Jpup's Great American Ball Park (v1.6 available--new grass)

jpup

I just want to let all of the Reds fans know that I am currently working on an updated Great American Ball Park (day). With the great help of Renegade44, I have learned a whole lot about modding stadiums. I am still at the novice level, but I have learned so much in the past 24 hours.

I tried for the past month to get someone to do this for me because I thought that it was way over my head. Thanks to Renegade, I understand what I am doing, for the most part. I figure the best way to get something done is to do it yourself. Now, I have a lot of the knowledge required to do this large task.

What do I mean by "large task"? Looking at EA's version of GABP almost makes me sick. Their rendition is nowhere close to the actual ballpark. Hopefully, by the time I complete this mod, Great American Ball Park will stand on the Ohio River in all it's glory.

Progress thus far:

Completed all 5 ads under the left field scoreboard. They are now authentic to GABP.

I expect to complete the rest of the ads within the next few days. Hopefully I will be able to get you guys some screens to view as I move along. I will release an updated version as soon as I complete all of the ads, so that you can have something better than the default stadium. After that, I will hold off until I complete the entire stadium, to send another update. I want this stadium to meet the standards of die-hard Reds fans, like myself.

any comments, suggestions, etc. are welcome.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring it on... I need something to sheer on after such a dreadful week by the Reds :(.

5 in a row...wonder how long it will take them to trade the entire starting lineup? :x

I have 5 ads under the left field board complete. I still need to work on the chevy ad a little, but it's not a big deal to fix. Here is what I have so far. I am finally getting the hang of Oedit. What do you guys thinK?

i now have all 5 done. see below.

I have now completed the left field board. I took out the EA Lineups that were on the middle of the board and replaced that with the actual one from GABP. It now shows a line score with Ken Griffey Jr. at bat. I left in the working scordboard to the left of it. The lineups are actualy placed there during the game. I also left in the rotating logo to the right. I still haven't decided what to put under the rotating logo. I may decide to just leave it black or put a Reds running man logo or something under it.

I expect to have v1 with the ads and leftfield big board complete within the next few days.

jpup.JPG

The clock will be fixed next.

I have pics if you need them I updated GABP for my use but see no reason to release it because I can't spend 8 hours in front of the comp to move ads around to make a scoreboard. I hope you are able to get that fixed and will gladly contribute pics.

I have pics if you need them I updated GABP for my use but see no reason to release it because I can't spend 8 hours in front of the comp to move ads around to make a scoreboard. I hope you are able to get that fixed and will gladly contribute pics.

thanks, but i think i have all of the pics i need. i'll let you know. i don't need to spend a lot of hours either, but i am going to.

I have the sofa express clock above the big board complete. It took me 3 hours to finish it. it looks very good IMO. i will show some pics as soon as i can. the only thing left for the clock is just removing the remnents of the old one. i don't think that will take very long.

3 hours=1 clock. for all of the people out there wanting updated stadiums, this is why people don't just whip them up for you.

I only have a couple ads left to insert into the stadium. I need to add the pitch count/speed board with the two ads on the left field facade. Also the ad on the batter's eye in center. My version 1 should be out soon. I thought it would be released sooner, but I want to get it right. Tell me what you guys think of this.

jpup.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to let everyone know that the work on GABP has continued over the past week. I haven't been able to post any screens, due to the fact that I don't have a website to host them. Renegade has been very gracious in doing this for me for the past few weeks. We haven't been able to catch each other the past few days. Again, the work has continued and I expect Version 1 to be released in a very short time.

These things are completed for Version 1:

-5 ads under the left field scoreboard

-Sofa Express clock above the scoreboard

-Bud Light ad above the scoreboard

-Changed the Reds picture on the left side of the scoreboard to Mr. Red

-Changed the display on the scoreboard to show Ken Griffey at bat

-All ads for the outfield wall have been created and 10 of 12 are inserted to the correct postitions (still need a couple minor tweaks)

-Took out the "black" from under the batter's eye and inserted grass

-All New High Res Day sky

-All New High Res grass

-Removed all trees from the stadium exterior

and the BIG ONE (no, not 700)

-The Pepsi Power Stacks have been inserted. Special thanks to Pirate for sending me an adequate picture. I still have to take out the old "EA" version and make mine a little larger. Also need to touch up the "needles" on the top a little on the right side. I am having a little problem with them (power stacks) not showing up every once in a while. I haven't seen them dissapear while at bat, but they will when look at them at certain angles on the replay. Hopefully I can fix this problem by using a different set of vertices. I can say right now that they will not be perfect no matter what. There is only so much that I can do, but hopefully they will look a lot better than the original. It already looks better than I thought it would. Thanks to Renegade for pushing me to do this.

Things to come:

-insert the final two ads on the wall and put them in the correct spots.

-Put brick behind home plate, along with an ad.

-insert the out of town scoreboards (this may come in a later version, but hopefully not.)

-insert the left center and right center distance markers.

-insert the pitch count/speed board in left (the ads are done that go around it)

well, there is a lot more, but I neep some sleep. Thanks for your continued interest.

Archived