Official Video Game Thread

BigRog

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah , that's what I read from some of the links online...it's not wise to go online if you have those versions. Personally , if I had a 360 , I'd just play it safe and get my GTA IV fix from those videos you all have been posting (at least until Tuesday.)

Speaking of those videos , both J links seem to be down. If you all find any updated links , let me know. I saw a lot of fun stuff yesterday , but the links went down after 8 pm.

people who download the game and are stupid enough to a) leave their xbox hooked up to the internet, or B) try out multiplayer on GTA IV deserve to be banned. How stupid can you be?

Also Microsoft/Rockstar made an attempt to try and catch as many as possible.

They posted this trying to get idiots to fall for it:

We need your Gamertag because Microsoft will be helping Rockstar Games monitor access to the online modes up to release date. Because of this, we will need to add your Gamertag to the approved list of gamers who can play online prior to release. In addition to supplying this information, if you do intend to go online before April 29th, you will need to change a couple of the basic settings on your Xbox 360 and keep these settings like this till the game comes out, otherwise other people will be able to see your achievements list for GTA IV (even if you are playing another game) and we'd like to keep that information back for the fans. You will have to switch your profile to private and appear off line. We have attached a document that explains exactly how you do this just in case.

pretty funny IMO

Yeah , that's what I read from some of the links online...it's not wise to go online if you have those versions. Personally , if I had a 360 , I'd just play it safe and get my GTA IV fix from those videos you all have been posting (at least until Tuesday.)

Speaking of those videos , both J links seem to be down. If you all find any updated links , let me know. I saw a lot of fun stuff yesterday , but the links went down after 8 pm.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/meet-niko

What will really surprise people is that these physics work with characters while in cars. So Niko's weight shifts to one side as he makes a turn and his head snaps forward when he slams the breaks. There is also a full neurological system built into Niko so that his body knows how to react to other objects. At one point I drove an ambulance off a high stunt jump. The cinematic camera swung around to show Niko taking his hands off the wheel and covering his face before impact.

Coolest thing of the review.

IGN gave this game a perfect 10. I must purchase it for the PS3.

Yeah, I really didn't think the game would get anything less than a 9.7 anywhere. It's just too big of a game to screw up. I'm seeing where everyone is raving about the online. It's good to hear that R* nailed it. Can't wait to play the free roam. AHhhhhh, I can't wait!

So i'm not going to get it at midnight anymore because this grocery store (that sells electronics too) is giving away 1400 ms points with the game when you buy it from them at 8 am on tuesday. I could use those points for the new CoD4 maps.

Archived