• Pittsburgh Pirates
    • Chicago Cubs
    • Houston Astros
    • Atlanta Braves
    • Florida Marlins
    • New York Mets
    • Other

[align=center]bannerturnthepagetu9.png[/align]

Over the course of the next ___ pages, I plan to rebuild the San Francisco Giants, a team that was once a perennial contender but now sits at the bottom of the NL West.

In the past, Giants management has tried to build around Barry Bonds with veteran baseball players. It is obvious now that a new path needs to be followed. With Bonds departure, the shift is being made towards a younger team with the focus on pitching and defense. With Matt Cain and Tim Lincecum anchoring a young, effective pitching staff, the Giants have a solid starting point to build on.

However, the Giants offense is, quite frankly, atrocious. Now, with Bonds leaving, a big hole will need to be plugged. Whether that's through free agency or a trade, a power bat is high on the long list of needs for the San Francisco Giants.

I plan to continue this dynasty through a couple of years, with the following goals:

1) Reach the playoffs

2) Win the Giants first pennant since 2002

3) Win the Giants first WS since 1954

Should be fun. It'll have the same style as my past dynasties. I plan on keeping the payroll around where it is now, so there won't be a massive influx of superstars.

This dynasty begins in November 2007. I simmed through the 2007 season and will post the results soon. I had CPU trades off for the sim, but will turn them back on for the offseason and subsequent years.

Hope you enjoy. Let's see if we can turn this thing around!

--sfgiantsflgators

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bannerturnthepagetu9.png

September 30, 2007

Bonds Homers in Final At-Bat, Giants Finish '07 with Victory

Over 'Bums

LOS ANGELES - In front of a sell-out crowd at "The Latrine," Barry Bonds sent all the Dodgers fans in

attendance home mad as hell when he defiantly homered in his final at-bat as a San Francisco Giant

in the eight inning.

With the Giants out of contention but the Los Angeles Dodgers needing a win to take the NL West

crown, Bonds and the Giants took full advantage of the opportunity to play spoiler, taking the final

game of 2007 11-7 over their hated rivals. Bonds home run off lefty Joe Beimel sealed the Dodgers fate.

The win put the Giants at 82-80, just five games out of first place in the West. More importantly than

the Giants first winning season since 2004, however, was that their victory forced the Dodgers into a

one-game playoff with San Diego for the division crown.

bannerturnthepagetu9.png

October 1, 2007

Padres Take Division with 8-2 Victory

LOS ANGELES - After a loss to the rival San Francisco Giants yesterday, the Los Angeles Dodgers

settled for a wild card berth with an 8-2 loss to the San Diego Padres. The win gives the Padres their

third straight division crown. It's the second straight year that the Dodgers and Padres finished in a

tie for the division crown.

San Diego will host the Chicago Cubs in the first round of the 2007 playoffs. Los Angeles will head to

New York to face the Mets.

How did you get it so Bonds didn't retire?

To be truthful, I haven't begun the offseason part yet. So he could retire, he could go to the Bums...no idea.

Once the offseason starts, the main focus will be on rebuilding post-Bonds. Sure, there will be updates to the team he goes to, if he reaches 3,000 hits next season...or if he retires. But really not all that much more than any other superstar player updates.

98% of this will be about what the Giants do to get back to contention.

I think I heard somewhere that if you save it before you enter the offseason, and keep redoing it from the begginning (load again if he retires), eventually he will stay in the league. However, I'm not sure about that.
yes i have done that and it works, but it does take a long time sometimes

Archived