What is the difference between MVP 04 and 05...

cococrispy

The 08 mod for MVP 05 is different from the one for MVP 04. The MVP 05 one is run by krawhitham. I run the one for MVP 04. There are great differences between both mods. MVP 08 (05 version) has way more features than MVP Baseball 2008 (04 version). MVP Baseball 2004 only has the basics: rosters, uniforms, some modded stadiums (though they are not up-to-date), limited number of new cyberfaces, etc. The MVP 08 mod has all those plus all-new audio, cyberfaces, all up-to-date stadiums, etc.

Another key difference between both mods is that MVP 08 has Nationals Park and the announcers refer to them as the Nationals. On MVP 04, we still haven't updated that yet. The Expos have Nationals unis and the titles all say Nationals, but there is no Nationals Park currently (though there will be one on next year's mod) and the announcers still call them the Expos.

Both mods are good overall, but if you have the money, it's more worth it to get MVP 05 and download MVP 08. But if you don't have the money, MVP Baseball 2008 for MVP 04 is a great budget alternative. One more thing, if you decide to get MVP 04, you better get it soon because the price has gone up ever since I released my mod earlier this year.

04 is a lot easier to find though at gamestop and even best buy. I've seen it at both places in the EA Sports 2004 packs. Ebay is ripping you off when you could get the pack for 20 dollars which include more games then just MVP.

Actually, the 04 collection does not include MVP 04. 51Y223V3WAL._SL500_AA280

Well I have personally bought the 04 collection with it in it back in 04 so IDK.

Really? Did you buy it used or not? Because I can't find an 04 collection with MVp 04 anywhere (Amazon, eBay, etc.) Maybe they don't make them with 04 anymore. Or, maybe you got lucky and somebody stuffed an MVP 04 in by mistake. :p

I couldn't find MVP 2004 anywhere except for Ebay, and Amazon...

I think its a great game, but I think they offer way too much money! Anyway, thanks for your opinions... I guess MVP 2005 is best. However, since its so rare, I would not mind getting MVP 2004. Hopefully I can find it for a better price...

I couldn't find MVP 2004 anywhere except for Ebay, and Amazon...

I think its a great game, but I think they offer way too much money! Anyway, thanks for your opinions... I guess MVP 2005 is best. However, since its so rare, I would not mind getting MVP 2004. Hopefully I can find it for a better price...

Yeah, eBay or Amazon is probably the only place you'll find it. Here in Pittsburgh, we had only 2 MVP 04's left, and my brother and I got both of them. Now, there's nothing left. That's pretty much how it goes with all PC games. They disappear very quickly.

Is there any people who actually play MVP Baseball 2004 online? Or did everyone get MVP 2005 to play online...

Are there any leagues either for MVP 04?

There are some people on this site and EAMods who would probably like to play with you. As far as official leagues, I'm not sure if there are any. I am trying to get an MVP 04 league started for MVP Baseball 2009; you can join at the official MVP 2009 forum: http://mvp2009.987mb.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

There are some people on this site and EAMods who would probably like to play with you. As far as official leagues, I'm not sure if there are any. I am trying to get an MVP 04 league started for MVP Baseball 2009; you can join at the official MVP 2009 forum: http://mvp2009.987mb.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

I just bought MVP 2004 on Ebay yesterday, so I have yet to play it...

It would be nice if there was at least one MVP 2004 league, so I hope yours is popular... The problem is, in this forum it feels like not that many people play this game anymore. I see almost recent posts that are from 2005...

(PS: Pittsburgh is awesome, especially primanty brothers :D)

I just bought MVP 2004 on Ebay yesterday, so I have yet to play it...

It would be nice if there was at least one MVP 2004 league, so I hope yours is popular... The problem is, in this forum it feels like not that many people play this game anymore. I see almost recent posts that are from 2005...

(PS: Pittsburgh is awesome, especially primanty brothers :D)

Well, they're here, I think, but they just don't post as much. The most active users play MVP 05. Also, the 2004 forum here was locked for the longest time, so most people have probably forgotten about it. The most MVP 04 activity is over at EAMods, but even that has settled down a lot over the past few months. If you want to find some people who play MVP 04, go post over at EAMods.

Also, I wouldn't put too much hope in my online league yet. It's just getting started, and given that the forum only has 7 users, it's going to take a while before it gets big. But, I'm going to start aggressively trying to get the word out for my site in December.

PS: The funny thing is that I've lived in Pittsburgh for 12 years now and I still have not had a Primanti Bros sandwich. That's really embarrassing, and I'm sure my friends here would make a big deal if they found out. :D :oops:

Well, they're here, I think, but they just don't post as much. The most active users play MVP 05. Also, the 2004 forum here was locked for the longest time, so most people have probably forgotten about it. The most MVP 04 activity is over at EAMods, but even that has settled down a lot over the past few months. If you want to find some people who play MVP 04, go post over at EAMods.

Also, I wouldn't put too much hope in my online league yet. It's just getting started, and given that the forum only has 7 users, it's going to take a while before it gets big. But, I'm going to start aggressively trying to get the word out for my site in December.

PS: The funny thing is that I've lived in Pittsburgh for 12 years now and I still have not had a Primanti Bros sandwich. That's really embarrassing, and I'm sure my friends here would make a big deal if they found out. :D :oops:

EAMods is a little bit more active than here...

Why is MVP 04 so expensive though? It seems like the average price on amazon and ebay for buying it now is like $65 (and people are actually buying it). I do not see that many people online actually posting on forums, and making mods (besides you :p ).

Secondly, I bought MVP 04 for PC on Ebay for $17 (total)... So I might think about selling it and paying a little bit more for MVP 05.

MVP 04 wasn't always that expensive. I don't want to sound egoistic, but I think my mod had a little something to do with it. One eBay seller even referenced my mod in her product description! But, you never know...

Yah, its probably because of your mods... This is because no one else

makes as many mods for '04 as you do. Optimistically, if I put MVP 04 for $50 on amazon or ebay for buy it now, in the next few weeks someone would probably buy it.

Archived