84 Cubs

InSainn

Any chance they get included in one of the upcoming Total Classics releases? Even if they had to replace the 89 Cubs, I think a majority of Cub fans would agree that the 84 team was a more legitimate team. I've always viewed the 89 Cubs as more of a fluke than a great team...

Any chance they get included in one of the upcoming Total Classics releases? Even if they had to replace the 89 Cubs, I think a majority of Cub fans would agree that the 84 team was a more legitimate team. I've always viewed the 89 Cubs as more of a fluke than a great team...

Not a bad idea, since this team was a better team than the 1989 version, but you asked for this way too late.

If and when TC9 does come out, you should bring this up again.

I had also wondered why the 89 and not the 84 team, so i edited the 89 team into the 84 squad most of the players on the 84 team are in Total Classics. So i just moved around a few playes and created a few that were not in the game. To top it off theSpungo actually has the home and away unis that are spot on , because the uniforms in the game are actually from 1978.

I had also wondered why the 89 and not the 84 team, so i edited the 89 team into the 84 squad most of the players on the 84 team are in Total Classics. So i just moved around a few playes and created a few that were not in the game. To top it off theSpungo actually has the home and away unis that are spot on , because the uniforms in the game are actually from 1978.

Any chance you could package that and make it downloadable? I was pretty young when the 84 team was around so I wouldn't know how to rate alot of the lesser known guys... I'd love to play the 84 World Series the way it should have been... also, how did you install Spungos unis? I tried but they didn't show up and I can't stand those baby blue pajama road unis...

Any chance you could package that and make it downloadable? I was pretty young when the 84 team was around so I wouldn't know how to rate alot of the lesser known guys... I'd love to play the 84 World Series the way it should have been... also, how did you install Spungos unis? I tried but they didn't show up and I can't stand those baby blue pajama road unis...

You could also try installing Thome's 1984 Road Uniform package: http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=397.html

Even though they were created for MVP2004, they will work fine in MVP2005 (I verified that they work). Here's what you'd need to do to install them:

1. Extract the u027g.fsh file from the package and rename it to u019b.fsh.

2. Extract the f003d.fsh file from the package and rename it to f019b.fsh

3. Import both files into your models.big file with EAGraph and it will replace the baby blue Cubs uniforms with the the dark blue away uniforms.

Ok, I managed to get Spungo's jerseys installed for the 89 Cubs but now on the road uniform it's still showing the numbers on the front and nonames on the back like the 78 unis. How can I alter that so that there's no numbers on the front but there is names on the back? I had to install using Kraw's installer thingy as I don't have EA Graph and wasn't able to find it in the downloads...

That can only happen if you install it to a slot that doesn't display the numbers.

EDIT: Actually, you can get rid of the numbers on the front by blanking out the alphas but you cannot have the name displayed on the back if the jersey slot initially didn't show it.

You can have a max of either 14 or 16 slots (not 100% sure as to which one), but beyond that you can't add any more slots.

In any case, adding a slot really won't help since its already been hardcored as to whether numbers, letters, or both will be displayed for any particular slot. You just have to find one that doesn't display the numbers and the text and install the uniforms into that.

You can have a max of either 14 or 16 slots (not 100% sure as to which one), but beyond that you can't add any more slots.

In any case, adding a slot really won't help since its already been hardcored as to whether numbers, letters, or both will be displayed for any particular slot. You just have to find one that doesn't display the numbers and the text and install the uniforms into that.

Ok, but on Total Classics only 2 of the slots are in use... how do I add one of those at least 12 other slots?

Archived