The Official MVP 2005 Wishlist Thread

Trues

Following Kccitystar's suggestion from another thread, I thought I'd make it official :)

My list would include the following in no particular order:

1. 40 Man Rosters

2. Spreadsheet style lineup and roster menus

3. More foul balls

4. Pitch accuracy slider

More responsive sliders overall meaning a 0-10 scale where 0 actually means 0. So say if the contact slider was on 0 it would be almost impossible to make any contact at all. It's just way to easy to make contact the way it is now.

That's it for now..

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plays / Player of the game. WEATHER ! Better comentary, 40 man rosters, Axe the damn" xxxx lineup does not have the min. amount of players would you like the cpu tp optimize your roster?" & "xxxx does not have a five man rotation and a closer would you like the cpu to optimize your lineup?" God I hate that dam thing if you click yes 9 outa 10 times it just changes back everthing it took you 15 minutes to fix. 40 man would cure that I guess but axe that option it blows.

I know its a post rip, but hell its my post:

Graphics

-Retractable Roof Stadiums that actually work, and if it rains, (see below), if it rains, have a dialogue menu that asks you if you choose to close the roof or leave it open.

-Different weather conditions, like cloudy skies, rain, snow, clear, dusk, etc. the sky always looks like a damn painting

-Weather having an effect on gameplay, like rain would affect grass and ball speed on the field, darken dirt, muddy cleats, etc

-Improve uniform quality just a tad

-More of a TV-Like presentation, like ESPN has with ESPN MLB, try using a FOX type overlay, I mean you took their music and rearranged a few notes here and there, you might as well take thier overlay and tweak a few things here and there also, lol

-Make the GUI a bit smaller, similar to madden/nba live

-Fix/add animations for everything in the game, such as player faces, emotion, celebrations....

-Improved 3D areas, I want to look past the field and say, "hey thats the building for prudential, or hey thats the court from 161st street." I want the surroundings to be active too, like they have the subway near yankee stadium, I want trains to come/go. I want the water by PNC to be moving at a realistic pace. I want to see people on kayaks by SBC waiting for bonds err Dowd to smack a bomb to McCovey cove.

Fun Features to add, misc.

-Walkoff shots...I want to be able to see my homerun when I know I hit the ball a mile. I want my batter to do his signature trot or hop or celebration when he goes to round the bases.

-Improved team celebrations, like the team, coaches, etc applauding on a well timed hit or when you come through in the clutch, etc.

-Curtain Calls...if my guy has a great game going in front of the hometown fans, the man should tip his cap, etc.

-Improve audio for everything. When I play the game, I want to hear hit-making artists, like they have for NBA Live, I want to hear somebody remix an old song with baseball terminology. I don't want to hear no "up and coming" artists. I mean I want to hear songs on there that are potential hits by well known artists.. remember TP 98 back in the day? man they had a badass song on there.

The stadium crowd, that needs to be re-done just a bit. Now that the crowd audio reflects on what team is playing which, lets just improve the situation audio...if its a late inning game and nobody has scored, the crowd should start to go into a frenzy. If it's a pitchers duel, i.e. Pedro Martinez vs. Clemens or whatever, the crowd should be into it.

Now, the commentary...ohhh the commentary. They have a good play by play team in Krukow and Kuiper, they keep the game going, but they have to keep talking as if it were a conversation, like alot of PBP guys do behind the booth in real life.

-The game should have more customizable options, such as real quickplay, which is just a broken down version of exhibition mode, with no extra animations, and no replays of anything, just fast gaming for you. 2005 should also have a way more in depth player editor. You should be able to edit the guy's face completely, from the nose down to the chin.

-All-Time Teams, like Madden, and they should have teams from a certain time where they were successful, like the 1998 Yankees, or the 2001 Mariners, etc.

-Much more in depth dynasty mode. Check MLB 2005. That's a real franchise. You should be able to control the financial part of your team. For example, you should be able to control TV deals, advertising, newspaper coverage, stadium prices for items, etc. The more money you make depends on how you get people to come to see your team perform. For example, if your team has a bunch of hurt players, like the D'Backs, you can purchase a rehabilitation area in the stadium, or you can help players build up strength buy adding a weight room in the stadium.

If people don't go to see you play by your W/L record, get them to come by making things easier for the fans, like lowering ticket prices, etc.

