Do You Want To Be A Top 100 Baseball Prospect?

wolfy6finger

Which team should I use for .mbe file?  

76 members have voted

1. 1.

• Baltimore Orioles
    • Kansas City Royals
    • Oakland A's
    • Washington Nationals
    • Pittsburgh Pirates
    • San Francisco Giants

You don't have to be a DM user, but I did set my page to private, so they can't see it. But I thought, if I gave the link to anyone they could see it.

What exact page are you having a trouble with?

Trying clicking on any of the names (bolded) (post #3) to see if you can get to it.

EDIT: I'm not even logged in the DM site and I was able to use the link, just try the above to make sure it

Nevermind, it's working now.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I sign up too?

MY TOP 100 PROSPECT:

PLAYER INFO:

Name/Alias: Alex Eckstein

Position: SS

Secondary: UTIL

Number: 11

Ht: 6'0''

Wt: 185

B/T: R/R

Birth: 09/01/88

Team Affiliation: Jays!

APPEARANCE:

Cyberface: Generic 6

Bone Profile: Athletic

Body Type: Average

Batting Stance: Delgado

GENERAL:

Plate Discpline: 5

Bunting: 3

Steal Agg: 20

Baserunning: 10

Speed: 65

Fielding: 15

Range: 10

Throw Str: 12

Throw Acc: 6

Durability: 9

HITTING:

Contact vs. left: 40

Power vs. left: 20

Contact vs. right: 20

Power vs. right: 12

How are you deciding our potential?

Are we all going to be 5* prospects?

Good question!

I haven't totally decided yet, I was going to give us all 5 * potential, since we are top prospects. But maybe I can layer that?

Like the first 30 be 5 star, the next 40 will 4 star and the remaining 30 will be 3 star.

I'm currently updating the profile pages, etc. and will soon have them link for the new guys.

I also noticed that 4 people didn't give me a cyberface, not even a decription of what they want there prospect to look like.

It looks like one person omitted this from their sheet, then 4 people copied his post. I realized this may have happened when I noticed some of the birthdates were the same Please Use the First Post Form

Note to self - pm the follwing guys for cyberfaces/looks

Frank Duffy

Ram Vargas

Saul Perez

Joe Random

PLAYER INFO:

Name/Alias: Rusty Shackelford

Position: RP

Secondary: 1B

Number: 10

Ht: 6'2''

Wt: 215

Birth: 07/03/83

Team Affiliation: Dodgers... reds if dodgers are full

APPEARANCE:

Cyberface: will send pic if u'd like.. otherwise, blue eyes, brown hair, 5pm shadow, kinda short haircut (inch to inch and a half).. kinda like the white version of russ ortiz?

Body Type: Average to above average?

Batting Stance: no clue.. i stand relatively still but will hover the bat over the plate loosely before the P sets.

GENERAL:

Plate Discpline: 5

Bunting: 15

Steal Agg: 2

Baserunning:9

Speed: 55

Fielding: 20

Range: 14

Throw Str: 11

Throw Acc: 5

Durability: 8

HITTING:

Contact vs. left: 9

Power vs. left: 4

Contact vs. right: 11

Power vs. right: 6

PITCHING:

Stamina: 22

Pickoff: 15

Pitch: [Movement, Control, Velocity, Trajectory]:

Fastball: 0, 45, 87, none

#2: cutter: 10, 55, 85, left

#3: slider: 9, 42, 81, left

#4: Change: 0, 35, 78, none

#5: none

glove: black with brown web

bat gloves: silver

if my values are weighted too heavily or light then let me know.. or if u need more info. if you're starting us at the empire then i'll take the closer spot unless you have a diff method of selecting this.

Player profile pages have been linked for 39 prospects so far (see post #3)

Please, any mistakes, let me know (I did add some weight to a couple of people, just 10 lbs here and there)

I'm gonna be gone for the next few hours as I go to a clients/lunch

Once you have everyone created, could you pass along a copy of your mbe file?? Thats if you have KG's 5.2 update. Id like to grab a copy, if your interested in passing it along. After this dynasty, it will be so much easier to do another one, with more guys. Let me know if you can.

