*-New Look, New Team-2008 Tampa Bay Rays Dynasty-*

MetsReyes777

In your opinion, what has been the best defensive play so far this season?  

4 members have voted

1. 1.

• Akinori Iwamura's Superman catch in Baltimore
    • Rocco Baldelli's Game-winning outfield assist at Yankee Stadium
    • Carlos Pena's full extension grab on Opening Day at Tropicana Field

[align=center]SeasonisHere.jpg[/align]

Hey all, and welcome to the 2008 Major League Baseball season. We are here in Tampa Bay to bring you all 162 games of the Tampa Bay Rays Season, and hopefully post-season play.

As most of you may know, the Tampa Bay Rays officially changed their name to "Rays", as they are no longer the "Devil Rays". As well as the name change, they also acquired a brand new logo and uniforms to add some flare.

Tampa Bay has some young guns on this team that have a strong possibility of blossoming at any time. The Rays are lead by CF Rocco Baldelli and LF Carl Crawford. Manager Joe Maddon was asked about the team chances this season and he states that "he feels something special in the air this season, something he has not felt since he came to Tampa Bay.

As a special Opening Day feature, I have put together a Team Introduction video that will show you the players and just what kind of season the Rays might have. Enjoy!

th_2008TampaBayRaysMovie.jpg

Now, for a look ahead to the month of April 2008.

LookAheadtoApril.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys, heres the deal with Game 2.

I just finished it, and I'm about to do the recap. However, this game was a rediculous blowout, and I'm gonna have to mess with the sliders to give me way less of an advantage. I would re-do the game, however, there were two plays that I will have on video highlight that you just HAVE to see. They include the greatest play in the history of MVP Baseball, and the greatest double play in the history of MVP Baseball. Enough said.

[align=center]Crazy Game in Baltimore, Two Unbelievable Plays.

It was Game 2 of the 2008 season for the Tampa Bay Rays, as they took on the Baltimore Orioles. Edwin Jackson took the mound against right Daniel Cabrera for the Orioles. The Rays got off to another fast start, as right-fielder CLiff Floyd blasted an early two-run homerun to set the tone for the ballgame.

A little later on in the game, something very odd happened. A line drive was pelted off of Edwin Jackson's head, and went up into the air. B.J. Upton was able to get the ball, get the out at first. Carlos Pena then threw it to Jason Bartlett, who then threw it back to Pena to get the out. Don't get what I mean? Check out the video highlight below.

th_EdwinjacksonDomeDoublePlay.jpg

Now, look closely. You may think that the ball hit off the glove, but after further in-game replay viewing, it infact hit off his left-eye.(Our right)

Sadly, Edwin Jackson suffered a major concussion because of this play, and is out 26 days.

Later on, one of the best plays I have ever witnessed occured. Rays third basemen Akinori Iwamura followed a foul pop-up, and then dove full extension backwards to make the unreal leaping grab. This play may be the best play I have ever witnessed in MVP Baseball.

WARNING. TURN YOUR SPEAKERS OFF. I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON A SOUND ISSUE SO THE VOLUME ON THIS WILL BE TOO LOUD

th_mvp20052008-01-1122-06-24-17.jpg

The Rays would go on to take them game, as Iwamura added a homerun for himself, and Cliff Floyd added two more homers in the game. The Rays took the win, 12-1.

Game2Post-Game.jpg

Game2Post-Game2.jpg

Game2Boxscore-1.jpg

InjuryUpdatecopy.jpg[/align]

Archived