Pitchers: How Hard Do You Throw?

MarlinsMS_35

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

48? You have got to be kidding me? 48 is like putting the ball on a tee. Why did you even post with such an embarrassing number lol. Some people...

i think thats pretty good for a girl. who is your girlfriend, roger clemens? LoL

I haven't played since high school, but the last time I was clocked was at 78 MPH. I'm 6'5" and at the time was a long, lean 170 lbs, but now I'm more like 200 lbs. I'm 22 now and I play a pretty mean center field for my bar league softball team. I would like to see how hard I can still throw.

Only time I clocked was 2 years ago (I was 14) and it was around 55-60mph, I don't remember good. I was OF (don't play baseball anymore), even though my arm is nothing special except maybe accuracy (my strenght lacks badly for OF though).

91 MPH.

19 Years old, and im a closer.

what school are you going to?

i sit somewhere around 86 and i got some partial athletic scholarships from some d2 schools, but MIT recruited me and they a pretty good academic programs so it kinda was a no brainer once i got accepted. by the by, i pitched against the top 5A high school in the nation, plano west (proof) , so ive had my share of good compitition. i'm 6'2'', 190.

Never really pitched a whole lot (predominantly a 3B/SS), but when I do pitch, I can max out at around 94-95. But I don't have the endurance to throw a lot of fastballs at that speed. At the most I can throw 3-4 fastballs in a row and after that, I have to go to my off-speed pitches. In high school I probably threw about 10-15% fastballs each time out. I predominantly relied on my off-speed pitches to get me through the game.

I'm now 23. I could hit lower 80s consistently back in the day. I never had the control to be a good pitcher. Luckily I could hit a little. I played 2 years JUCO ball and then 2 more at an NAIA school. Needless to say I never pitched an inning.

If you want any advice the key for a pitcher at any level is control. Having that extra zip helps but the farther you go the better and smarter the hitters get.

Before I hurt my shoulder I could consistently throw 89-91 for a good seven or eight innings. Then once I hurt my shoulder I became a closer because I could only throw 89-91 for like 2 and a half three innings tops. Then I found if I throw sidearm I threw just as hard pain free and was able to throw a wicked slurve. However back problems completely derailed my baseball career. I never played after highschool.

• 1 month later...

Archived