Donations

MarkB

Hey everyone,

Over the last few months, going back toward the summer, we have, unfortunately, started struggling to make our donation targets. When we were at least getting close to the goal, hitting 70-80% of the goal, although we were not meeting it, some of the rest could be made up in ad revenue, which led to minimal losses, if any at all, and as we have an absolutely great owner in Trues who has stuck with the site through thick and thin, nothing has been said about it. Recently, however, the donations total has dropped severely, and based on my recollection, which may or may not be correct, I don't think we have hit the donation goal at all in the last 3 months, possibly more.

As you can imagine, and pretty much all the regular members know, these donations are essential in order for us to ensure that this community remains not only active, but also alive. The long and short of it is that if the donations total plus the ad revenue total does not match the server costs in any given month, Trues actually loses money on running this site. If that happens too much, there is a good chance that this site, this community which we are all used to visiting on a daily basis, will simply cease to exist. No more MVPMods. No more stadiums from MVPMods. No more rosters from MVPMods. No more forums on MVPMods. Nothing. We do not want that to happen.

No-one gets rich off this site (apart from maybe the hosting company :) ), and every single cent that goes into the donations kitty goes directly toward server and bandwidth costs. Trues doesn't get paid, the staff don't get paid.

I understand that with the current financial climate, extra money is hard to come by, and I'm sure everyone is taking their own actions to be prepared for a financial meltdown that may or may not occur in the near future. That is totally understandable, and I would never ask anyone to sacrifice that so that they can make a donation to a baseball game modding website. However, what I would ask is that if anyone has any spare funds that are looking for a good home, will be spent wisely and will be very much appreciated, please consider donating it to the MVPMods PayPal link, which you can find on the left hand side of this page.

However, with that said, the key isn't just getting a bunch of donations in this month. The month of November is no more important in this context than any other month. The key is consistency. If we hit $200 in donations one month, the extra $50 will go toward covering for a month in the future that we don't make the donations total. However, this can obviously only be done once, so if we hit $200 in November, then $100 in December and January, the site is still out by $50, which, again, may not be covered by ad revenue, as this is not guaranteed by any means, so we primarily rely on donations and use the ad revenue to cover any shortfalls in the donations.

So, long story short, if you can afford to donate, please do. No-one is putting any pressure on you to donate, you can choose whether or not you want your name listed beside the donation, and you take a step toward thanking a site that has been live for over 4 years and providing the best available mods and enhancements to MVP Baseball.

As always, to anyone and everyone who has donated in the past and who will donate in the future, thank you very much. Your continued support is very much appreciated, not only by the staff, but by all members of this website who, without these donations, would not be able to receive the excellent downloads, support, and discussion, both on-topic and off, that this website offers.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

tl;dr - donate or die.

I'm a recovering broke college graduate...Making $1800/month, I usually only have about an extra $300/mth to spend on food/gas/other small necessities...However, I try and give back by clicking on all of the Google Ads once or twice a day...I'm not sure quite how much those ad clicks generate, but for all the people that don't have a paypal/cc/check, I'd recommend you click on the Ads, even if the site only gets like 5 cents a click, because with all the members here, I'm sure that could add up.

First of all, thanks to stecropper, SESbb30 and djb517 for their donations, especially to stecropper and has made up a lot of other times when we've been short on donations where he's donated a lot of cash at once and led to us hitting our monthly goal where we otherwise wouldn't have without his donation and SESbb - stecropper is an incredibly consistent donator to this site, and SESbb, I totally understand what you mean and I've been in that situation in the past as well, so know where you're coming from. Thanks for sparing what you an, it's much appreciated.

Again, please don't feel this is a sudden requirement to donate or feel any pressure to do it. If you can afford it and are willing, great, please consider it. If not, what nusileidimas mentioned regarding clicking ads is also a great way to help the site. I can't remember exactly what the figure is for the value per click, but whether we make our target via donations or ads is irrelevant, as long as we make it. However, the ads are just a backup, as we don't have any way to track these in real-time, so it's better that we cover the donations first, then we can use any extra left over from the ads to go in to the kitty for future months where we may not make the donations.

Thanks nusileidimas and Blades for the ad clicks, as well as everyone else who cycles through the ads.

BigRog, thanks man. As above, no pressure, so if the time comes and it's not possible, don't worry about it. No-one will hold you to it.

BigPapa, you're exactly right. As with SESbb, whatever you can manage, if anything, is great and will be much appreciated.

I don't think anyone saw the tl;dr in the original post.

First of all, thanks to stecropper, SESbb30 and djb517 for their donations, especially to stecropper and has made up a lot of other times when we've been short on donations where he's donated a lot of cash at once and led to us hitting our monthly goal where we otherwise wouldn't have without his donation and SESbb - stecropper is an incredibly consistent donator to this site, and SESbb, I totally understand what you mean and I've been in that situation in the past as well, so know where you're coming from. Thanks for sparing what you an, it's much appreciated.

Again, please don't feel this is a sudden requirement to donate or feel any pressure to do it. If you can afford it and are willing, great, please consider it. If not, what nusileidimas mentioned regarding clicking ads is also a great way to help the site. I can't remember exactly what the figure is for the value per click, but whether we make our target via donations or ads is irrelevant, as long as we make it. However, the ads are just a backup, as we don't have any way to track these in real-time, so it's better that we cover the donations first, then we can use any extra left over from the ads to go in to the kitty for future months where we may not make the donations.

Thanks nusileidimas and Blades for the ad clicks, as well as everyone else who cycles through the ads.

BigRog, thanks man. As above, no pressure, so if the time comes and it's not possible, don't worry about it. No-one will hold you to it.

BigPapa, you're exactly right. As with SESbb, whatever you can manage, if anything, is great and will be much appreciated.

I don't think anyone saw the tl;dr in the original post.

Dude, I've been on the site for 2 years now and I finally got a credit card in June. I am OVER due for a donation

Archived