• Atlanta Braves
    • Florida Marlins
    • New York Mets
    • Other

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's get a win, eh?

Yeah, it's about time to stop messing around - too many teams still in the hunt to be going on any losing streaks :D

C'mon man hurry up! The suspense is killing us. (It's more exciting than the real year!)

BTW nice work on your reports and updates. You do any sports writing before?

Glad you're enjoying it and thanks for the compliment. I actually do have experience writing AP-style press releases and recaps. I try to carry that over into my dynasties on this site in a more laid-back form.

An update for those following:

Surprise, surprise...computer crash (using a library computer right now). It doesn't look serious enough that it jeopardized the dynasty file, but my computer won't stay on more than a couple minutes before it restarts itself. Looks like a reinstall is needed. Luckily, I run Windows on its own hard drive so I can do a reinstall without deleting programs and the like.

I'm out of town for a week, but should get it up and running when I get back. Then we'll pick up where we left off. :D

Thanks for following guys - sorry about the delay!

D'oh!

Well glad to hear that the season isn't a total loss and that you didn't lose any files, dynasty included.

Will look back in next week. (My own season isn't going as well: 32-38 so far, though I'm on PS2 so I still have the old rosters.)

Quick update while I'm near a computer:

I'm doing more traveling than I orginially planned and, short of a brief return home later this week, will be out of town through Thanksgiving. Looking at a late-November, early-December window now with regards to continuing this dynasty.

Sorry for the delay - have a happy Thanksgiving if I don't catch up with you guys before then!

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Godammit.

Well, I lied. It's going to be another week or so as the computer doesn't think it's got Direct 9 or hardware acceleration anymore, despite what the system says...therefore keeping it from starting MVP.

Obviously a reinstall would be great, but it's not finding my hard drive; the same hard drive that it's using to load windows...gg computer. Something to do with SATA and RAID and something or whatnot - I'm too computer retarded to understand.

Anyway, I'm going to take it back to the nerds when I get the chance - probably late next week. This is going to get finished...it just might take awhile :headache:

Again, thanks for your patience.

Archived