-Stadium Building. I know that alot of us want to build stadiums, but how about just upgrading the existing ones and if you still have money left over on your payroll or as a team, you can use that as funding for a new facility. You should also have relocation if your area doesn't attract any fans. The stadium editor should be complex because thats how real stadium building is...

Gameplay, Rosters, Etc.

Nothing really needs to be improved, except a few things:

-Better Stat Tracking. Statistics are a crucial part of a game and they let a managen know how successfull a player is vs. an opponent. I want to know how good was he before this season, and the season before that, etc.

-Be able to play a dynasty without having to worry about you getting fired if your team isn't performing well.

-Ability to hire your coaching staff/hire old greats to help the team

-Periodical Updates during the season, such as opening day, 1/4 of the season, post all-star, trade deadline, waiver period, then pre-playoff time.

-Fans. You can't forget the fans. Have the fans wear their team's jerseys, team gear, etc... and show at least a cutscene after a homerun showing the fans cheering, etc.

honorable mention:

-Fix the damn CPU AI, especially during dynasty mode. I guess they get call-up/send-down happy during the season.

-Player fatigue, if your guy is tired, give him a day off and put somebody else from the bench...

-On Deck batters

-First/Third base coaches

-Seamless animations, like MLB 2005, each animation is never the same as the last.

-More animations. I want to be able to create a batting stance, or modify an existing one.

-Bring back Face In The Game!!

-In Depth scouting reports...I'm pretty sure everybody wants to know how this guy hits with RISP and how he hits vs this pitcher

-they should have the game save a playing profile of yourself so the CPU loads up your playing profile and plays EXACTLY how you play. It helps you strengthen your weaknesses.

-40 Man rosters during pre/post-season, playoffs

-Create-A-Team

-Expansion Draft for that created team

-More player ratings

-Total league control

-Take the EA Sports Radio and Newspaper thing from madden and put it in 2005

-Realistic swings, Sheffield's swing is faster/shorter than lets say, A-rod

there we go. the end.

EDIT: We should send a well phrased letter to EA about this...email that Brent Nielsen guy

gameplay, gameplay, gameplay.

we can fix the rest, but i would really like to see them update the stadiums to their current form. there is just no excuse for some of the things that they left out.

Here are a couple of things that I would really like to see fixed.

1. GET SOME TESTERS THAT ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. "LEFTY AND STEALING GLITCHES", NEED I SAY MORE?

2. A pitcher control slider.

3. Player stamina that effects "in-game" play.

4. Change the swing system. I would prefer they put their major time in upgrading the batting system. I think that EA has had a great start, but they really need to refine it.

5. I would like to see some improvement in the commentary. The guys they use are ok, but they need more lines to read. They should use a little emotion as well. When I here Duane Kiper call a homerun, i want to hear Duane Kiper call a HOMERUN. The announcing on the game doesn't sound anything like listening to an actual broadcast. (Adding Joe Morgan or Rick Sutcliffe as the color man would be a good idea. Dan Shulman and Rick Sutcliffe would be a great duo for MVP 2005)

6. Allow for shorter dynasty season's such as 81 game seasons.

7. Multi-player dynasty.

8. I wouldn't mind seeing them dump the minor league teams if that meant improving other things such as more sliders, better batting, harder pitching, better graphics, smoother framerate.

9. Post game highlights in a "Baseball Tonight" type show.

10. All Time teams.

11. More uniforms, gloves, bats, player faces, etc.

12. Actually putting every active player in the MLBPA in the game which they said they did, but did not even come close.

13. Custom soundtracks.

14. Contact Geforce to do the player ratings.

:D

man I could go on forever.

EA, please do not rush this title. We would all much rather wait for a bug free, perfected game. Take your time and do it right so that we don't need patches next season. Having to wait for 2 months after a purchase to play the game the way it was suppossed to be played is a little silly.

I think some of the players like Manny and Vlad should have a bunch of pine tar on their helmet. And you should be able to edit that when you edit a player. When you edit a player they could have: 1 ear helmet, 2 ear helmet for the switch hitters like Bellhorn,and pine tar helmet. I think you should be able to create a team. There needs to be more broken bats in the game. When you hit a home run I want to be able to see where it lands instead of having to go to instant replay after every home run.

i have a few things i'd like to see and they're as listed (mainly batting techniques and stuff like that) ...

1. Derek Jeters whiplash swing on the back swing when he swings the bat.

2. Barry Bonds', Gary Sheffield's and Ruben Sierra's barrel head down after a homerun swing, like how they open up and the head of the bat plants to the ground.

