MVP '99

MetsReyes777

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mets reyes, stats are already there thanks to lahman database if you downloaded that roster i put on i think page eight

I am starting the AL rosters right now, but I am not sure of the 25 man rosters so i am just going to do the ones I know for sure right now

Sounds good. Thank god for the Lahman database. I'm not quite sure what you mean though, baseball-reference has every 25-man roster since forever. Go look. Keep it up man, I'm gonna continue the uniforms shortly.

Download fizzjob's templates and you should be all set. I had posted the proper dimensions for the images 2 or 3 pages back.

Compmaniac made an All-Screen maker that you can possibly use to save some time. Its in the downloads section as well.

Metsreyes, i found what you meant for the 25 man roster. I am done with basically the red sox roster, but I want to clarify some of the pitchers from pitchers, don't want guys throwing junk they never threw. Redsox, I remember you said you had some good links for pitch types, you mind posting it again if you already did?

Sounds good. Thank god for the Lahman database. I'm not quite sure what you mean though, baseball-reference has every 25-man roster since forever. Go look. Keep it up man, I'm gonna continue the uniforms shortly.

baseball-reference.com actually lists more than 25 players on a roster. For example, here's what it lists for the '99 Orioles:

C Charles Johnson

1B Jeff Conine

2B Delino DeShields

3B Cal Ripken

SS Mike Bordick

LF B.J. Surhoff

CF Brady Anderson

RF Albert Belle

DH Harold Baines

Will Clark

Jerry Hairston

Jeff Reboulet

Rich Amaral

Ryan Minor

Mike Figga

Gene Kingsale

Willis Otanez

Derrick May

Calvin Pickering

Lenny Webster

Jesse Garcia

Tommy Davis

Pitchers:

SP Scott Erickson

SP Sidney Ponson

SP Mike Mussina

SP Juan Guzman

SP Jason Johnson

SP Doug Linton

CL Mike Timlin

RP Jesse Orosco

RP Arthur Rhodes

RP Scott Kamieniecki

RP Ricky Bones

Doug Johns

Mike Fetters

Al Reyes

Gabe Molina

Rocky Coppinger

B.J. Ryan

Jim Corsi

Matt Riley

Heathcliff Slocumb

Brian Falkenborg

That's a lot more than 25 players. What I've done in cases is like this is make sure I have enough pitchers, and then start removing players based upon the number of games played. A number of guys only have 5 or 6 games played, so they'd be the first ones to be dropped.

Another thing to be aware of for your rosters is trades made during the season. A player may show up on multiple team rosters during that year. In that case, I put him on the team where he played the most games.

MetsReyes, I completed the W-L's, the backgrounds are looking GREAT, and when I'm done with that, I'm going to do some team audio. Add the Expos and do the possible minor league names.

Great job man, sounds awesome. I'm gonna be starting the Orioles '99 uniforms right now. Keep it up.

borgi, I believe those links were on page 11. However it was a book from Amazon, so I don't know. But still check maybe there was another link.

MILKMANANT, what's your e-mail? I found several great loading and splash screens, very big images.

Metsreyes, I am going to do what Jim said by just making rosters based on who played most games. Ramon Martinez was on the sox that season, but was hurt and only pitched 20 something innings. I am going to delete him. Is this what you want me to do?

Metsreyes, I am going to do what Jim said by just making rosters based on who played most games. Ramon Martinez was on the sox that season, but was hurt and only pitched 20 something innings. I am going to delete him. Is this what you want me to do?
why would you delete him. Just move him down to a minor league team. If anything, you want people with major league experience in the game still.

well, i just got off work, and went to my libray, i had no luck, with the photo's, i see it seems that ive been takin off of the rosters by borgi, which is cool good work you've done, ill just stick to my lil stadium art photo's and the music portion of the mod, ill hold on to the stadium art, and watch this topic everyday, whoever is going to place the photo's for cts loading screens or main menu art, contact me when you want it, ive gathered a few pics already for the cleveland indians, new york yankees, 1 for the reds, all are 1024 x 1050, its hard to find picks of them, but im trying to collect a minium of 3 pics per team, that way when yall coem up with whateva pics yall find, yall can choose what ya want, i seen kraw posted like 60 and 150 for another back a few pages,so if i can find more for teams ill certainly grab them.

good work all.

Archived