MVP '99

MetsReyes777

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I cannot find any photos I can use for portraits. For the total classics, what sites were helpful for you? If anyone can help i would appreciate it

Sites selling baseball cards are always good for photos. That's where we got a lot of the pictures we used for portraits in Total Classics.

That's a lot easier. Thanks.

For rosters, player and team stats, the mother of all sites is http://www.retrosheet.org/

Go to the site, click on "Franchises" in the left hand column, select your team and then click on the year 1999. You'll then see the 1999 standings. Click on any team and you can then see players listed by position, alphabetically, etc. You can then click on an individual player and get his stats.

You can easily spend HOURS on retrosheet.org!

I downloaded lahman database, how do i go about getting it into an mvp roster

Here's what to do:

1. Put the Lahman Database in your MVPEdit folder (the one where MVPEdit is installed).

2. Start MVPEdit and open up a roster.

3. From the menubar, select File -> Import -> Lahman Database

4. Select the team you want to import

5. You then have to select whether you want to add a team or replace a team. You will want to choose the "Replace" option and then replace the same team that you are importing (e.g. if you chose the 1999 Yankees, replace the current New York Yankees with the 1999 Yankees).

Be aware that when you import a team, it will include every player that played on the team during that year. What you will find in most cases is that your imported team roster will contain more than 25 players. You then have to reduce your roster to only 25 players.

Good to see this is coming along. Thanks to redsox, he gave us a great website for the uniforms of every MLB team team ever. I'm almost completed with the Red's 99 Uni's. Thankfully, many of the uniforms from 1999 were the same from either the 94 mod or the 07 mod. I'm going in order, there were no updates required for the NL East except for the expos, but the 94 mod provided that. Now I'm on the NL Central, finishing up the Reds.

Just to let you know that the color codes on the website I linked are not accurate. For what colors to use on the uniforms use the following site as a guide. It has been extremely helpful for me in creating uniforms.

http://www.ssur.org/research/TeamColors/Ba...gueBaseball.htm

All you did was just import the rosters using lahman's database. Follow what Jim said in his post. You need to cut the roster size down the 25. If not the game will crash. Use the links that I had provided you earlier to figure out who was with what team at the start of the season and start deleting players to get the roster size down to 25.

Then use Don's (stecropper) tutorial as a base to create the ratings for the players. The rosters are definitely one of the most tedious things to do and it should be handled by more than just one person.

All you did was just import the rosters using lahman's database. Follow what Jim said in his post. You need to cut the roster size down the 25. If not the game will crash. Use the links that I had provided you earlier to figure out who was with what team at the start of the season and start deleting players to get the roster size down to 25.

Then use Don's (stecropper) tutorial as a base to create the ratings for the players. The rosters are definitely one of the most tedious things to do and it should be handled by more than just one person.

I know all i did was import it using Lahmans database, but it had to be done. I just let whoever wants to be the roster man have the base file and save him an hours time of mouse clicking

Archived