The Movies Thread!

redsox

The only villians we are going to see in the new batman movies are going to be the deranged insane ones to play off the whole narrows concept. That means no Ivy, No Bane, No mister freeze, etc. Nolan said he is coming back for the third movie.

How about the fact that there is some debate as to wether or not Christian Bale will be back for a third movie, considering he's moved on to the Terminator franchise?

(Terminator Salvation)

LINK: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438488/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is everyone under the impression that the Dark Knight is Ledger's last movie? It isn't.

He had completed filming his scenes (although the rest of the movie wasn't yet complete) for another movie before he died.

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

LINK: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054606/

After Ledger's death, Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, and Jude Law all volunteered to add themselves to the cast, in order to "make something more special" of Ledger's last film.

It has been said that none of Ledger's work will be modified through digital effects, or altered in any other way for this film - his last effort will remain unchanged.

As for the Dark Knight - I did think it was excellent, but I feel both the film itself and Ledger's performance are being given "extra credit" due to Ledger's death.

Bale's performance of Batman is still excellent, but his voice work is almost comical (in a bad way) at times.

Ledger's portrayal of the Joker is absoultely fantastic - but unless the Academy gives him extra credit for his death as well, it is not Oscar worthy (especially coming from a comic book film). It's not that Ledger didn't play the part to perfection (I think he did) - it's that the part isn't written strongly enough to garner serious Oscar consideration.

i know i didnt see Dark Knight 4 times for Heath Ledger alone. IMO this is the best movie in 00'(as in 2000-2008) Ledgers death may have helped this movie get the extra hype but what may have surprised basically everybody is the fact that he stole this movie his joker character was amazing and he made him funny at the same time.I know when i first heard Ledger was the Joker i was like WTF GTFO this movie will suck but obviously that all has changed lol. Anyways i think the next Villian in the batman series will be The Mad Hatter. The guy from the Ambulence looks like he will play that part.

How about the fact that there is some debate as to wether or not Christian Bale will be back for a third movie, considering he's moved on to the Terminator franchise?

(Terminator Salvation)

LINK: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438488/

The thing is do you expect many more Terminator Movies after Salvation

he already said at the TDK premier he was going to reprise the role if he was given the opportunity. The interview was on E!

i know i didnt see Dark Knight 4 times for Heath Ledger alone. IMO this is the best movie in 00'(as in 2000-2008) Ledgers death may have helped this movie get the extra hype but what may have surprised basically everybody is the fact that he stole this movie his joker character was amazing and he made him funny at the same time.I know when i first heard Ledger was the Joker i was like WTF GTFO this movie will suck but obviously that all has changed lol. Anyways i think the next Villian in the batman series will be The Mad Hatter. The guy from the Ambulence looks like he will play that part.
A lot of people are speculating that Mr. Reese will play the riddler in the next movie. It makes sense being that The Riddler knows Batman's identity and is a former employee but the names don't match up.

I was talking with my friend and it seems a lot of nolan's ideas for the past two movies have been taken out of Frank Miller's renditions of Batman from the 80's. Could be something to look into when looking at possible story lines

A lot of people are speculating that Mr. Reese will play the riddler in the next movie. It makes sense being that The Riddler knows Batman's identity and is a former employee but the names don't match up.

I was talking with my friend and it seems a lot of nolan's ideas for the past two movies have been taken out of Frank Miller's renditions of Batman from the 80's. Could be something to look into when looking at possible story lines

How can Reese play The Riddler when the Riddler's real name is Edward Nygma

Anyone see Step-Brothers?

I thought it was one of the funniest movies so far this year.

Heard it was a large dissapointment.

Im waiting for a batman/superman movie. A former comic book fan my self i would love to see it brought into being a newer film. Bale is by far my favorite batman.

Ever since his role in American Psycho ive always looked at him a different way than i have when he was a younger actor.

• 1 year later...

Now, for the rookies on the site, this is how you bump. If the thread ain't damn near 2 years old, it's not worth bumpin'!

Just thought I'd post some thoughts on Cloverfield, which I just watched, and figured we could get some posts going on what other movies people may have seen recently.

Good old copy & paste from what I just posted in the shoutbox before remembering this thread;

Cloverfield - an interesting and enjoyable, if medically inaccurate and slightly shorter than expected, film. Sadly, my "Films which actually scare me" list is still empty. I think I've been wholly desensitised to shock, scaring and horror. Anyone have any recommendations? I warn you now - I've seen many films. I chortled at Halloween, found The Exorcist more stupid than scary, laughed my *** off while watching A Clockwork Orange, and could probably fall asleep during the average horror film. I'd probably need some really extreme Japanese gore or something. Although, that said, I thought Machine Girl was great for humour, so I don't even know if that would do.

Oh, yeah, and in Cloverfield, what the hell made the producers think that a woman who had been impaled on a lengthy piece of used furniture metal which entered beside her left shoulder-blade and exited her upper-left quadrant (left side of the chest) and who had been exposed to extreme shock and outdoor conditions for hours could then have the metal forcibly and very roughly removed by non-medical personell, and then was perfectly capable of not only walking, but running, around New York City, simply because her bone-headed friends covered the gaping wound with a thick piece of clothing? Tension pneumothorax (air in the chest cavity), internal bleeding (being impaled on a large piece of metal will do that for ya), shock (moreso the physical conditions associated with it), infection (used furniture metal - not the cleanest of objects), sepsis (infection from outside source)...the list goes on. In real life, they'd have been just as well leaving her to die still impaled on the metal, because she'd have bled out and died within minutes of the metal being yanked out without immediate medical care. You never remove an impaled object...ever.

So...yeah. That's my rant on Cloverfield. Any other films out so far this year that are decent?

Archived