The Movies Thread!

redsox

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah bourne ultimatum was one of my favorites this year and i also want to see super bad i heard from some of my friends that it was hilarious

Man, Superbad is beyond hilarious. I don't think I've ever laughed that much in my life while watching a movie.

Superbad was by far, the best comedy of the summer.

The Bourne Ultimatum was simply amazing...a great "end" to the trilogy.

Spiderman 3 was absolute crap.

I went and saw American Gangster on Tuesday, I thought it was a little longer then it needed to be, but a great movie none the less.

Superbad is the best comedy i've ever seen, Spiderman 3 sucked.

Maybe i'm going to see The Bourne Ultimatum.

• 8 months later...

I know it's been a while since the last post in this thread, but I just had to get the word out.

For those of you who haven't watched The Dark Knight, quit reading this post and go watch it! It's one of the best, if not THE BEST movie I have ever seen. The movie will keep you captivated for however long it runs for (~2 hours 30 minutes). Just came back from watching it for the first time and I am already going to go next Thursday to watch it again with some of my other friends.

Heath Ledger sure did go out with a bang. This was his BEST PERFORMANCE EVER. It's too sad we won't be seeing him as the Joker anymore. I thought he played that character to perfection. And Christian Bale was amazing as well. He sure has risen to super stardom in a hurry.

Edit: Can't believe I misspelled Knight.

I know it's been a while since the last post in this thread, but I just had to get the word out.

For those of you who haven't watched The Dark Night, quit reading this post and go watch it! It's one of the best, if not THE BEST movie I have ever seen. The movie will keep you captivated for however long it runs for (~2 hours 30 minutes). Just came back from watching it for the first time and I am already going to go next Thursday to watch it again with some of my other friends.

Heath Ledger sure did go out with a bang. This was his BEST PERFORMANCE EVER. It's too sad we won't be seeing him as the Joker anymore. I thought he played that character to perfection. And Christian Bale was amazing as well. He sure has risen to super stardom in a hurry.

Amazing movie even for the non-comicbook follower.

Just grossed 300 mill by the way.

For those of you who haven't watched The Dark Knight, quit reading this post and go watch it! It's one of the best, if not THE BEST movie I have ever seen. The movie will keep you captivated for however long it runs for (~2 hours 30 minutes). Just came back from watching it for the first time and I am already going to go next Thursday to watch it again with some of my other friends.

His big break was in Empire of the Sun way back in 1987 when he was 12 years old. I wouldn't really call that a hurry.

Edit: Can't believe I misspelled Knight.

I've seen two disappointing movies in a row. Step-Brothers and X-Files 2. First of all with Xzibit and Amanda Peet, you knew something was going to go wrong. Secondly, it just seemed like an extended version of one of the worse regular episodes towards the end of the the shows' time on tv. I still thought it was ok, but they could have done much better. Now Step-Brothers was hilarious, don't get me wrong I was crying at some parts. It starts off great. But after great comedies like Knocked up, Superbad, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and probably Pineapple Express(which will be one of the best of all-time), you can't just have funny parts without a storyline. You need a story and the humor. It just isn't as good when the story just doesn't make sense. Anyways that's my two cents. Had to get that off my chest

His big break was in Empire of the Sun way back in 1987 when he was 12 years old. I wouldn't really call that a hurry.

I know he's had some pretty good movies - including The Prestige (which I loved) - but I think he's really escalated to the super stardom level only recently (but quickly).

How does the story not make sense.

Two guys who never grew up become step brothers. hate each other, love each other, parents get divorce. Become real men and bring the parents together. makes sense to me.

The story just gets really ridiculous after about 45 minutes (can't remember exactly what started the spiral down). Seriously there wasn't much of a story at all. That's the problem for almost everyone with the movie

One movie of Christian Bale's you must see is the Machinist. I really liked that movie. I think I read he almost died because he had to lose so much weight for that film. Rescue Dawn I think is his best performance in a movie. One I would not see is American Psycho. It made me want to hate him

I don't know if it will be the Penguin, Christopher Nolan said he doesn't like the Penguin and doesn't want to use him, but he was only signed to do two movies, but Phillip Seymour Hoffman said he'd want to be the Penguin. Who knows. I'd love to see the Riddler and wouldn't mind seeing Jim Carrey doing him again I think he'd be awesome in this new Batman serious. One thing I love about Bale is he said he would quit if they ever brought in robin.

The Dark Knight is probably the best movie I have ever seen (I saw it four times). Ledger will definitely get a posthumous Oscar for his work as the Joker, absolutely brilliant performance which overshadowed other very fine performances by Bale, and especially Oldman and Eckhart. I thought Maggie Gylenhall was better than Katie Holmes but she doesn't do much for me in the looks department. This film is an Instant Classic!

i'm having trouble remembering the old batman movies, so far in the new remakes, we've had scarecrow, joker, and 2-face. who's the bad guy in the next movie??? is it riddler or penguin??? i can't remember.

by the way heath ledger's joker = amazing

The only villians we are going to see in the new batman movies are going to be the deranged insane ones to play off the whole narrows concept. That means no Ivy, No Bane, No mister freeze, etc. Nolan said he is coming back for the third movie.

Heath Ledger sure did go out with a bang. This was his BEST PERFORMANCE EVER. It's too sad we won't be seeing him as the Joker anymore. I thought he played that character to perfection.

Why is everyone under the impression that the Dark Knight is Ledger's last movie? It isn't.

He had completed filming his scenes (although the rest of the movie wasn't yet complete) for another movie before he died.

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

LINK: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054606/

After Ledger's death, Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, and Jude Law all volunteered to add themselves to the cast, in order to "make something more special" of Ledger's last film.

It has been said that none of Ledger's work will be modified through digital effects, or altered in any other way for this film - his last effort will remain unchanged.

As for the Dark Knight - I did think it was excellent, but I feel both the film itself and Ledger's performance are being given "extra credit" due to Ledger's death.

Bale's performance of Batman is still excellent, but his voice work is almost comical (in a bad way) at times.

Ledger's portrayal of the Joker is absoultely fantastic - but unless the Academy gives him extra credit for his death as well, it is not Oscar worthy (especially coming from a comic book film). It's not that Ledger didn't play the part to perfection (I think he did) - it's that the part isn't written strongly enough to garner serious Oscar consideration.

Archived