MVP '99

MetsReyes777

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This '99 Total Conversion project with all the cooperation and chipping in by so many is very inspiring to see ........

It is amazing to me to see how fast all this can come together when a group of folks work in harmony as it appears everyone here is doing.

I am excited by what I see happening here and very much await this '99 release ............

Hopefully this will be a tremendous success, as it appears now that it certainly will be, so this type of group effort can inspire others to bring forward many great seasons for us all to enjoy.

Thanks So Much --- Really Really Great Stuff !!!

Don

I am currently working on the ratings and numbers for the AL teams. So far have completed the Boston Red Sox, and cut the Yankees down from 38 to 25. A young Alphonso Soriano is on the active roster ;), but not gonna be to highly rated

This '99 Total Conversion project with all the cooperation and chipping in by so many is very inspiring to see ........

It is amazing to me to see how fast all this can come together when a group of folks work in harmony as it appears everyone here is doing.

I am excited by what I see happening here and very much await this '99 release ............

Hopefully this will be a tremendous success, as it appears now that it certainly will be, so this type of group effort can inspire others to bring forward many great seasons for us all to enjoy.

Thanks So Much --- Really Really Great Stuff !!!

Don

Don, thanks a lot for the support. It is going to be an amazing Total Conversion Mod. If you have any suggestions along the way, feel free to say whatever you desire.

Mit- OK, once I record what borgi is doing I'll edit that and put it on the first post. The ratings are based on the '99 statistics.

borgi- I'll rate the NL. I just need to know how. I know MVPEdit very well, so is it done with that? And don't I need to wait until somebody creates the roster until I can start the ratings?

Correct, I am using Mvpedit and am not waiting for someone to create rosters. I am basing it mainly off the 1999 statistics. To past modders, how can metsreyes and I combine our rosters, since I am doing AL and he is doing NL?

Right but, if you don't have the roster, then you are rating the wrong players?

Idk, I'm confused, can you explain it more? hahahaha :help:

Right but, if you don't have the roster, then you are rating the wrong players?

Idk, I'm confused, can you explain it more? hahahaha :help:

I have all the players who appeared in a game for a certain team thanks to lahman database. The thing is there is like 40 players per team when you can only have 25, so I do not have correct 25 man rosters, but I have rosters, and I am editing the guys I know who were on the team real rosters.

Correct, I am using Mvpedit and am not waiting for someone to create rosters. I am basing it mainly off the 1999 statistics. To past modders, how can metsreyes and I combine our rosters, since I am doing AL and he is doing NL?

First, determine who will hold the "final" copy of the rosters. Assume that MetsReyes' version will be the final one.

You would export each of your NL teams one by one, creating .met files (e.g. NYMets.met, SFGiants.met, etc.). You would then send all of the .met files to MetsReyes. He would then import each of the .met files into his rosters with MVPEdit. You would then have the combined rosters.

Just finished the Jay's home uniforms.

I won't be posting every mod I do, for the sake of anticipation towards the 99 mod. However, here it is:

Thanks to BigPaPa for the awesome job on the kicks.

mvp20052008-02-2019-06-05-64.jpg

Looks like there is a mapping issue with the logo. Re-size it a little to prevent that issue from occurring.

Hey pujols, according to borgi, the Lahman database has the ratings already there.

Actually the ratings are generated by MVPEdit. If I may suggest one thing, I would strongly urge you to incorporate the global ratings that Don had suggested in the following thread. From what Jim had stated they are pretty darn accurate. I am currently using those as a base for another mod and so far they seem to be working perfectly. Hats off to Don for sharing that with us.

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=32568.html

MVPEdit has an import and export team feature. Once someone has created a roster for a particular team, export that team and have it in a separate folder. After everyone has done their part with the rosters, all you would need to do is just import each team one by one and overwrite the current one. Hope that makes sense.

I have all the players who appeared in a game for a certain team thanks to lahman database. The thing is there is like 40 players per team when you can only have 25, so I do not have correct 25 man rosters, but I have rosters, and I am editing the guys I know who were on the team real rosters.

Are you deleting the excess players?

You guys are working very fast and doing a great modding team, some aren't big names in modding but this will be an awesome mod, I'll be following this '99 mod it's hard to make a Total Conversion mod specially a classic one. I hope this 99 version will have a lot of great stuff. Good luck :)

Best wishes from myself and the MVP Caribe team :wtg:

Archived