MVP '99

MetsReyes777

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and DudleyDoWright were talking about this last night on XBOX Live, but maybe some people on here could take part in making a 1999 mod for MVP baseball? Me and Dudley would certainly be in, I was wondering what other takers we have.

Pm me or leave a comment here to tell me what you think, thanks.

-MetsReyes777

MR, I had something like this going for MVP 94, like a mid 90's roster, But i never got around to it, I'm certainly in, But not now, because of school etc. I hope we can actually go far with this. I have mid 90's Mets uniforms already made, with Mike Piazza's gloves etc. I could be the roster guy if you want?

Ok, so here's the roster situation

Roster:

pujols

MrDudleyDoWright

Ratings: National League- MetsReyes777

American League- borgi

All we'll need is right here

www.baseball-reference.com

www.baseball-almanac.com ( Jersey Numbers )

Ratings will be based off of the statistics of the 1998 season.

Jim825: Where did you guys get all the photos for Total Classics?

AlexTony provided most of the portraits for Total Classics. He has a number of books with old baseball card that he scanned in.

You can also go on-line to sites that sell baseball cards. A lot of them show pictures of the cards for sale, and you can then copy the picture, crop it to have just a head shot and then import it into the portrait.big when you assign it to a player with MVPEdit.

AlexTony provided most of the portraits for Total Classics. He has a number of books with old baseball card that he scanned in.

You can also go on-line to sites that sell baseball cards. A lot of them show pictures of the cards for sale, and you can then copy the picture, crop it to have just a head shot and then import it into the portrait.big when you assign it to a player with MVPEdit.

Ohh, I see. I'll take a look around the internet for that.

that is weird

I thought you we trying to create the 1999 season

Yeah, I mean, the only reason software companies do it that way for modern releases is because the current season hasn't happened yet. At least every stadium required has been made, and you're welcome to use any I've created (Milwaukee County and Kingdome come to mind). I'd just ask Pirate for Riverfront, Tiger and a few others from that era.

We are, what we're doing is that the season will be brand new, the 1999 season. So the statistics will be from the year before, unless I'm misreading what other members of the project are stating. What do you think Kraw?

That's a different approach than the one taken by all of the other single season mods. Note that I didn't say that it is wrong, just different.

What will you do about ratings for guys who were rookies in 1999? Will you base their ratings on their minor league stats from 1998?

That's a different approach than the one taken by all of the other single season mods. Note that I didn't say that it is wrong, just different.

What will you do about ratings for guys who were rookies in 1999? Will you base their ratings on their minor league stats from 1998?

Yeah, I see what you're saying. How do you suggest we handle the stats and rosters? Anysuggestions?

Yeah, you're definitely going to want to use the '99 ratings. A player's stats determine what he produced in aggregate over the entire season, not a definite indicator of what he will do for the future. For example, Chipper had a .313 .404 .547 line in '98, but a .319 .441 .633 in '99, which is a pretty darn big difference. Pedro had a "human" 2.89 ERA in '98, but a ridiculous 2.07 in '99.

Go for the '99 stats.

Well I finished the 99' W-L's if you want that. Just to note, I used the San Jose Giants (SF Single A) Record, the Modesto A's (A's single A) record, and the San Bernardino Stampede (LAD Single A) record. There were two teams for each organization in Single A+. And the Reds didnt have a team in A+, so I used the Rockford Reds' record. That team was there highest A ball squad.

mets reyes, stats are already there thanks to lahman database if you downloaded that roster i put on i think page eight

I am starting the AL rosters right now, but I am not sure of the 25 man rosters so i am just going to do the ones I know for sure right now

Archived