Jpup's Great American Ball Park (v1.6 available--new grass)

jpup

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehehe... what a dilemma.

Either way, I always repack the stadiums with Serial Mike's HD grass texture... nothing beats that... and thankfully, my PC is able to handle its heavy load.

But yeah JPup, I know the second, darker one makes things stand out better... but it's quality is nowhere near the quality that your stadium deserves... but hey, it's just an opinion.

Hehehe... what a dilemma.

Either way, I always repack the stadiums with Serial Mike's HD grass texture... nothing beats that... and thankfully, my PC is able to handle its heavy load.

But yeah JPup, I know the second, darker one makes things stand out better... but it's quality is nowhere near the quality that your stadium deserves... but hey, it's just an opinion.

i'll keep working on it. thanks for the responses guys.

hey guys, just want to let you know that I should be uploading a version 1.5 within the next day or so. I promise you that you will be amazed when you see my new grass texture. It will look nothing like what I have shown before.

me and jpup played a few games last night, one of them being in his park. The grass looks cool but yeah, it does look a little weird. i thought it was only me.

maybe its because we're not use to seeing grass like that in a game. i dunno.

me and jpup played a few games last night, one of them being in his park. The grass looks cool but yeah, it does look a little weird. i thought it was only me.

maybe its because we're not use to seeing grass like that in a game. i dunno.

i really like it. i can't do much about how the game stretches the grass. if someone knows how to do this, let me know. i also think it looks kinda weird behind home plate and in foul territory, but the grass in the infield is perfect IMO. i don't boast about anything i've done because i don't think that i am that good, but, let me say this:

This grass texture is the best that i have seen. I have spent many hours trying to find the right type of grass for GABP and this is the closest that i can do. The only problem with it is that the game stretches it weird behind the foul lines. I really don't know what to do.

I appreciate the feedback, but again I don't know how to fix the problem. If someone knows how to make the game tile the grass different let me know. the other grass textures look really flat to me, in some parks, the grass is really short, but GABP has very thick grass. Just let me know what i need to do to fix it.

btw, i would also like some feedback on the new ad behind home plate, the wall texture, the griffey HR marker, etc.

Damn grass..... :banghead:

Pup:

I'm not saying it is ugly... the texture indeed looks great... but the size of it looks very weird in game... I guess it has something to do with how the pic of the original texture was taken or something like that.

About your other fixes... I really like them... the new OF wall textures looks very good, the Griffey HR Counter is... well... A PERFECT ADDITION :D... and the behind the plate ad from ACE Hardware looks very good too.

anybody know how to fix the grass tiling? HEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP

8) Hey guys I just want to let you all know that I have been working a lot of overtime the last week or so and haven't been able to get much done as far as stadiums go. I expect to work a lot up until the 4th of July weekend, then I will be off for 2 weeks. That is when I will get a lot of work done, also i am going to Williamsburg, VA for vacation.

I have never been to Williamsburg, but there seems to be a lot of things to do there. Any of you ever been there? If you have, tell me the best place to stay. I am having a problem deciding. PM me and let me know the details. Wondering if there were any minor league clubs close by too. Maybe I could capture some stadium shots while I am there.

Anyway, my point is, I hope I can get on with the stadiums before then, but don't expect anything released until the first part of July.

jpup i think the stadium looks great, i'm sure you'll figure out the grass dilemma. your a hell of a lot farther on than me. i'm still trying to master photshop, which i've had for over a year and never bothered to use before really. much less oedit.

i have to say after reading your read me txt file i have a newborn respect for you though. i thought i was the only mofo here that chain smoked marlb lights and sucked down soda after soda while obsessing on mvp2k4. i'm a coke classic man myself BTW!

this thing'll lead us BOTH to an early grave....see ya there! :twisted:

this thing'll lead us BOTH to an early grave....see ya there!

it's Mountain Dew and Skoal Straight for me!

lol! ok that's 3 of us now! do u think thay allow mvp in hell? if they do i got first game! hmm i see an afterlife pc league forming.

lol! ok that's 3 of us now! do u think thay allow mvp in hell? if they do i got first game! hmm i see an afterlife pc league forming.

ok that's a little too far. :shock:

i am 100% sure i am not going to hell. hopefully, one day, you can say the same thing. not trying to be "preachy", but that was a little too far for me. :D

Archived