MVP '99

MetsReyes777

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added to the bottom of the wikipedia page, were official now!!!

User modifications meant to improve gameplay include: stadiums, cyberfaces, portraits, play-by-play audio, rosters, jerseys, background menu screens, schedules, game physics, and score overlays.

The 1st and still largest MVP modding site is MVPmods[1] started in February 2004.

The most notable mod for MVP is MVP 07: MLB. It is a Total Conversion mod, completely updating MVP 2005 for the 2007 season. It was assembled at EAmods using individual mods from both MVPmods and EAmods plus a great deal of new content never released before. It was released for the PC but was not released for the Xbox, Play Station 2 or the Gamecube because of the fact that it is impossible to modify console games.

The MVP modding community also has released Total Conversions for the 1994 & 1961 seasons. The 1961 Total Conversion was spearheaded by a group of MVP modders known at "Team Classics". "Team Classics" has also released a Total Conversion called Total Classics, which replaces all 120 teams within the game with teams from the past. Other Total Classics conversion years include 1956, 1961, 1964, 1967 and 1978. Conversions for the years 1969 and 1988 are currently under development.

Recently, a group of MVP Baseball 2005 fans have been developing a newer mod called ´MVP Caribe´. This mod will replace the Major League Baseball clubs for all Latin Winterball teams from Mexico, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and Venezuela, trying to include as many details as possible to recreate the taste of the Caribbean baseball. These are the leagues where most of Latin baseball players develop themselves before arriving to MLB. The first version of this transforming pack is intended to be released before October 2007.

A mod for a Street version of MVP is being worked on call MLB Street 2008. It will include NY Street fields as well as T-Shirt Jerseys and High Top sneakers.[1] As of February 19th, members of mvpmods.com began making a total conversation mod for the 1999 season. http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=33415.html(source)

;)

Yeah, you can put the rosters on notepad.

Like I said I'm working on the uniforms, I just finished the Reds 1999 Away, so Cincy is now complete. I'll stick to a team a day, sometimes two a day.

Should I add the bench players for each team or no?

As much information as you could give. The more, the better. We've been blessed with redsox's help, as he is EXTREMELY experienced with this stuff, and he'll be our go-to-guy for great links and sites that contain curcial pictures and stats that we need.

Thanks to everyone helping, once again and keep it up.

Hey guys, great news-

Thanks to the great efforts of the MVP Jersey makers, according to the Uniform Database at the baseball HOF site, most of the jerseys were the same in 94 and 99. The only team out of the National league that had uniform changes made were the Reds, and I have already completed them.

I will continue on to the American League tomorrow. Now I know I can definitely jump on board with other aspects that need to be addressed.

Still though, we are looking for people who can make some cyberfaces that we'll need. Please.

I did mention to MetReyes on AIM that he should see if the files on something like Triple play 98, 99 or 2000 are usable.

Good idea. How about some other options that might help? Even though it is a different game, is there a way to extract the photos from the High Heat baseball series? I know they are not compatible with Mvp 05, but if you can just get the photo that would be all you need. And how about some photos you can extract from Mvp 03? Just a suggestion. This might not be feasible but I am trying to think of some places where you can tap into some baseball photos for this.

I thought about that, I have Baseball Mogul 2008, and I was going to get the ratings from that, but I wasn't sure if we could do that.

Baseball Mogul can be used for ratings, as they use a representation similar to that of MVP2005. The one issue that stecropper found was that Baseball Mogul uses the average of the previous 3 years worth of stats to determine a player's ratings.

The thing I liked the most about Baseball Mogul (and I've used it for Total Classics, the 1956 and 1978 season mods) is that it lists the accurate pitch types for every pitcher in the game. When you import pitchers from the Lahman Database, it does include pitch types for each of them, but more often than not, they are not the actual pitches that the pitcher threw.

Another great reference is the Neyer & James Guide to Pitchers. I found it invaluable when I was creating rosters. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Neyer-James-Guide-Pi...03511603&sr=8-1

As far as player ratings, I'll reiterate how good stecropper's Global Roster tweaks are for producing realistic results. I've seen the results they produce and can vouch for their effectiveness is providing realistic results.

The way that you guys are doing this now seems like a lot of extra work, but that's just my opinion. It's your mod, so you should create it however you want. As long as you enjoy doing it and are happy with the final result, that's all that really matters.

Hey guy's, I just took a look on baseball-reference.com, and they have endless information. What we could possibly do is just look at the stats there and divise the ratings based on the stats. A lot of MLB players we'll already know the approximate ratings for.

EDIT: For example, Otis Nixon led the Braves in stolen bases in 1999 with 26. So we could put his speed at about 90.

Archived