*Return to Dominance: an 06 Mariners Dynasty*

RaysFTW

marinerssigcopy.jpg

This dynasty is going to be a special one and probably one to remember on mvpmods. I do realize I have done very many dynasties, but I promise you that I will finish this one just like I finished my Rockies dynasty. I picked the Mariners because they have many great players such as Ichiro, Richie Sexson, Felix, and Meche. Also, the Mariners have a great young farm system, in which I can build upon. I don't plan to do many trades, but if I'm offered a trade that is an unbelievable trade, I may just do it. Also, the Mariners have a challenge upon them as they have a difficult path to the prize in a league full of powerhouses such as the Angels, Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, and Indians. I will play almost every single game. I may sim a game or so from every series here and there, but most games will be played. I hope you enjoy the games from this dynasty.

There is another aspect of this dynasty that I may present. I may have a player and have him be signed by a team and have journals, but that may be too much work, so I'll see. I'll have something in store such as a team moving to a different city, a player being in a movie, a player being offered to be general manager/player, a new commishioner, or all of these. I truely do hope you enjoy this dynasty and here is some of the basic settings of my dynasty.

Basic Information:

TOTAL CONVERSION MOD - MVP 06 - FINAL

DATAFILE - One that Came with MVP 06

SLIDERS - Custom Sliders

OTHER MODS - raindelay7's Universal Grass Changer, Homer's Seattle Mariners Jersey Pack

Game Setup:

Difficulty - All-Star

Fielding - Manual

Strikezone - On

Hot and cold zones - On

Pitch cursor - On

Hitter's eye - On

I do realize I have done very many dynasties, but I promise you that I will finish this one just like I finished my Rockies dynasty.

Are you talking about this one??? :headache:

This dynasty is going to be a special one and probably one to remember on mvpmods.

Yeah, good luck with that. :sleepy:

I'm not trying to be mean here, but, if you're not going to follow this dynasty and trash it, then why the hell do you post here. It just brings a pessimistic point in my mind.

Because you keep starting new dynasties, you clutter up the board, you use other people's templates, make unrealistic one-sided trades, put no effort into it, and you crave attention.

Or to put it in other terms, its because your a spammer.

Example:

There is another aspect of this dynasty that I may present. I may have a player and have him be signed by a team and have journals, but that may be too much work, so I'll see. I'll have something in store such as a team moving to a different city, a player being in a movie, a player being offered to be general manager/player, a new commishioner, or all of these. I truely do hope you enjoy this dynasty and here is some of the basic settings of my dynasty.

None of these are original, so I don't know how it will make this dynsaty memorable. You know what might make it memorable though? Actually playing the games.

Because you keep starting new dynasties, you clutter up the board, you use other people's templates, make unrealistic one-sided trades, put no effort into it, and you crave attention.

See, why the HELL are you posting in the thread if you're gonna trash me and my dynasty. Seriously, I try to make this dynasty as appealing as possible, but a**holes like you suck the fun out of it. So with utmost respect towards you, just don't follow my dynasties or post in 'em, okay?

GL with the dynasty, do what you want, dont pay attention to assholes who just bring it down

Yeah, thanks for the heads-up, man. There are a lot of haters around the forums.

I like that banner Kaz. Simple, but yet has an appeal to it. And I do wish for you to stick around with this and see it through till the end.

Thanks for the compliment, my friend. I'm just hoping this dynasty does reach its end despite the number of negative comments there have been. :)

I'm not trying to be mean here, but, if you're not going to follow this dynasty and trash it, then why the hell do you post here. It just brings a pessimistic point in my mind.

Not trying to be mean either, but forgive me if I'm a little skeptical about you actually finishing a dynasty. Furthermore, I didn't "trash" your dynasty, but simply commented on a few things you stated in your first post. If you can't handle criticism, then you might reconsider the purpose of this project.

how many diff have you started

This is his tenth attempt (not counting his Madden dynasty) since July 23.

Exactly.

You really dislike Kazmir don't you? lol

And I think he uses the lens flare so that you can see where the ball is, because it can be hard to locate in screen shots like that, especially when the resolution is low, at least that's why I do it when I have a ball in my screen shots.

Kaz -

I try not to comment negatively about what anyone does with their own dynasty, and I won't here either. Just a few words of advice.

I admire the passion that you bring to your dynasties, especially at the beginning. Your presentations are solid, your ideas are good, and you seem to genuinely want to fulfill your promise to finish it (them).

Unfortunately, it's obvious you quickly grow tired of the team that you've chosen, and move on to something else.

My point is this: Baseball is different from any sport that exists. It takes time for the game to develop. Weeks, months, and if a team is in a rebuilding mode, even years.

Players take time to develop. A player that goes 4-4 one day may wind up going 4-30 in his next 8 games. A good basketball player can drop 35 points consistently every night. A good running back will give you 100 yards a game, usually each game if he's decent.

Again, if you think in these terms, it's pretty interesting to see how the team and the players develop throughout an entire season. The great part about it is, good players usually level out, and there seems to always be surprises with players you wouldn't have expected it from.

But in the game of baseball, you have to endure the process to see the results. As far as posting, do it how you see fit. Presenting the dynasty on a daily basis is near impossible. Make sure you are ready and willing before making that commitment. Once a week, once a month, whatever you feel like.

Like I said, you have the tools to present a good, solid dynasty that people would be willing to follow. It's evident from a few that you started.

Alot of these issues I've pointed out are some that I'm sure you're aware of, I just thought I'd try to give some friendly advice. :)

Jay

Kaz -

I try not to comment negatively about what anyone does with their own dynasty, and I won't here either. Just a few words of advice.

I admire the passion that you bring to your dynasties, especially at the beginning. Your presentations are solid, your ideas are good, and you seem to genuinely want to fulfill your promise to finish it (them).

Unfortunately, it's obvious you quickly grow tired of the team that you've chosen, and move on to something else.

My point is this: Baseball is different from any sport that exists. It takes time for the game to develop. Weeks, months, and if a team is in a rebuilding mode, even years.

Players take time to develop. A player that goes 4-4 one day may wind up going 4-30 in his next 8 games. A good basketball player can drop 35 points consistently every night. A good running back will give you 100 yards a game, usually each game if he's decent.

Again, if you think in these terms, it's pretty interesting to see how the team and the players develop throughout an entire season. The great part about it is, good players usually level out, and there seems to always be surprises with players you wouldn't have expected it from.

But in the game of baseball, you have to endure the process to see the results. As far as posting, do it how you see fit. Presenting the dynasty on a daily basis is near impossible. Make sure you are ready and willing before making that commitment. Once a week, once a month, whatever you feel like.

Like I said, you have the tools to present a good, solid dynasty that people would be willing to follow. It's evident from a few that you started.

Alot of these issues I've pointed out are some that I'm sure you're aware of, I just thought I'd try to give some friendly advice. :)

Jay

Thanks a lot for the comments and advice. I mean I'm going to present the games, it's just it will probably one a couple of times a week as I do have school and stuff, but I want to definetly finish this dynasty. :)

Also, as this dynasty progresses I will have different types of post-game reports, it's just I didn't want to spend so much time on it just right now. You know what I mean. :)

You really dislike Kazmir don't you? lol

And I think he uses the lens flare so that you can see where the ball is, because it can be hard to locate in screen shots like that, especially when the resolution is low, at least that's why I do it when I have a ball in my screen shots.

You've got that right. I'm glad I have at least a few REAL followers. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived