Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alantrammellisahofer

Problem with TC 1988

I am having a heck of a time getting TC 1988 to work. I am running TC 9 with no problems. I did the whole copy MVP folder, fresh install thing to install another copy of TC 1956, and that works like a charm. Unfortunately, when I do the same thing with TC 1988, I can't play any game with the Tigers. I get a complete crash. But if I play with other non Tiger teams it seems to work. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, as TC 88 looks great.

Does it crash at home or away? Both?

when I start the game, after I select pitchers, lineups, etc. It goes to the screen with the bar that starts loading...the bar gets halfway through and it goes black and I get the bad windows message. I was very surprised because I installed 56 the same way and have no issues.

it's mike heath causing the crashing. i don't know why, since he has a generic face. we can start there and see if we can figure out why it's crashing...

it's mike heath causing the crashing. i don't know why, since he has a generic face. we can start there and see if we can figure out why it's crashing...

I got Heath to come up to the plate with no problems. Not saying that he's not the problem, but I was able to get past him with no crash this time.

So how do I try to fix Mike Heath? Incidentally, I always thought he was a pretty serviceable backup catcher.

I'm not sure. Like Homer said, Heath has a generic face, so if it's the face, all the players with that generic face would crash.

i'm not sure either. i can't even get a game to start up. i checked him in the player edit screen and he crashes every time. this one has me stumped for the time being.

I'm stumped to Homer, because I can check him in player edit.

24958924gh5.jpg

well then i guess we'll do the obvious thing and try to re-install the game. i'd suggest you do the same too, alantrammellisahofer. something's goofy here.

I've reinstalled like 5 times and get the same crash. I tried playing a couple of other teams and they all worked, so it appears to be related to the tigers. Incidentally, it doesn't matter which stadium they are in either (tiger stadium or road). Any other thoughts?

nothing for me either. i still get the same problem with heath. i really can't think of anything else that he could have that would cause crashing.

All that would tie to a specific player would be a portrait, face, or audio right Homer?

We can rule out portrait and audio. The face would show in the player edit screen, but all players with the 901 face would crash if that was it.

I'm lost here Homer. Just grasping at straws.