JB

Edit*

You could write in a .txt who you put in, and what their screen name is, than upload it to the site, but make sure you give credit to whom ever the roster belongs to. That would be cool, but its your choice. You could name it the Top 100 MVP prospects for 2008 :lol:

Player profile pages have been linked for 39 prospects so far (see post #3)

Please, any mistakes, let me know (I did add some weight to a couple of people, just 10 lbs here and there)

I'm gonna be gone for the next few hours as I go to a clients/lunch

d@mn threads are like cameras, they add LB's to the midsection :lol: I knew I looked bigger today for some reason.

Good question!

I haven't totally decided yet, I was going to give us all 5 * potential, since we are top prospects. But maybe I can layer that?

Like the first 30 be 5 star, the next 40 will 4 star and the remaining 30 will be 3 star.

How about every 4th guy is a 5*, that way, guys who sign up late, can still get a 5 star rating by chance.

Sort of like this:

1st 5 star

2nd 4 star

3rd 3 star

4th 5 star

This seems fair and politically correct, no??

Once you have everyone created, could you pass along a copy of your mbe file?? Thats if you have KG's 5.2 update. Id like to grab a copy, if your interested in passing it along. After this dynasty, it will be so much easier to do another one, with more guys. Let me know if you can.

JB

Edit*

You could write in a .txt who you put in, and what their screen name is, than upload it to the site, but make sure you give credit to whom ever the roster belongs to. That would be cool, but its your choice. You could name it the Top 100 MVP prospects for 2008 :lol:

Actually, this roster is based off a very old version that I kept updating with new players, some cyberfaces, etc. as the years went on.

It's from Ultimate Rosters from back in the day, when Hyponxx and llcmac started it (I hope I got those names spelled right) when I, among others, helped them a little with testing, etc.

I can't give the entire file as I have about 50 or so friends and former temmates with real names sprinkled throughout the roster.

But I do have a spreadsheet with everyone listed, plus their attributes (although adjusted to fit in with Class A), etc. that I can post here.

I can even download KG's roster, input them, then redownload (with obvious credit citations to KG, etc.)

How about every 4th guy is a 5*, that way, guys who sign up late, can still get a 5 star rating by chance.

Sort of like this:

1st 5 star

2nd 4 star

3rd 3 star

4th 5 star

This seems fair and politically correct, no??

Good idea, i'm gonna do it a little different than that, but similar

I'll let you know when I get home and work on the file some more

cool, you can export the players into KG's roster, place them into the FA pool, if you feel its to much work, but you will have to delete 100 players from the pool to make room.....lol

This is kind of low on my to-do list, as I want to get this up and running on time.

I might we get full 100 prospects for this part. We're at 39 or so!

Good idea, i'm gonna do it a little different than that, but similar

I'll let you know when I get home and work on the file some more

The only thing I would say about this is: Since when are 3* prospects "Top" prospects? 2*-3* are your average major leaguers.

That said, I do fully realize that not all 4* and 5* prospects stay that way...there are busts. It could be one of two things: 1) It doesn't mean that they still are at that level...maybe talent diminished. 2) They still have the potential, but for some reason never attained it (injury, knucklehead, etc).

Trust me I have something that will work out for the 3* guys.

For example,

1 - 5

2 - 5

3 - 5

4 - 5

5 - 5

6 - 4

7 - 4

8 - 4

9 - 4

10 - 5

11 - 5

12 - 5

13 - 5

14 - 4

15 - 4

16 - 4

and so on

It's a number system that I've used in the past for something else. Their will only be a andful of 3* prospects (and most of them in the lower half)

Kinda late but might aswell sign up.

NAME:Riley Cooper

Pos: SP

Secondary Pos:RP

Number 12

Height: 6'2

Weight: 180

Build: Skinny

B/T:R/R

12/21/1987

Black Glove

Pine Bat

Cyber: Chase Utley

Team: Cubs, if they are full Braves.

