MVP '99

MetsReyes777

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How big do the loading screens need to be?

For your loading/background screens, here are the proper dimensions:

Loading screens - 1024x512 (resized from 1024x768)

Background screens - 1024x1024 (resized from 1024x768)

If you can't get high-quality images for your backgrounds, you can re-size them to 512x512 instead of 1024x768.

basesloaded, I could help you find the lineups-rosters if you'd like.

Your best bet would be to just import the rosters into MVPEdit from Lahman's database and then probably use Don's global roster ratings to create the ratings for the players.

EDIT: I was working on creating some rosters this past weekend and I never realized that creating the ratings could be tedious. You may want to get a head start on creating the rosters.

hey milk, ill be glad to help, next to 1988 season, this was defintly a classic year and ty for letting me be involved.

hey pujols yeh, once we find the divisions, and how it will be set up, if you like we can spilt it down the line, if yall need to i have yahoo yim, and yall could add me, when yall needed to get in contact with me.

it's skillzrundeep@yahoo.com

edit...

well, im really not familar with mvp edit, or dons, tool, heck duuno who don is lol, but seriously, if there is a way to go about it better than manualy, then by all means go for it, i know manualy would be very hard & long process, but if that was the only way, i was willin to do it, if some 1 can point me in the direction of the tools and they have a read me/how-to, ill be more than glad to study up on it.

Some useful sites/threads that could help you get this going:

Stats/boxscores/lineups/rosters/CAP creation, etc...

www.baseball-reference.com

www.retrosheet.org

www.baseball-almanac.com

http://piratecapman2k6.tripod.com/id7.html

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=32568.html

Uniform Database

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dre...es/database.htm

How about an accurate 1999 schedule?

I think that should definitely be included if you guys are planning on a total conversion mod.

ok, cool bro.

edit....

i dunno about batter walk up music, but my music archive is preety heavy, i have music from all years just about, if y aneed that, i could send you that to, i wish i knew how to change the actualy names of the songs like kraw did in the 07 mod, with the kraw radio function, that is really cool, i do know how to change menu music, just not the actual names, where they will show up., just a thought.

well, im really not familar with mvp edit, or dons, tool, heck duuno who don is lol, but seriously, if there is a way to go about it better than manualy, then by all means go for it, i know manualy would be very hard & long process, but if that was the only way, i was willin to do it, if some 1 can point me in the direction of the tools and they have a read me/how-to, ill be more than glad to study up on it.

I would strongly urge you not to do that. It will take forever and you will probably get tired of creating one player at a time. Using lahman's database as a starting point as it makes it so much easier in creating rosters rather than from scratch.

Here's the link - http://www.baseball1.com/

Who is going to be working on the uniforms and are you planning on creating uniforms for the minor league teams as well? And what about cyberfaces? Maybe you could look through Homer's classic cyberfaces to see if you guys can probably use some of them.

ok, cool bro.

edit....

i dunno about batter walk up music, but my music archive is preety heavy, i have music from all years just about, if y aneed that, i could send you that to, i wish i knew how to change the actualy names of the songs like kraw did in the 07 mod, with the kraw radio function, that is really cool, i do know how to change menu music, just not the actual names, where they will show up., just a thought.

Changing the name of the songs is really simple. All you would need to do is edit the .LOC file using LocLook.

Ok cool...I can do walk-up music, but if someone else wants to, they can do it. Menu Music names, there is a .LOC file in the data folder that starts with an "F". Forgot the name. Download the "loclook" program and type TRAX in the search bar. Its gonna highlight EA SPORTS TRAX. Right under that is the track 1 artist name, song name, and album name. Change that with your menu1 song info. Same follows for 2-9.

Wow, I leave for a few hours, and this? NICE.

Ok so, here's what were gonna need to focus on.

-Any possible stadiums, however most of them exist already in MVP 05, or in a previous Total Conversion Mod

Portraits/Pictures- KidCavalier23

Borgi

MILKMANANT

Pujols (loading screens)

Basesloaded74 (Logo’s and Stadium select pics)

Audio- MILKMANANT

MetsReyes777

Rosters- MILKMANANT

Somebody else please? MILKMANANT has a good amount of tasks.

Uniforms- MetsReyes777

Cyberfaces- Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with the process in creating cyberfaces. Is any face maker willing to tag along? Keep in mind that a LOT of faces are already made from the previous total conversion mods, which is a good bonus.

I know I’m forgetting some things, so tell me what it is, as this post will be constantly updated.

Ok cool...I can do walk-up music, but if someone else wants to, they can do it. Menu Music names, there is a .LOC file in the data folder that starts with an "F". Forgot the name. Download the "loclook" program and type TRAX in the search bar. Its gonna highlight EA SPORTS TRAX. Right under that is the track 1 artist name, song name, and album name. Change that with your menu1 song info. Same follows for 2-9.

Yeah, I have LOCLOOK. it's called FEENG.loc, and you can change the song names from in there.

Archived