3. Ruben Sierra's homerun "stutter-step" trot around 2nd and 3rd base.

4. Kenny Lofton's annoying bat lay down after a walk, when he lays the bat down in front of homeplate and pisses off catcher/umps.

5. Ken Griffey Jr.'s sweet upper cut swing on a pitch in his wheelhouse.

6. Sammy Sosa's hipity hop down the first base line after hitting a homerun.

7. Pete Rose on the Hero's/Legends team with his signature flying horizontal third base slide.

8. Flash Gordon's point to God on the walk after getting the third out.

9. Anger in the dugouts, like when the announcers say "So and so is 0 for his last 21," and the batter gets out again, have him banging and slamming or something in the dugout.

10. BALL-BOYS!

11. More in-depth mound charges.

12. A little more realistic fan base. Every stadium has the same fans? Come on now.

13. Actually show injuries; like say someone dives, and they're hurt, show them like laying on the ground, or being helped off by teammates.

14. A-Rod's one handed opposite field hits.

15. Someone closers backround music like Mariano's "Enter-Sandman" or whatever song it is they play for Gagne, and his Game-Over signs.

16. Vlad's disgustingly pine-tarish helmet ... which I don't understand how that's possible in Anaheim ... he hasn't even been there a year and his helmet is filthy.

17. Hair recreations such as Weavers west shore surfer haircut, Cabrera's former afromuff haircut, Manny's occasional braids hair cut, etc.,.

18. First base and Third base coaches.

19. REAL manager emotions, like when you hit a walk off homerun, Torre's emotion is the same as if a player gets ejected. In the game, a walk off homerun results in Torre jumping up and down.

20. More in-depth running techniques, like Pete Rose's flying slides, Enrique Wilson's full speed wabble, players who slide into first base, Ichiro's lightning speed.

21. Bubble-gum for those who use it, like Javy Vazquez blowing a bubble before almost every pitch.

I know a lot of these are next to impossible and seem a little selfish to ask for, but I like my games as real as possible, these are just suggestions.

2005 WISH LIST:

into the classics/old time, as many of us are:

* DO NOT take out anything

* add 50 - 100 more (keep the currents) Hall OF Fame players

* add a few more classic stadiums (ebbets, etc.)

* 2-3 choices for retro uniforms for most teams

* to have best of five or seven game series/playoff matches

with teams you choose

* to be able to customize leagues. 16, 8 team leagues, etc.

* TO BE ABLE TO UPLOAD any roster/league file from mvp 2004 to

* contoll of ALL teams in the league

PLEASE consider!

Also:

this is a little different, but for the game to have an 'automatic walk'

selection meaning (only if chosen or turned 'ON' like errors, etc.) for

random walks to players. there are simply not enough walks and many people who

play are not patient pitching and batting. nothing too extensive, but- so that

it happens after a 'pitch'. based of course on pitcher control and the batters

on base %. of course nobody wants to walk batters and

may feel this may be not for them. but, as in real baseball nobody walks

players too often on purpose. they happen and are often part of rallies.

just a thought. but of course the 'option' to turn it on or off.

Thank You

i have a few things i'd like to see and they're as listed (mainly batting techniques and stuff like that) ...

2. Barry Bonds', Gary Sheffield's and Ruben Sierra's barrel head down after a homerun swing, like how they open up and the head of the bat plants to the ground.

4. Kenny Lofton's annoying bat lay down after a walk, when he lays the bat down in front of homeplate and pisses off catcher/umps.

7. Pete Rose on the Hero's/Legends team with his signature flying horizontal third base slide.

9. Anger in the dugouts, like when the announcers say "So and so is 0 for his last 21," and the batter gets out again, have him banging and slamming or something in the dugout.

10. BALL-BOYS!

12. A little more realistic fan base. Every stadium has the same fans? Come on now.

13. Actually show injuries; like say someone dives, and they're hurt, show them like laying on the ground, or being helped off by teammates.

15. Someone closers backround music like Mariano's "Enter-Sandman" or whatever song it is they play for Gagne, and his Game-Over signs.

16. Vlad's disgustingly pine-tarish helmet ... which I don't understand how that's possible in Anaheim ... he hasn't even been there a year and his helmet is filthy.

17. Hair recreations such as Weavers west shore surfer haircut, Cabrera's former afromuff haircut, Manny's occasional braids hair cut, etc.,.

