MVP '99

MetsReyes777

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finding loading screens specfically from 99 is pretty hard.

I wouldn't think that would be that hard. Use Google or Altavista, go to the Images screen and then search.

If you want hard, try finding pictures from 1956 or 1978! THAT was quite a challenge.... :D

Good luck with this. You guys have some good momentum going here. That's important with a mod this size.

The "Don" that was mentioned in a previous post is stecropper. He has done a lot with roster tweaking in the quest to create results that are as realistic as possible. Here is a recent post he made with his latest roster building process:

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=32568.html

I used this information when creating the rosters for the 1956 and 1978 season mods. It does take a while to get through them all, but when I was done and I ran simulations, the team results and statistical leaders were almost dead-on with the actual season results.

It was mentioned earlier that you can use the Lahman database within MVPEdit to import your 1999 teams. This will save you a lot of time, as it will pull in all the players that were on a particular team, rather than you having to create them yourselves one by one.

I agree. Yankee4Lyfe, Trues, could we make this happen? Maybe sticky it?

Consider this thread stickied.

And I have a suggestion for you just in case you haven't done this already. I would shoot off a PM to the guys who have made season mods already (Jim825 with the '78 mod), Hory (with the '94 mod) and HFLR (one of the modders on the Caribe mod) and try to get some tips from them on how they went about doing it. I'd tell them what you are planning to do and who is going to work on what and if they have any suggestions for you. You know, kind of like what was the easiest thing for them to do to create the mod and what was the most frustrating or time consuming for them? Don't be afraid to ask Kraw also. Those are the guys here that can really help you do this with the advice they can give you. And best of luck on this of course.

Archived