Anyone else finding it difficult...

thr33niL

This is just to rant a bit I guess..

I haven't played a dynasty for a while and wanted to give it another go. Well I am hip deep in season one and was looking forward to having a nice realistic dynasty with my Mariners. Wanted to make a few moves but not completely revamp the team.

...I'm through June and my team is nothing like I started with and its not completely my fault. First off, I was losing like a madman out of the gate. Quickly locked up the cellar of the AL West and got my players all pist off. Then late in May I see all of these guys on the trading block that shouldn't be there. All these great prospects are on the block so I figure to deal some of the guys that are crying. The Dodgers are bugging the crap out of me to trade with them for Loney and LaRoche. After resisting for a while, I test the waters with a deal I thought they would never do. Richie Sexson for James Loney. ACCEPTED! -- what? OK. Good for me I guess.

So I keep playing and keep losing. Then I keep getting bombarded with trade talk. Cinci now wants to deal Bailey.. What!? So I figure that a bunch of my guys are still crying so why not go after Bailey and Griffey. I then again offer a deal they should refuse. Bailey, Griffey and Bruce for Guillen, Johjima and Adam Jones. No way right... ACCEPTED again! Not making much sense to me. So I'm starting to feel bad about it. Thinking to myself that I delving a little deep into fantasy baseball here.

I tell myself.. 'No more lopsided deals'. Lets try to make it a little realistic here. Betancourt then gets hurt for about a month and I am on the lookout for a SS. I figure I will pick up a journyman type FA to fill in til' he's back. Well as I check the FA pool I notice something completely stupid. David Price and Mike Moustakas apparently were released and are FAs. Now I'm completely plunged into fantasy baseball cause no way I can pass those two up.

Now I have a team comprised of a bunch of super prospects that I got dirt cheap (or for nothing)... and I haven't even hit the All-Star Break yet. If this isn't completely fictional enough, almost all my rookie players that haven't even seen a month in the bigs yet are throwing fits about their contracts. God I wish that EA could have consulted a MLB rule book when developing contract structure. Maybe they would have known what a guaranteed contract and service time was. I swear this is just a Madden dynasty without the helmets. I keep thinking all my underpaid guys are going to hold-out anytime now. Better hurry and get that first year guy a 10 million dollar contract. Ridiculous.

I really still love the gameplay and graphics of this game but the dynasties are hard to bear.

i find some stats to be unrealistic when you sim a season.....guys like willy taveras will have 20 HRs, no pitchers have ERAs under 3, and low rated pitcher seemingly always have better numbers then johan and company...I also think that player progression is WAY to high for hitters, and to low for pitchers...Even if a guy is 29 and not very good with a C potential, his power will go up 10 rating points...just minor observations

Do you have fair trades on or off?

Fair trades are on. I even went as far as to turn team chemistry off because about half my team is unhappy with their contracts.

I just think that the computer values money and vets far too much. Even prospects with 5 star ratings are tossed away like its no big deal. I guess I will continue on with my young gun team and see where it gets me. I have pretty tough settings and currently have the worst record in MLB. Only can go up from here.

It's probably more work than others want to put into it, but I use the team changer and mvp editor mods a lot for these same reasons. If a trade happens that is completely unrealistic, or I notice someone in free agency or signed by another team that shouldn't be available, I put everyone back where they should be.

Something that tends to help with regards to prospects and keeping them from being released is to make sure their contracts are for five or so years. It seems that the CPU is more relecutant to release a guy if they are going to take a hit to their budget for a few years.

It's probably more work than others want to put into it, but I use the team changer and mvp editor mods a lot for these same reasons. If a trade happens that is completely unrealistic, or I notice someone in free agency or signed by another team that shouldn't be available, I put everyone back where they should be.

Something that tends to help with regards to prospects and keeping them from being released is to make sure their contracts are for five or so years. It seems that the CPU is more relecutant to release a guy if they are going to take a hit to their budget for a few years.

Don't know why I didn't think of that. Will probably do that from now on so it doesn't get any further out of hand.

I just do a Fantasy Draft in the Dynasty and instead of drafting real high rated players I go with low budget players (players that are wearing college hats type players) but thing is I get stuck with low bank.

So I lose and didn't make it to the WS or even the post-season, the year I win the World Series and go from a 100K bank to a 4.10 bank then I have to resign a bunch of players and go out and click Auto Sign seeing that the CPU always makes smart moves signing the players with such low budget.

Archived