PITCHING STATS:

Stamina 72

Pickoff: 30

PITCHES:

4SFB: 0, 60, 84,

CHG: 40, 60, 76, 12:6

CURV:70, 70, 73, 11:5

SLURV: 65, 70, 78, 10:4

HITTING:

Contact Right: 12

Contact Left: 14

Power Right: 9

Power Left: 10

Bunting: 30

OTHER STATS:

Discipline: 7

Bunting: 20

Steal Aggr: 3

Baserunning: 15

Speed: 30

Fielding: 40

Range 20

Throw Strength:60

Throw Acc.: 55

Durability: 80

If I missed anything you can just fill it in with resonabale stats, and if some of the stats are unreasonable feel free to change them. Thanks :D

Kinda late but might aswell sign up.

NAME:Riley Cooper

Pos: SP

Secondary Pos:RP

Number 12

Height: 6'2

Weight: 180

Build: Skinny

B/T:R/R

12/21/1987

Black Glove

Pine Bat

Cyber: Chase Utley

Team: Cubs, if they are full Braves.

You're not late, Cubs are closed, but Braves have plenty of spots!

We've reached 40 prospects.

Cudaflu hasnt been watching his guy pitch. Riley has been great in the BP for team MVP, but where has his creator gone too? :lol:

Actually I have been following, made a couple posts and responded to your e-mail about the UFC fight at your appartment earlier today.

yea lets give the mets a beast farm system. they need it.

PLAYER INFO:

Name: Cory Smalls

Position: SP

Secondary: RP

Number: 44

Ht: 5'11"

Wt: 185

Birth: 3/3/86 (Mimimum: 17/18, as of 2005)

Team Affiliation: Mets

APPEARANCE:

Cyberface: Hamels

Body Type: Average

Batting Stance: Generic

Pitching Delivery: J. Santana

Feel free to do the clothing section of mvpedit: gloves, bat/glove color, etc

GENERAL:

Bunting: 15

Speed: 10

Fielding: 30

Range: 25

Throw Str: 60

Throw Acc: 55

Durability: 50

*** FOR PITCHERS ONLY ***

PITCHING:

Stamina: 65

Pickoff: 20

Pitch: [Movement, Control, Velocity, Trajectory]:

Fastball: 0, 40, 92, NONE

#2: Circle Change: 30, 50, 76, Down and Left (to the batter)

#3: Cutter: 20, 35, 84, Right

#4: Splitter: 20, 40, 82, Straight Down

#5: Slider: 25, 25, 78, Down and Right (about 10-4)

Prospects,

I'm kind of anxious to get this going, and I heard late last night that my new computer was gonna being delayed a month. So, with that news, I'm gonna leave this open for another week (until next MOnday) and then start it.

But as I've said, I will add prospects (by editing the "generic/fake players the cpu creates), even though I've started it.

So, new start date is June 23rd.

Prospects,

I'm kind of anxious to get this going, and I heard late last night that my new computer was gonna being delayed a month. So, with that news, I'm gonna leave this open for another week (until next MOnday) and then start it.

But as I've said, I will add prospects (by editing the "generic/fake players the cpu creates), even though I've started it.

So, new start date is June 23rd.

That's fantastic!

That's fantastic!

Absolutely, I think the initial "rush" phase of people signing up is over and it's just a trickle here or there.

So, why not start next week. Like I said, I will still take sign ups and use Team Editor to edit the "generic/fake" players the cpu puts on free agent list, use Team Changer to sign that player to team desired.

Most of this is gonna be on Dynasty Manager (see first/third post for links), as I'm good with html and use to that's site format.

However, I'll still open a new thread and post updates here.

I'm not good with photoshop, etc and actually don't even have it anymore, so I won't have some features that the other dyansties have on this site (again, I'm better with DM's format).

For the Cardinals Dynasty:

(this will be maintained mostly on DynastyManager)

1. Boxscores

2. Series Recaps

3. Schedule

4. "Down on the Farm" segment for minor leaguers)

5. "Breaking News"

For the Prospects:

1. "Baseball America Scouting Report"

2. "Down on The Farm" segment, which includes weekly statistical/progress/injury updates on each prospect.

This is a work in progress, so I could use some ideas/suggestions. Post in this thread.

While I may not have time to do "Interviews", I might still contact some of you time-to-time, when something major happens with your prospect.

Archived