19. REAL manager emotions, like when you hit a walk off homerun, Torre's emotion is the same as if a player gets ejected. In the game, a walk off homerun results in Torre jumping up and down.

20. More in-depth running techniques, like Pete Rose's flying slides, Enrique Wilson's full speed wabble, players who slide into first base, Ichiro's lightning speed.

21. Bubble-gum for those who use it, like Javy Vazquez blowing a bubble before almost every pitch.

I know a lot of these are next to impossible and seem a little selfish to ask for, but I like my games as real as possible, these are just suggestions.

#19 about Joe Torre is un-realistic....I don't think any manager would Jump up and down just because they've won 1 game...

#21.... I wouldn't want to waste my time watching anyone blow a bubble....why would you want that?

But I guess the others are good.....but I don't think the Yankees should get that kind of treatment....If there is something that only 1 person does...it should never be on this game....cuz its dumb cuz you can only have it for that player.

but you fail to remember here guest, i'm a huge yankee fan, so i notice yankees tweaks more than i notice any other teams tweaks ... i still notice griffey's and sosa's and bonds' tweaks because they're all over TV ... if you would like, i'll analyze one sports center, all the different tweaks players on different teams have, than i'll get back to here, but until than, get off my back, i was just making suggestions.

P.S. - Players run out on the field after a walk-off homerun, in case you haven't noticed, but with the yankees, Torre casually walks out, or doesn't even walk out, he certainly doesn't leap up and down, pumping his fists. and also i know the bubble gum suggestion was a bit left handed, but whatever, it's another yankee tweak i notice.

but you fail to remember here guest, i'm a huge yankee fan, so i notice yankees tweaks more than i notice any other teams tweaks ... i still notice griffey's and sosa's and bonds' tweaks because they're all over TV ... if you would like, i'll analyze one sports center, all the different tweaks players on different teams have, than i'll get back to here, but until than, get off my back, i was just making suggestions.

P.S. - Players run out on the field after a walk-off homerun, in case you haven't noticed, but with the yankees, Torre casually walks out, or doesn't even walk out, he certainly doesn't leap up and down, pumping his fists. and also i know the bubble gum suggestion was a bit left handed, but whatever, it's another yankee tweak i notice.

the only porblem I had w/ #19 as the Torre part....not the celebration.

I also forgot to mention that the blades of grass aren't all cut the same way, and that the light bulbs at yankee stadium should have the exact wattage.

the grass isn't green enough, and chlorine must be added at the BOB pool so it can stay clean.

cmon guys think. The core gameplay needs to be fixed up a bit, THEN you can add the fancy features and stuff

10. BALL-BOYS!

It sounds more like you want the game to have quirks instead of features.

i fancy a VERY realistic game, 2004 came pretty damn close, but all the batters have the same back swing and follow through, soriano and griffey don't have their patented upper cut swings ... the only player in 2004 who has their swing and follow through accurately recreated to a science is Ichiro ... i fancy and extreme realistic game, and like i stated, mvp 2004 came close, but i crave more, sorry if i sound picky, that's just me

i fancy a VERY realistic game, 2004 came pretty damn close, but all the batters have the same back swing and follow through, soriano and griffey don't have their patented upper cut swings ... the only player in 2004 who has their swing and follow through accurately recreated to a science is Ichiro ... i fancy and extreme realistic game, and like i stated, mvp 2004 came close, but i crave more, sorry if i sound picky, that's just me

Don't forget forfeit wins for the Yanks during natural disasters

man shut the [naughty word] up, you're acting like a little kid, i put that reply last week and you gotta track it down and make your witty ten year old remark, well shut the [naughty word] up

actaully it was 3 days ago, not a week, so not much "digging" was needed

...I think we have a record though for person who likes to use the most [naughty words], that's real mature...

P.S. This is my first, and probably last personal attack on you, the rest is solely in the direction of the New York Yankees who I, as well as America not including Half the State of NY, despise for various reasons. NOT cause they win, but because they symbolize everything that is wrong with baseball (greedy players, buying championships, no salary cap, steroids, etc...) If you take this issues personally, then maybe you should take a hard look at the team you root for and re-evaluate...

Now lets get back to talking about what we want in next years game please... and i'm talking about realistic requests not wise cracks like "They should put a Steroid Attribute for players like Giambi and Bonds that can put players skills abouve 100"

...oh, oooops

Archived