.

I agree with a lot of what's posted here. Reading through the wishlist makes me realize how many things I actually don't like about this game.

They seriously need to change the menu interface. And they need to learn a lot from OOTP about making it simpler to organize a franchise. There's something about how difficult it is to work with stats in this game that's awful.

I favor improving these sorts of things over added quirks (mascots, etc.) since you really have to focus your efforts. I'm not very confident they're going to drastically improve anything and unless I hear some very positive reviews I won't be buying.

Oh, one other thing I didn't see mentioned that should be pretty simple: you should be able to import your own music tracks a la NHL.

(I came back just to do this)

3. Managers that make a difference, having Joe Torre or Bobby Cox as a manager is alot better then having, say, Joe Shlablotnik (that was the most obscure pop culture reference I've ever done). So you should be able to have to fire, hire, and negeotiate with your managers. So, let's say that your AAA Manager (who would either be computer generated or Player created) just won the AAA title. But your manager in the majors was barely able to make .400, much less 500. You'd be able to promote your AAA manager. And you'd be able to fire your manager. Same thing would go with base coaches.

More soon maybe.

Another thing to add to that would be able to alternate positions. Say for example your team was hitting .240 at the AS break, and you didnt want to fire your hitting coach, so you could switch your hitting coach with 3rd base, 1st base, bench coach etc. or bring one of your minor league coaches up. Also the ability to have a minor league manager become a non managerial coach in the big leagues would be good. Also another good thing to have is a coaches free agent pool where players who just retired or real coaches that are currently jobless are there to hire.

In the create a player option, how about have the team that the person is signed to wear that teams hat instead of the generic one. Also how about some height restrictions for players depending on their position. For example, there are way too many 6'6, 6'7 catchers in the draft and too many 5'9,5'10, and 5'11 first baseman in the draft.

I will say this again-Drop the "bent" stance as the generic stance if EA is too lazy to find what the players stance actually looks like. The "bent" stance is unreal.

If I missed this forgive me, but..........a box score that can be recognized as a MAJOR LEAGUE boxscore! That's the one thing I miss about HighHeat, the boxscore.

Make the boxscore exportable to a text file too, and show other games boxscores instead of linescores in DyanstyMode.

Regards;

If I missed this forgive me, but..........a box score that can be recognized as a MAJOR LEAGUE boxscore! That's the one thing I miss about HighHeat, the boxscore.

Make the boxscore exportable to a text file too, and show other games boxscores instead of linescores in DyanstyMode.

Regards;

A very good suggestion!

Here's a few things I woould like to see: (These have probably been discussed already)

1) Stadiums: EA has done a good job with each team's stadiums, making each stadium look like it's own, and they have certainly came a long way since Triple Play Baseball. However, they still lack a few things that make each stadium their own. For instance, the way each stadium cuts the grass. I love to watch a game on TV and see the patterns on the field. EA has the same grass patterns for each field. It's like they just copied and pasted. US Cellular and Jacobs Field usually have the Stripe pattern (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/index.jsp), Fenway has the Sox logo, and the artificial turf must be darker, especially the ones with the fake grass (Minnesota, Tampa Bay). I would like to see the coaches box not be filled in with dirt, rather with grass. Again, this relates to each stadium having the same grass and dirt files. I think only Fenway has a dirt coaches box. Also, on the topic of coaches, how about 1B/3B coaches. It wouldn't be that hard to do. EA already has a file for managers, why not put a few more people. EA introduced the dugout this year with good sucess. I like it when the players show emotion after something, sometimes manager too. I would like to see more people in the dugout though (seems kind of empty), more coaches in there, maybe trainers, batboy, etc. I would really like to see the scoreboards working properly. Have the display look real, not that crappy grid that is in every park. Have Fenway's Green Monster scoreboard/linesocre thing work. Also, have more realistic ads. I like how EA made the option for modders to put ads into the game, but that can only be done by changing the ones already there. The issue is that EA copies ads, same one in multile places, not realistic when you mod the stadium. They need individual ads, fake or not, for each spot their is an ad. I know EA probably doesn't want to pay a lot of $ to put ads in the game (FOX, Bud, etc,), but it would be nice to see.

1) More injuires. This is the one thing that kills dynasty play. It is too common to see players play 162 games (when simming). That's almost unheardof. I know a few players did it (Tejada, Damon a couple years ago), but it's not real. Have an endurance attribute, where after you play a couple games in a row, your batting attributes drop a little, fielding too, and when you rest a little, they go up. THe better player you are, probably the more endurance. Maybe tie in with players sitting too long, their attributes drop a little. This can tie into your manager's rating too, making sure everyone plays. EA needs some day-to-day injuires too, like a pulled muscle, bruised bones, etc, which can escalate when players don't sit once in a while. This will let others play.

I have read the posts and everyone has great ideas, some far-fetched, but great ideas nonetheless. I hope EA is reading this board. These are dynamite.

the main improvement i'd like to see is the ability to play scheduled league games with any team in franchise - not just with one team. does the average baseball fan only watch one team's games throughout the year and doesn't pay any attention to the other teams? - NO until ea changes this, this will just be another joystick thumb jockey game that's good for something to do if you don't care about saving standings and stats for a season

Il like To See the fights more realistic. Not no get off the bench and stay in the field 4 like 2 secs and get back on like nothing happens. They should do some work on the A-Rod Varietek fight and try to apply some things from that to MVP

First you have to be able to fire and hire a hitting coach. Good point. get rid of that dam bent stance it suks. I got Jose Reyes an upright hitter bending down ready to take a $h1t lol. Get rid of it. MAKE THE REAL STANCES.

Il like To See the fights more realistic. Not no get off the bench and stay in the field 4 like 2 secs and get back on like nothing happens. They should do some work on the A-Rod Varietek fight and try to apply some things from that to MVP

why don't you just get a hockey game?

Archived