• Houston Astros
    • Atlanta Braves
    • Florida Marlins
    • New York Mets
    • Other

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonds a Cubbie. Lou has already had some health issues in JR's dynasty, looks like he is going to have more with the Cubs in your dynasty - I just hope he can survive for the whole season. :smile:

Lou has issues eating his pop tarts in the morning - this is nothing new :D

And JR, the real issue will come when Bonds wants to trade his locker for Pinella's office...

The Cubs will either put up 1,000 runs this year...or they will lose 100 games. Might do both?

...so I'm going to make a list of players the Giants are inviting to camp, then simming until Opening Day.

Well, I half lied. Forgot how long it takes to un-f up everything the computer changes with your rosters.

So I simmed through spring training and will post the Opening Day rosters for all the teams, plus a couple of press releases involving major injuries that occured.

Then we'll be ready for Opening Day, probably tomorrow night - if not, Sunday...I'll be tailgating at the Royals Fan Appreciation Day all day Saturday :D

Hernia Could Knock Garciaparra Out for Season

LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Dodgers announced today that Mr. Hamm, Nomar Garciaparra, could miss the entire season with a hernia the veteran suffered last week.

Garciaparra, 34, led the Dodgers to the playoffs last season, hitting .305 with 26 home runs and 103 RBI. It was Garciaparra's highest home run and RBI totals since 2003 when he hit 28 and drove in 105 with the Red Sox.

Early word is that Andy LaRoche will get the nod over Mike Lamb at third. If he starts, LaRoche will be making his major league debut on Opening Day.

Teixeira Expected to Miss Season After Shoulder Surgery

ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves announced today that first baseman Mark Teixeira underwent surgery to repair a torn shoulder muscle and could miss the entire 2008 season.

Teixeira, 27, was acquired by the Braves last season in a trade with the Texas Rangers. The switch-hitting slugger hit .277 with career-lows in home runs (22) and RBI (62). It snapped a three-year span in which Teixeira posted at least 30 home runs while driving in at least 100 runs.

There has been no indication on who will start at first for the Braves on Opening Day.

Spring Training Signings - AL East

Baltimore Orioles

Dustin Hermanson, RP

Karim Hernandez, 2B

John Rodriguez, RF

Boston Red Sox

Elmer Dessens, RP

Mark Sweeney, 1B

New York Yankees

Mark Bellhorn, 2B

Adam Bernero, RP

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Joe Chacin, 2B

Augie Ojeda, SS

Cesar Rigdon, 1B

Tanyon Sturtze, RP

Toronto Blue Jays

Aaron Herr, 3B

Grant Hill, 1B

Spring Training Signings - NL West

San Francisco Giants

None

Arizona Diamondbacks

Jose Hernandez, 3B

Jose Offerman, 1B

Colorado Rockies

Joaquin Benoit, RP

Juan Dominguez, RP

Jason Taylor, 3B

Los Angeles Dodgers

Traded Sergio Garcia (2B) to WAS for Seth Bynum (SS)

Callix Crabbe, 2B

San Diego Padres

David Bell, 3B

Alex Cintron, SS

Spring Training Signings - NL East

Atlanta Braves

None

Florida Marlins

Brian Meadows, RP

Luis Rodriguez, SS

New York Mets

Trent Durrington, 2B

Greg Jacobs, LF

Jason Smith, 3B

Philadelphia Phillies

Edgar Gonzalez, 2B

Todd Greene, C

Jose Valentin, 2B

Washington Nationals

Traded Seth Bynum (SS) to LA for Sergio Garcia (2B)

Todd Hollandsworth, LF

Kevin Hooper, 2B

Too bad Teixeira is going to miss the whole season for the Braves. Hope you can get a game in before you go the tailgating. Take care and have fun.

Yeah, that's gonna put the Braves in a hell of a spot. Judging by their roster, it could be some guy they just drafted playing first on Opening Day.

My friend's getting that Lasix eye-thing done this afternoon, so I'm gonna give him a ride home. Looks more like Opening Day rosters tonight - game one Sunday. :D

Archived